EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, some people like not having to spend money on the game to gear out their characters which is part of the central point of playing EverQuest. It's silly to believe that everyone just wants to make plat/Krono above anything else game related.

I'm sure someone will come in here and talk about how easy it is and how much krono they have but not everyone is willing to spend an entire day farming hate or ground spawns or are on their 7th TLP with a hoard of krono coming in. And even then if every single person did that not everybody would be able to amass krono because there would be no buyers.

Fortunately there's guilds that cater to both types of players on the server.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utanix

N00b
Wrote an essay but removed. Will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next fw xpacs when the stakes get higher.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
I’m not trying to pass judgment here but it’s not the whole server that feels that way.
Given your split from the system heavily advertised as a GDKP first system, I assume you are going back to the more traditional DKP style of play. Can you give us all a general idea of what you are trying to build and how? Rough goals, so to speak.

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would have to say that feeling is mostly in Faceless. Smaller guild who still do progression and kill bosses aren't having people sell all their gear and whatnot and don't feel like it's a merc type server. FxIV just seems to have gotten all the "krono/plat first" type people and yell when anyone brings up any semblance of guild loyalty.

I'm glad to hear that. I think loyalty is earned in a guild just as it is in real life. Inpsiring and retaining the right people comes down to them knowing the plan, having the people and processes in place to execute, and making sure to manage out anyone that gets in the way culturally or otherwise.

The nature of advertising a GDKP guild, a new concept, and inviting 600+ people is going to be really difficult to manage for anyone and I don't envy the position of anyone who tries it.

Octave

Trakanon Raider
So this all surrounds the removal of "NO DROP", right?

Did FV server also have this attitude/style - rampant RMT?

It's an interesting balance. A unique aspect of EQ is the very lively EC tunnel. It adds a lot to the sense of community.

It seems that too much NO DROP would ruin that. But we're seeing now that too little NO DROP also ruins it. I wonder if there's an elegant solution if you're simply after the greatest feeling of community and not trying to print more kronos.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait for Luclin. ECTunnel is a fucking nightmare for trying to score items amongst all the spam, especially without NO DROP. Luclin makes buying/selling QOL so much fucking better. I hate the facade of "community" people think ECTunnel creates.

• 2Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't wait for Luclin. ECTunnel is a fucking nightmare for trying to score items amongst all the spam, especially without NO DROP. Luclin makes buying/selling QOL so much fucking better. I hate the facade of "community" people think ECTunnel creates.

I despise ECTunnel, just makes selling stuff miserable. Everyone wants a discount no matter the price or people just pawn stars it and ask to pay 75% off asking price.

• 2Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So this all surrounds the removal of "NO DROP", right?

Did FV server also have this attitude/style - rampant RMT?

It's an interesting balance. A unique aspect of EQ is the very lively EC tunnel. It adds a lot to the sense of community.

It seems that too much NO DROP would ruin that. But we're seeing now that too little NO DROP also ruins it. I wonder if there's an elegant solution if you're simply after the greatest feeling of community and not trying to print more kronos.
No. Not really. This is a problem that has worsened with time and started with Krono. It's also not isolated to EQ. GDKP is becoming more and more common and RMT is just becoming widespread through MMOs, whether it's boosting/raid runs in WoW, or krono stuff in EQ.

It's just the evolution of the internet and gaming and globalization. Expect a future where there will be real exchanges for game currencies and FIAT/crypto followed by government legislation. But eventually, this still will be extremely widespread and it will be impossible to escape RMT and all the fun MMOs will be sucked out of them because every single item will have a dollar value and won't be part of a closed system.

• 1Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else notice this in the eqclient.ini file, tacked on the end.

[BristlebaneWasHere]
IHateFun=0

Pretty sure if you set that to 1 you don't get illusioned while in the guild lobby on April 1st, because some crochety old boomers complained on the Vets Lounge.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I have my doubts unless hes talking about having sold 3 days ago. But 3rd party sites exist and people do buy overpriced shit on them sometimes.

Yesterday i sold 3MQs and 2 cords one at 6kr and one at 5kr + a good amount of plat. I have at least a dozen people that have offered to pay 5kr for cord and another dozen that WTB MQ when they get the items which would effectively cost 4 1/2 krono ATM. Unless someone start power farming Royals i expect them to stay around 5kr for awhile. If someone starts powerfarming Urns they could be 2-3kr in a week.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Shamless.png

Working on my Iksar Necro Skullcap. Get to the EJ part for the 8th Cap. Some dude from Faceless camping a completely different mob decided to report me for "AFK" cause i was killing shit in the same area. Wasn't doing anything that any reasonable person would think is botting btw.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
View attachment 361084

Working on my Iksar Necro Skullcap. Get to the EJ part for the 8th Cap. Some dude from Faceless camping a completely different mob decided to report me for "AFK" cause i was killing shit in the same area. Wasn't doing anything that any reasonable person would think is botting btw.
Rofl oh shit you're Phoenix?

• 2Worf