EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
OW would have been difficult since they funneled and we didn’t, and realistically their core on the raid was better racers than us and you are correct that we were even in that situation by the grace of god that they had fucked up their first one- and they in theory had an ace in their sleeve.

I don’t personally think they would have bitched out to instances but that’s speculation on my part - I don’t think they would have taken the asterisk for the technical win.

i wish we had shown up funneled and geared and just gone for it and won or lost. Those long races like a first ahr kill I think melee dps with haste (we had more haste than them) was all part of my autistic plan I had built with harvesting sea horse belts for the whole guild that me and resilient did. I got super triggered when we started bidding out luclin ulaks and shit. You know me well enough to know that I am pretty competitive and walking away from that ow was tough.

it’s hard to say whether we would have raced trained or combinations of all of it (probably this) - but that was the blaze of glory I was looking for tbh. And to your point sieger- regardless ultimately it’s all of the officers responsibilities sure so I was part of that.

I hope you guys get a real healthy rivalry eventually maybe it’s FXIV vs TF - that kind of shit is great memories.

Last edited:

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
How is instances "bitching out"? That was how they attempted to win the night before, no one really was perceiving instances as invalid at any point for first AHR lol.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
How is instances "bitching out"? That was how they attempted to win the night before, no one really was perceiving instances as invalid at any point for first AHR lol.
To be more specific - and this is speculation on my part- my opinion is they wouldn’t have left ie “bitched”out of an open world race to instances.

We are now firmly in what if territory that ultimately didn’t matter due to a confluence of decisions, people on the raids racing experience, etc. So it’s safe to say it’s ancient history at this point.

it’s ironic that this debate all started around debate on “old school eq and open world is gone now” and that this giant race ended with an open world kill :)

Last edited:
I would be surprised if a guild would stick around in a cuck fest where the zone has been degraded to the point of not being useful when they had an open DZ available to them. What would be the benefit when they can just secure the win?

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
I would be surprised if a guild would stick around in a cuck fest where the zone has been degraded to the point of not being useful when they had an open DZ available to them. What would be the benefit when they can just secure the win?

if your not on the spectrum like the specific people involved on all sides of the table in this transaction - you probably wouldn’t understand

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
That advantage was created because they keyed faster, they keyed faster at least in significant part because they were able to start keying very early on, because they knew who was getting keyed.

There's also one massive mistake you are leaving out, maybe even the biggest one. You killed emp without having 40 people finished with shards, or at least close to 40. From what I had heard from amtrak people when it happened, emp wasn't really on their radar for that day and neither was hard farming shards. Tmk they were in ToV getting gear. Once you guys killed emp, they thought you were a lot farther ahead so they turned on the burners and went mega try hard thinking there was an actual possibility they might lose.

I don't even know why you guys killed emp without being rdy for VT. I'll never forget when citadel msg'd me all happy saying "we just got server first emp !!" and i replied asking him if you guys had 40 people vt keyed, he said no and i replied "you just lost".

I dunno who decided to go for that emp without having 40 people rdy for VT but that was one of the most "not smart" things ive ever seen on a race.

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
There's also one massive mistake you are leaving out, maybe even the biggest one. You killed emp without having 40 people finished with shards, or at least close to 40. From what I had heard from amtrak people when it happened, emp wasn't really on their radar for that day and neither was hard farming shards. Tmk they were in ToV getting gear. Once you guys killed emp, they thought you were a lot farther ahead so they turned on the burners and went mega try hard thinking there was an actual possibility they might lose.

I don't even know why you guys killed emp without being rdy for VT. I'll never forget when citadel msg'd me all happy saying "we just got server first emp !!" and i replied asking him if you guys had 40 people vt keyed, he said no and i replied "you just lost".

I dunno who decided to go for that emp without having 40 people rdy for VT but that was one of the most "not smart" things ive ever seen on a race.
tfw you're talking about stuff we already talked about.

Yes, we knew who our first 40 was going up to Emp. No, they weren't done with shards--neither were Amtrak's first 40 (this was already covered in the thread.) Amtrak started shard keying earlier because they knew before the server launched who their first 40 were, we deliberately did not pick a first 40 pre-launch, because we didn't want to just "award" keys to 40 people based on us knowing them previously, we wanted to give people who were new to the guild and who were sinking hundreds of hours into the launch to have a competitive change of earning a spot.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
tfw you're talking about stuff we already talked about

You don't understand. Every single time a raid on Aradune turned in to old men talking about the past (a lot) and Selo got its turn as a discussion point Atabishi would bring up the server first Emp. His post is almost verbatim including the message to Citadal. This is finally the opportunity for him to say it to you.

Don't take it away from him.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
You don't understand. Every single time a raid on Aradune turned in to old men talking about the past (a lot) and Selo got its turn as a discussion point Atabishi would bring up the server first Emp. His post is almost verbatim including the message to Citadal. This is finally the opportunity for him to say it to you.

Lol, it's a nice myth we just killed Emp with no idea how VT worked, ignoring we had like 30 luclinite orbs before that, did we just assign those randomly? We clearly had a list of our first 40, it just wasn't built before launch, so it limited some of what we could do week 1. Like we couldn't even tell people pre-launch "hey you're definitely in the first 40, make sure you hit up a few of these shard camps along the way." I don't like getting into the mud but let's keep in mind Bishi's guild wiped in PoTime on their first clear, and has reportedly had to "bind rush" to beat Phase 5 Bertox on farm mode several times in recent weeks which is shocking considering he's like one of the easiest PoTime bosses. I don't normally bring stuff like this up that is widely known around the EQ community because I hate to get involved in some of this nonsense, but if he really wants to open up the door of "bad play" it's not going to look great. Unlike Atabishi I have no problem owning my mistakes. His ego is so massive and he's so delusional he lives in a world of fake reality where it's reasonable to pretend you beat up three Navy SEALs (at once), or to believe that Zaide hid the fact Amtrak actually beat Planes of Power faster than he planned to until after he already finished slower than them as some sort of nefarious plot.

• 1Like

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
tfw you're talking about stuff we already talked about.

Yes, we knew who our first 40 was going up to Emp. No, they weren't done with shards--neither were Amtrak's first 40 (this was already covered in the thread.) Amtrak started shard keying earlier because they knew before the server launched who their first 40 were, we deliberately did not pick a first 40 pre-launch, because we didn't want to just "award" keys to 40 people based on us knowing them previously, we wanted to give people who were new to the guild and who were sinking hundreds of hours into the launch to have a competitive change of earning a spot.

That's my point though. If by the time you went to do emp, you knew who your first 40 was going to be, why kill emp when those 40 weren't finished with shards? If you hadn't killed emp when you did, I guarantee you would have had a much easier time shard farming and could have possibly caught up or even passed amtrak in progress. That emp kill was just so dumb and unnecessary.

Lol, it's a nice myth we just killed Emp with no idea how VT worked, ignoring we had like 30 luclinite orbs before that, did we just assign those randomly? We clearly had a list of our first 40, it just wasn't built before launch, so it limited some of what we could do week 1. Like we couldn't even tell people pre-launch "hey you're definitely in the first 40, make sure you hit up a few of these shard camps along the way." I don't like getting into the mud but let's keep in mind Bishi's guild wiped in PoTime on their first clear, and has reportedly had to "bind rush" to beat Phase 5 Bertox on farm mode several times in recent weeks which is shocking considering he's like one of the easiest PoTime bosses.

I didn't say you did emp with no idea how VT worked. I'm simply pointing out that killing emp without having your set 40 fully sharded and ready to turn in VT keys was dumb and a massive massive mistake.
Why even bring up that we had a wipe in time on our first push? Have you never wiped on a raid before? We had 72 people going on a minimum of 38 hours of no sleep if they woke up literally at launch but most had been up for 48 hours+, on top of having an average raid level of 62. Also we've bind rushed bertox several times in recent weeks? lol that's news to me. Maybe you are the retard that needs to get your info straight.

I love how every time I bring up a point, which is based on my opinion, you go full retard ad hominem in your response.

• 1Hodjing

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider

What was your char name on Aradune or you going to be too afraid to post it?

• 1Salty

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
I love how you guys just got a 10 page taste of the down and dirty for selos - like the selos memoirs- and someone comes out of left field with very irrelevant details.

I don’t think emp mattered personally. If we wanted to micro manage the entire process I can post my entire raid spreadsheets I had built that tracked clears to the day and show you where we didn’t follow it - raiding ntov for example.

in some ways I actually looked at emp as the more proper measure of the server win - because VT is such a glitch farm it felt like a very gay and not epic ending either way. But I have always hated VT- now I’m just getting truly into revisionism and what if ism but I think If I had to do it all again an emp race would have been just right for me

thinking more about what sieger said - to be fair- shards were a rough part of the whole process. I’m pretty sure they had mq2 going the whole time and we just didn’t really have any of that going to properly farm and it put us at a disadvantage.

I’ll actually throw this hot take and say in a fair fight we probably would have won in instances with the force we had - if it had come down to open world (which it did and we lost) would have been close.

Why even bring up that we had a wipe in time on our first push? Have you never wiped on a raid before? We had 72 people going on a minimum of 38 hours of no sleep if they woke up literally at launch but most had been up for 48 hours+, on top of having an average raid level of 62. Also we've bind rushed bertox several times in recent weeks? lol that's news to me. Maybe you are the retard that needs to get your info straight.

Wasn't your excuse for why you didn't beat Amtrak's time that you had to take a break before PoTime?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Wasn't your excuse for why you didn't beat Amtrak's time that you had to take a break before PoTime?

What happened was that people were pushed so hard that when the break finally had to be called (the force was at "wiping to Tallon Zek multiple times with AA glyphs running" levels of fatique) the break ended up being like nine hours or something long. It was long. The first attempt at baphoning the raid force didn't even work and they had to wait another couple hours and try again before everyone actually showed up. This was after several phase one wipes, phase two wipes and one phase three wipe. Going for a nearly unbeatable record was fine but when your force was failing through phase one that was a good time to call uncle.