EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Elderan Elderan can you give us some breakdowns on server population that you’ve observed so far? How do Mischief and TB compare to previous servers etc.

Mischief has averaged 2800 a night
Thornblade has averaged 1850 a night
Mangler (first 60 days) averaged 2450 a night
Aradune (first 60 days) averaged 1420 a night

I expect Mischief and Thornblade to drop in average of course over the next 60 days.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Mischief has averaged 2800 a night
Thornblade has averaged 1850 a night
Mangler (first 60 days) averaged 2450 a night
Aradune (first 60 days) averaged 1420 a night

I expect Mischief and Thornblade to drop in average of course over the next 60 days.
What was the deal with Aradunes population? Didn’t they have an artificially reduced server cap for a while or something?

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
What was the deal with Aradunes population? Didn’t they have an artificially reduced server cap for a while or something?

For about the first 30 days it had extreme stability issues. It released with a 3k cap and it did hit the max + had queues for the first few days before the stability issues caused them to lower the cap to 2k which helped some. By the time the stability issues were fixed the server had lost tons of people. It actually gained some population in kunark and velious but never got near Mangler levels.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Joined an UR basement group, everyone in the group walked out with a Ring of the Ancients and we got two DE masks to boot.
Im having fun

God i was down there for 4.5 hours last night, saw 3 rings, a guise and 2 HBCs but wasnt lucky enough to get any of them lmao
got hero bracers and a few actual upgrades out of it though which is still pretty decent

I just want the carmine shit to start flooding trade so i can buy em for cheap with no wizards on the server :p

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most of the people (including in this very thread) who are complaining are infamous RMTers, e.g. Elderan who has been automating SG on multiple servers for years.

I do think this ruleset probably undermines the sort of economy those guys thrive on, although as valuable as plat will be their typical automated plat farming is likely to be decent for them longer term.

I'd agree for the most part. I think elderan fundamentally opposes the core idea of mischief as niente spelled it out though rather than a finanical bias. Mobs like vindicator (or servitor of luclin or grummus or cragbeast queen or) should not drop vulak/aow loot (or aten or quarm or tunat or). These drops should come off appropriate mobs.

I disagree and am confident the devs disagree. The whole point of the server was for people to NOT do the same set of grinding they did before. The idea that you get into time and farming nothing but that and maybe a few minis here and there would violate the core design philosophy. You should not end up raiding exactly the same content you raided on a handful of tlps until now. You should be raiding either more or different things. That was the point. Same for nonraid content. Mix it up, literally.

Xevy

Log Wizard
What percentage of raid mobs each expac do people stop raiding after 1-2 times because its "not worth it"? Like 30-50%? Shit like Akheva Ruins in Luclin, anything under Elementals in PoP, Velks labyrinth, etc. I'd rather they drop god tier loot and FEEL like raids worth doing again than not. I mean some people probably don't even do Yelinak much in Velious because besides his head 80% of his loot is sub-par for the amount of time it takes running/cothing.

I'm all for raids being worth raiding. All of them. Pick and choose if you want. Do just the easy fast stuff if you're short on people and get what you get. Got 120+ mains? Run it all baby, feed the horde.

It'll especially be cool seeing people cheez raid bosses with 1-2 groups and get the highest end gear from them. Until some piece of shit like Gheed posts about it and cries on the forum and gets it all nerfed. The nerfs to content from this server will be vast. A lot of shady shit can be done right now that will come to public light when the butthurts and the RMT kronolords get mad about it. The TLP's after this one will be a much, much worse place because of it.

• 1Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Low man meth shit is the way for this server. Open world the big boys and do stuff like Talendor/Sev in small groups.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Every person on every other server is playing the wrong game. This is the new standard, any other eq is a waste of time. In a year when this server is caught up the salt will be monumental.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im actually feeling the opposite. Everything on this server feels like a waste of time, whoa you got a Cloak of Flames? Cool we just farmed 6 of them tonight. Oh you got a Blighted Robe? I've seen 4 drop today. There's no prestige to any item at all, any therefore, no incentive to pay for anything, which was the entire goal of the GDKP guild. I see the population of this server dying out HARD in the next week or two.

This server is basically a Universal Basic Income experiment. Why raid for 6 hours (work minimum wage) for an item i can buy with 150pp that i farmed from 3 HG's in the tunnel the next day. Nobody is going to care at all.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im actually feeling the opposite. Everything on this server feels like a waste of time, whoa you got a Cloak of Flames? Cool we just farmed 6 of them tonight. Oh you got a Blighted Robe? I've seen 4 drop today. There's no prestige to any item at all, any therefore, no incentive to pay for anything, which was the entire goal of the GDKP guild. I see the population of this server dying out HARD in the next week or two.

This server is basically a Universal Basic Income experiment. Why raid for 6 hours for an item i can buy with 150pp that i farmed from 3 HG's in the tunnel the next day. Nobody is going to care at all.

I sorta of agree with this. We just "raided" for 3 hours and probably got a good 60+ dragon/god drops to bid on. Eye of Inny? 7. Darkbrood masks? 3 Soulleech 3, Aon 2, countless other drops. I'm hoping they can fix this before Kunark/Velious.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly the thing I could easily see for the GDKP guilds is the sheer burnout from administrating so many items constantly. Not to mention the bitching and moaning that people normally do about attendance, rules, credit etc. I can't imagine having to take care of any kind of gdkp or even a dkp system with the amount of loot coming down. Its fun and hilarious, but I'm also doing none of the work.

I stopped caring about "oh look at me I got a cof" a while ago. None of its new and everyone's won multiple of everything over the years at this point.

Given classic is just 4 weeks, its probably amazing for DZ only guilds. Can actually gear everyone out. But if you are doing OW and DZs most like going to be buried and people will start buying for their alts.

Oh and if thats you cyni, stop spamming my poor class channel trying to sell the overpriced bard armor :p

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I usually play EQ two different ways. I either go get a quick fix on FV, drop a krono on a twink, and destroy every thing up to around 65-70. Or I join the batphone guild on the tlp of the year and play obsessively for 7 months.

This server obviously gears towards the first way, but I fear the population will lose engagement on 3 month unlocks. On a normal tlp you can get BIS about a month into an expansion if you are pushing yourself, while more casual will get ya there at month two. This server is going to blow by those time periods and leave people standing around with nothing to do.

That being said I like..maybe love the server RIGHT NOW. I sometime have to take a step and disconnect myself from my normal expactations of EQ. The fact that you make a run to 50 and come out of it was decent set of gear is great.

I really do hope they reasses and continue hotfixing stuff as Id like for the effort of trying something new pays off and opens other possibilities in the futre.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cinge i've made 40kr from fear drops alone today, please stop shitting on my class auctions for the love of god. Bard is the only one NOT selling and im pretty sure it's because of you.

• 1Mother of God

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cinge i've made 40kr from fear drops alone today, please stop shitting on my class auctions for the love of god. Bard is the only one NOT selling and im pretty sure it's because of you.
Sucker born every minute. Keep on keeping on as long as you can bleed em I guess :p

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Hook me up with some thornyvine, I can pay in FoH post upvotes

On the topic of loot.. the pace is OK for a 1 month classic server.. it needs to be a lot less for kunark and going forward, maybe 1/4th of the current amount. I do like the whole idea though and its application to future xpacs, makes doing mpg trials for the 100th time more exciting!

• 1Like

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
anyone seen hammerhead helm drop yet outside of kedge? Think thats the only groupable drop i havent seen so far.