EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its really just too much loot. All they needed was to replace rares drops with random loot, not add extra. They also needed to tier every single raid mob which we knew they wouldn't do. They need to be proactive against this, classic only has a fraction of the issues that kunark and velious will have.

• 1Salty
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
yeah it's fun but nothing will have any value in a week from now lol

how do you even do the hero bracer quest? if i hand the dude the shackle he says i havent done enough for him. I thought you can skip killing the cat for the first quest?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
They don’t think it be like it is, but it do.View attachment 355914

Lol this company is so fucking bad. They literally couldn't take a single day to just spam kill various shit and realize that their system wasn't working correctly? Good thing I passed on this shit show, was real close to playing it.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lol this company is so fucking bad. They literally couldn't take a single day to just spam kill various shit and realize that their system wasn't working correctly? Good thing I passed on this shit show, was real close to playing it.

Everyone's having fun.

yeah it's fun but nothing will have any value in a week from now lol

how do you even do the hero bracer quest? if i hand the dude the shackle he says i havent done enough for him. I thought you can skip killing the cat for the first quest?

They hyper-shortened classic I think? Someone playing on the servers can probably answer, but I thought classic and kunark were abridged and its real fast to get TO velious. Generally speaking pre-velious loot other than a very few exceptions are meh. May as well have fun, ball out, flood the markets, have too much shit, and then when velious opens its no different than normal. Even without this system a 3mo server ends up with people bored silly so massive loot + short timetable I don't see a difference.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

In their defense they have very quickly hotfixed issues but it is also true that basically nothing worked properly out of the box.

Sterling

El Presidente
zooming to 50 in a couple of days and doing the stuff is fun. launch and expansion launches are awesome.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, this server is probably the most fun TLP they've had, ever. Like the only "bugs" are the ones where bosses aren't dropping loot. Who the fuck cares if the RMTers can't flip their GEBS and shit. Let everyone have everything, it's all tradable. That means the economy belongs to raw plat and not to kronolords. Also means that excess loot goes to alts, boxes, new mains, starting friends, etc.

If you're one of the people who say "ITS JUST TOO MUCH LOOT!"

You're out of your fucking mind. This is an experiment, unintended by DBG I'm sure, but a major economic and social experiment. And I for one can't wait to see where it ends up around the Velious-PoP era. It gets slippery in POP depending if the tier levels allow EP's to drop Quarm/P4 Time loot. If the tier system just locks the high end shit to PoTime still it'll kind of ruin it.

HOWEVER if fucking OG Terrish Thule and Saryrn are dropping Time gear? You're gonna wanna do those raids. That'll be interesting rather than just wanting Fire/Time and dreading Earth/Water/Air every week.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

yerm

What gets me is how everyone I know on these servers seems to be having a blast and a lot of my old roi pals are enjoying it even casually, while the forums are full of people who say they don't play there going apeshit over a zaide or bick stream showing mobs dropping loot they shouldn't be dropping. Other people can enjoy the server rules, while I'll enjoy forum whining.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Just finished classic and this is 100% the most fun I've ever had on a TLP. Launch was great, all the issues (except Phinny) have been hotfixed in like 1-2 hours. Classic loot isn't going to matter in a month anyway.

Needless Needless It's just a faction check. Make a level 1 human warrior, and share bank the shackle to him for turn in then share bank it back. Note: you need to turn in the newbie note to have enough faction even on the warrior.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The server won't be any fun and the economy will be bad and you'll all quit in a week without the loot carrot

fox sour grapes.png

and the grapes would have been sour anyway.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Just finished classic and this is 100% the most fun I've ever had on a TLP. Launch was great, all the issues (except Phinny) have been hotfixed in like 1-2 hours. Classic loot isn't going to matter in a month anyway.

Needless Needless It's just a faction check. Make a level 1 human warrior, and share bank the shackle to him for turn in then share bank it back. Note: you need to turn in the newbie note to have enough faction even on the warrior.

fuck thats what it was then haha
I tried making a lvl 1 but didnt hand in the note

Bless you king

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Its really just too much loot. All they needed was to replace rares drops with random loot, not add extra. They also needed to tier every single raid mob which we knew they wouldn't do. They need to be proactive against this, classic only has a fraction of the issues that kunark and velious will have.

No, they don't have to tier every single raid mob and your opinions are wrong

Last edited:

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I'm assuming, but I feel like it's not working exactly like it's supposed to.

Might see some more tweaks later this week when the holiday weekend is over

• 1Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I don't get why they shouldn't be a bit more generous with loot at this time. EQ classic was horrible honestly (back in the day it felt okay), 54 people 2 hours 3 pieces of boss loot.
I think it's nice for an expansion that last 4 weeks to have a lot of loot available for everyone. Yes I know, the EQ ultras "not my game and also please ban all boxers" but it feels really fresh and 2021.
Also who cares in 3 weeks if there are too many insidous pieces, really? Day one Kunar all this stuff will be vendor trash mostly and this cycle keeps on going through every second or third expansion.

• 1Like

yerm

Heavy tiering of raid mobs could be really awful for a while. Like sod ish it makes sense? Having time loot only drop in potime but shuffled changes NOTHING about the pop era since you will still raid exactly the same content in exactly the same way. Why even have random loot at that point? You will raid time and you will raid whatever drops xegony loot and the only change likely is a more toxicly aggressive p1 farm maybe if that phase drops higher stuff now. Awful.

If your suggestion for loot design means that mischief ends up being played identically to every other tlp (except selo) from phinny to aradune/rizlona, raiding the same mobs, xping in the same spots... your idea flies directly in the face of what people like niente said was the whole intent.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Heavy tiering of raid mobs could be really awful for a while. Like sod ish it makes sense? Having time loot only drop in potime but shuffled changes NOTHING about the pop era since you will still raid exactly the same content in exactly the same way. Why even have random loot at that point? You will raid time and you will raid whatever drops xegony loot and the only change likely is a more toxicly aggressive p1 farm maybe if that phase drops higher stuff now. Awful.

If your suggestion for loot design means that mischief ends up being played identically to every other tlp (except selo) from phinny to aradune/rizlona, raiding the same mobs, xping in the same spots... your idea flies directly in the face of what people like niente said was the whole intent.

Don't think he has any idea what he's talking about. Only thing that would make sense would be the idea that there's no reason to go after harder raid targets or that the risk vs reward is skewed.

Both ideas fail because of how easy everything is anyways and the fact that higher "tiered" raids still gives you more chances at loot even if its all from the same table.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't think he has any idea what he's talking about. Only thing that would make sense would be the idea that there's no reason to go after harder raid targets or that the risk vs reward is skewed.

Both ideas fail because of how easy everything is anyways and the fact that higher "tiered" raids still gives you more chances at loot even if its all from the same table.

Naggy, Vox, Inno, CT loot should not be dropping off minis for example just because they are in the same level range. Another good example down the road is AOW Vulak loot should not drop off Vindicator just because they are in the same level range.

• 2Salty
  • 2Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Naggy, Vox, Inno, CT loot should not be dropping off minis for example just because they are in the same level range. Another good example down the road is AOW Vulak loot should not drop off Vindicator just because they are in the same level range.
Who cares if you can get sweet ass loot off Vindi? Would that hurt your feelings or sense of accomplishment from killing a Vulak?

• 2Like