EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Even has a karen profile pic.

Problem with all their math is that they/them are jumping to some wild conclusions about how many accounts get banned and how many people that get banned don't just roll up new accounts and go back to giving them money. Battered wife syndrome is REAL with EQ.

Fuck they banned my '99 acct and my RAF account in 2015 and not only did I not quit, I've gone from 2-3 active subs to 4-5.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I better start adding up how much money they will lose if they ban me so I can have my message ready.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
“Would be on the level of professional contacts” lmao dude get a therapist

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
right they would only occasionally bother him. imagine the spam the poor dude would get. yeahhh my guildies friends friend got a suspension can you please look into it...

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
To add to the joke of a company dpg is.

I'm trying to do the VP key myself to keep from dropping 12 krono on it. I recorded several instances of people warping like in that video. When I petitioned asking if there was a work around for the ground spawns since they're being monopolized by hackers, I was basically told to go fuck myself and had to complete the quest myself.

So skipping VP this TLP.
Keys havent been selling for 12 krono since day 3 of Kunark unless you are on TB and its compeltely different. An entire key can be bought up for like 6.

Random drops and the 2 quest medallions can be acquired in 2-3 hours depending on rng. Kaesora can take a little luck, which ends up leaving you with swamp that your better off buying. This key quest is a joke compared to past iterations.

• 1Like

Ryoz

<Donor>
I’ve not been an active raider since the live days (PoP - PoR) but we used to have a really solid relationship with the server GMs. I was leading raids during the DoN and DoDH era and I recall on many occasions our GMs messaging me to tell me one of my members was warping around or doing something dodgy and I should probably tell them to knock it off. That was also like 15 years ago and I know the game has gone through multiple owners since then.

• 1Pathetic

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
“Would be on the level of professional contacts” lmao dude get a therapist

1626185501623.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
You should announce that you are going to set the price as a percentage of a krono. This way you keep up with inflation.
I made the mistake of making potions for people on agnarr before....fool me once satan.

Nowadays I just tell people to rat ear a shaman to 25, drop 3k plat on it to make conc pots to 200 and just make their own goddamn potions.

I'm just salty about a batphone going out and then 20 min after the mob is already dead having noobs still asking for teleports to the fight. Just carry a full boatload of gate pots at all time and click them when a batphone goes out. If you are asking for a port then we already lost.

• 2Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Gate potions are made via alchemy, with 3x of something from a vendor that's just under 50p each, so its usually marked around 150p considering for possible fails.
Ah I was talking about instant clicky gate potions. Or can shamans make those now too? Old school city merchants sell 1k insta gate potions, but only ever have 1-2 in stock per patch or server reset. Usually just 1, but some merchants had 2 for some reason.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Someone shared something more on that Karen I posted chat from earlier and, yup, you guessed it, another high drama EQ tranny. What is it about this game and trannies?

Your viewing displeasure
1626191047564.png

Last edited:
  • 2Barf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Can somebody explain the obsession over Boltran's vs. Allure? Boltran's is 155 MORE mana for almost 2/3rds less duration (you can almost cast allure twice for 1 boltran's). All Boltran's gets you are a whopping 2 mob levels.

I had a Shaman sperg out last night in a group because I didn't want to use Boltran's with him being the only healer and me having to hit at least half of the slows, because he was too busy buffing/healing, I guess. Sure, if I have a cleric or double heals with a druid/shaman or something like that? Fine, I'll go big dick. Shit, even give me something like a Paladin for stun/heals and I'm in. But I had already died once to a hasted dragoon because the Shaman was "focused on the tank" when charm broke - color slant was resisted and I got frontal stunned.

I guess I'm just questioning why everybody jerks off over Boltran's when it just seems like an objectively bad spell for what you get. 2 mob levels for almost double the mana and almost 1/3rd the duration? Sure, it casts faster, but color skew/slant lasts long enough that Allure's cast time doesn't really matter that much.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I only use boltrans when theres no lvl 51 pet. People worry too much about having the best DPS/hp pet. But I just find myself buffing/mezzing too much when I am playing my chanter + boxes. It's much easier to just allure a pet and sometimes I won't even haste it lol. The extra DPS on my teams on hasted pet vs non hasted pet isn't big enough.

The times you want boltran are when you are min/maxxing. So, if you're duoing king/queen in royals, you want the goon pet. Or just in general, if you're not boxing a lot of toons, boltrans is faster to cast also.

even an unhasted lvl 51 pet with 1 weapon is pretty good and the risk is basically nothing.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
even an unhasted lvl 51 pet with 1 weapon is pretty good and the risk is basically nothing.
That's exactly what I mean. I had a 49 Legionairre hasted with Anya's and was fine. I'm not going hard without the right classes/support (our tank was 54 and couldn't keep agro for shit, so my mana was trash because I could never sit). Shaman goes, "Are we not doing level 53 pets?" and I said, "I don't feel super comfy with a 53 and Boltran's is kind of a shit spell, tbh". He goes, "Ooooooof. I'm gonna find a new group guys". So I said, "Ok? Bye". And he goes, "I'll just leave right now since you want to be a dick about it." and said "What a shit chanter" as he origined. It was pretty fucking lulz.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure Cabdru guildremoved a chanter because he wouldn't haste his pet in a group lol. At least I caught it after the fact and they were laughing about it on stream.

Anyone charming on a chanter is at least doing more work than 99% of EQ players at raids/groups... I would not be guildremoving those people lol. Too many really bad people in raid that don't really contribute their fair share.

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty sure Cabdru guildremoved a chanter because he wouldn't haste his pet in a group lol. At least I caught it after the fact and they were laughing about it on stream.

Anyone charming on a chanter is at least doing more work than 99% of EQ players at raids/groups... I would not be guildremoving those people lol. Too many really bad people in raid that don't really contribute their fair share.
Sounds like a solid removal to me.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, I can't wait to fucking ditch this class. I only rolled one to help gear/plvl up my Paladin, but groups are ridiculous. "Hey, we're gonna need you to charm, make sure to haste it and recharm the breaks, mez all the shit our shitty puller doesn't split, and keep up clarity/haste buffs. Oh, we might also need you to slow too, because our Shaman has a rough life". Ok, sounds good man, what's the mage gonna do? "Well, he's going to spend 90% of his time afk or watching Netflix". So, he isn't even going to /assist main, /pet attack? "Nah, dude. That's what your charm is for lololol".

• 2Worf

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Fuck Boltran's.

Find the underconned 51 pets and go to town.

I was just in seb, popped into crypt and charmed 2 of the named place holders. Skeletal Dukes are level 51 but underconned and quad for 51's.

Slapped snare whips on each of them and took them to visit the Juggs.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Boltran's is main upgrade is the cast time. You can Tash+Boltran's in a single color stun. You CANNOT tash+allure in a single color stun. Even if you're charming a lower pet you should almost always be using Boltran's.

In some zones the different between a level 51 and 53 pet is pretty insane. In Velks and Epic clicked Tola Robed Hunter will do 300+ DPS a normal 51ish Crystal Spider won't even do 150.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like