EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The yard is good from 9-15. Then MR 15-20, then FP 20-26 then basement to 30ish. You could push basement to like 35 if you really wanted to, I wouldn't go sit LFG in unrest at 30 but I wouldn't leave a basement group to go lfg in guk at 30 either.

If you are a new player oasis kinda sucks because you get zero cash where unrest has some good cash and by the time you are doing FP you are getting multiple named with good drops.

I just don't like befallen for pugs because the odds of a wipe are sky high where as unrest is pretty safe, the biggest danger is ghoul root which is a joke compared to some of the casters you see in befallen. It is also almost impossible to replace people in befallen.
Yea, that's what I was kinda remembering. I did 10 to 18 in oasis yesterday in a short amount of time, but I'm completely broke at this point after spells. Which is fine. I'll probably just go to upper guk or CT instead of trying to hoof it out to unrest. Maybe I'll make a dwarf next time.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I want to make a human ranger, but Qeynos origin seems godawful until PoP. Any perks im not thinking about or should I cuck out and go Elf like everyone else?
Banker and parcel are very close together, so that's nice. And like someone else said, usually a porter near by. Not having a close PoP book is pretty terrible, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Idk, if you see me on for the rest of classic and Im not in a raid zones - if you're within a zone or two, Ill come mage DMG shield you and you can forget those levels much more quickly.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
gfay is one of the best origins you can have, luclin port right in the zone, pok book is literally 2 feet away and no annoying city hallways to run through to find it, just jump off a tree. And there are just as many or more druids sitting 2 feet away in gfay. You are central to the high pop zones for leveling too, unrest is nearby and with translocators instead of boats you can run from gfay to solb or guk in about 10 minutes.

I'm aware, but what i'm saying is SFG origin isn't nearly as bad as it sounds. I'd take the slightly worse origin any day over being a cuck elf worshiping a cuck goddess.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm aware, but what i'm saying is SFG origin isn't nearly as bad as it sounds. I'd take the slightly worse origin any day over being a cuck elf worshiping a cuck goddess.
f809ec66f2dfe14de00280c33afb89a7.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I had to visit relatives and do IRL battle with birbs past few days so I haven't had much time, but the best thing I saw in unrest fireplace was a peg cloak and reed belt from a deadite knight. A gnome nec won both rolls :emoji_laughing:

We had 4 wood elf maidens and a high elf cleric at one point.

Stover678

Lord Nagafen Raider
The yard is good from 9-15. Then MR 15-20, then FP 20-26 then basement to 30ish. You could push basement to like 35 if you really wanted to, I wouldn't go sit LFG in unrest at 30 but I wouldn't leave a basement group to go lfg in guk at 30 either.

If you are a new player oasis kinda sucks because you get zero cash where unrest has some good cash and by the time you are doing FP you are getting multiple named with good drops.

I just don't like befallen for pugs because the odds of a wipe are sky high where as unrest is pretty safe, the biggest danger is ghoul root which is a joke compared to some of the casters you see in befallen. It is also almost impossible to replace people in befallen.

15 may be a bit low for MR if you're a melee (which, in itself, may be a mistake in the early days of a fresh TLP server). FP levels are spot on, though I exceeded that last night taking FP from 24-29. My group was fortunate to get keys to the tower and bar from the reanimated hand...which seem to be subject to the Mischief loot rules. Despite spending several hours at FP, we didn't get a magus door key until the last 30 mins or so. Of course, there are ways around that and worthwhile if you have reliable CC. If not, and you don't have keys, it's a very slow exp camp.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Unrest always drives me crazy. Long spawn times make it very easy to run out of mobs and there's really one one camp per level range (maybe yard can be split up). Sol A and UGuk just have way higher hit rates for me in terms of not being a complete waste of time.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My groups have been comical btw. Rogues are not well loved, so I take what I can get, but they are usually very sad all-melee affairs or one token pet caster that is permanently afk.

When I first got to fireplace yesterday our enchanter was 14 and couldn't really do much, so we were barely handling respawns and the occasional train from people fartaunting our named we couldn't kill as they ran through our group. I've got 6 xp potions ready to go on both characters and I've yet to feel the urge to pop one.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Made dozens of kronos on Saturday mainly just farming plat, took most of Sunday off, then Monday and Tuesday the gravy train had slowed waaaaaay down. I expected this level of slowdown, but not until two weeks in. The krono price today, one week in, is almost as high as it was after two weeks on Aradune, and there's a lot more competition for mobs on top of that. I'll probably call it a day on the platinum-kronolording after tomorrow because it just isn't worth it.

Raids on the other hand are still quite good for finances, especially GDKP raids. I could see this server being extremely lucrative for a few days after every expansion launch. Most importantly, it's hella fun.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Unrest always drives me crazy. Long spawn times make it very easy to run out of mobs and there's really one one camp per level range (maybe yard can be split up). Sol A and UGuk just have way higher hit rates for me in terms of not being a complete waste of time.
Yeah, Unrest always felt like a dungeon designed around one group just slowly exploring the zone. The amount of mobs in there is absolute dogshit. But honestly, most classic dungeons are that way except for the big ones like Guk and Solusek. Yet another one of the many things I hate about classic.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Made dozens of kronos on Saturday mainly just farming plat, took most of Sunday off, then Monday and Tuesday the gravy train had slowed waaaaaay down. I expected this level of slowdown, but not until two weeks in. The krono price today, one week in, is almost as high as it was after two weeks on Aradune, and there's a lot more competition for mobs on top of that. I'll probably call it a day on the platinum-kronolording after tomorrow because it just isn't worth it.

Raids on the other hand are still quite good for finances, especially GDKP raids. I could see this server being extremely lucrative for a few days after every expansion launch. Most importantly, it's hella fun.

I cannot believe how fast i've been able to make krono on this server. It almost feels like cheating and i've just stopped doing it now because i have more than i'll ever need. This server's ruleset is MADE for krono to be farmed, but i expect the bottom to drop out any second.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I cannot believe how fast i've been able to make krono on this server. It almost feels like cheating and i've just stopped doing it now because i have more than i'll ever need. This server's ruleset is MADE for krono to be farmed, but i expect the bottom to drop out any second.

The early krono always dies out really quick no matter the server.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
You haven't rushed 50 on other servers have you?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Unrest always felt like a dungeon designed around one group just slowly exploring the zone. The amount of mobs in there is absolute dogshit. But honestly, most classic dungeons are that way except for the big ones like Guk and Solusek. Yet another one of the many things I hate about classic.

Yep, it was even worse in actual classic before pickzones. You'd have groups sitting on camps of like 2-3 mobs waiting for that one room to respawn.

On the other hand, there were like 3-4x as many servers back then, so the high level of servers probably balanced/spread the game out as much as 8 picks of LGuk does on Mischief.

Bottom drop out, as in krono prices make a quantum leap upward? I've been waiting for that to happen myself but it's been more like a steady climb, just a 2x accelerated one.

I'm really looking forward to the expac launches on this server and going full kronolord on those, plus the frenzy over loot, and whatever surprises are in store. It's just fun. In our group we were killing nameds and going "time for another pull on the slot machine" like we were playing a Gacha. Earlier some level 30-something racist paladin jumped me when I was walking around Rathe Mountains and a minute later I had four new pieces of LGuk loot from him. Definitely the most fun server in ages.

YHO

Trakanon Raider
Makes me think back to the days of ragefire and being able to sell a djarn ring for 6-8 krono and GEBs for 2-4 for dayssss... Gradually with each new server more and more people learn what not to waste money on and the market has slowly dried up as a result. This server has a slightly new influx of people because of the novel rule set. This will allow for sizeable gains in the beginning. Overtime, as FV has shown us, most items will be worth relative pennies and there will be a random item here or there worth a fortune. With all the being said, having a great time with the new rule set and surprisingly impressed with DBG. Granted, it’s a VERY low bar.