EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Quick live question, if I log into an old character without resubbing will it de-equip my character, get rid of AA/spells etc messing up UI? I want to check a couple characters but don't want to make a mess of my set ups as I haven't played in a long time and how I had things set up is my best help to remembering what the frick I'm doing.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Ok, so I have managed to get damn near everything for my mage epic except a handful of items, and... I'm out of krono. I literally spent the last of my krono last night obtaining a Crown of Elemental Mastery.

I am in need of the following:
  • Dirt of Underfoot
  • Rain of Karana
  • Tears of Erollisi
  • Staff of Elemental Mastery: Water
If anyone would care to help a brother out, I would be grateful. That probably doesn't mean much, but hey it's what I got to offer.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Quick live question, if I log into an old character without resubbing will it de-equip my character, get rid of AA/spells etc messing up UI? I want to check a couple characters but don't want to make a mess of my set ups as I haven't played in a long time and how I had things set up is my best help to remembering what the frick I'm doing.
If you don't have the old UI files still your UI will be dorked up, but nothing should change in regards to socials, hotbars etc. Items that require a sub will just not work but stay equipped. You should be fine

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
If you don't have the old UI files still your UI will be dorked up, but nothing should change in regards to socials, hotbars etc. Items that require a sub will just not work but stay equipped. You should be fine
Okay thank you, I kept all my old UI and config files in a folder because getting re set up is the biggest PITA to picking it up again.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I stream it to a 38 inch widescreen so my basic desktop setup looks like this. 1 mouse/keyboard and a bunch of numpads.

Screenshot (106).png
Numpads.JPG

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
No.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
I stream it to a 38 inch widescreen so my basic desktop setup looks like this. 1 mouse/keyboard and a bunch of numpads.

How's the video quality stream? Any lag when moving a character thats not on the host machine? I've used Microsoft's Remote Desktop (same network) but its kinda trash for video quality - and thus movement is almost impossible. The pic alone looks like good quality, but hows it feel?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
My son wants to play EQ which wife and I haven't played in about 4yrs. If we want to play on Mischief and just give him a basic intro to what EQ is, I need a good trio that will let us at least get thru classic stuff. I normally box so never had issue just having whatever I needed, thinking either a caster group (Enchanter,Necro,Mage/wiz) or if we have a tank go SK,Shaman and what ? Thinking Enc still as the third. Trying to avoid doing the 3 mages type route because want him to see a little more of the dynamics than just /pet attack

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My son wants to play EQ which wife and I haven't played in about 4yrs. If we want to play on Mischief and just give him a basic intro to what EQ is, I need a good trio that will let us at least get thru classic stuff. I normally box so never had issue just having whatever I needed, thinking either a caster group (Enchanter,Necro,Mage/wiz) or if we have a tank go SK,Shaman and what ? Thinking Enc still as the third. Trying to avoid doing the 3 mages type route because want him to see a little more of the dynamics than just /pet attack
Bard would be a solid 3rd in the SK/Sham combo. Gives you some pretty solid ADPS and pulls like a monster. Plus, it doesn't lose effectiveness really like an ENC does and eventually becomes an actual DPSer. If you're ONLY doing classic, as in 1-50? Yeah, ENC is probably best.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I'll break down how my setup works.

Going to state this first. DISLCAIMER: It is a HUGE waste of money. I know this is all completely absurd and it is in no way a humblebrag. I thought I was completely done with EQ when I quit on Selo at level 70 but thanks coronavirus lets dive back into this hobby while locked inside for a year. I rather play on live servers where I can use isboxer like the old winEQ program to just swap around to a nice 5 stack with a cleric merc. I do what I do to make my time in game more enjoyable and I can play at my own pace or help friends/family be a more effective unit. A lot of you will think this is dumb and you are correct.

I purchased the 10 client license for Multiplicity when I added my 2nd box on Agnarr for $100 ish.

To make the KVM mode work properly you need everything hardwired. Nothing can be run off wireless. So I bought an asus router that was recommended at the time which has 8 ports.

You can't run your boxes off potato pcs/laptops anymore. Tired of boxes running around in circles? Well if you want KVM to be responsive you need to have a good GPU in those boxes. I am looking at replacing my weakest laptop right now that only has a 1650ti in it because it acts wonky too often. I ended up replacing my refurb stuff with "gaming" laptops. Currently I play off 2 PC's and 4 laptops. I lock the boxes to 1366x768 for resolution which streams MUCH better. Mouselook can work, but its bad, I disable it on the boxes and pilot with my SK on my main desktop. You'll get pretty quick with page up/down again like you're back in 1999 and the home key is your friend to reset perspective.

Sound is disabled on all boxes except for the enchanter and necro laptops that each have their own audio alerts set up for their charm breaks.

None of this will be anywhere as close to as effective as just having isboxer loaded to manage your various toons and playing off 1 machine like a normal human being. I know there are plenty of folks that run off VM's and such or just blatantly run MQ2 etc but my set up doesn't break any of their rules. I do not use any form of keybroadcasting and all my inputs are being done manually.

I think I can play 3 toons at once fairly well and I can make 6 work. When I'm running around by myself lately I've been piloting with SK on the main pc and boxing enchanter, mage, necro, cleric, bard with 2 charm pets. 1 pet if I'm drinking or watching something on netflix. On raids I've been popping in with sk/druid/bard combo which is just fun to zip around the world with.

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Lol, I run half my boxes on 8 year old laptops on 1080p and they are fine. You probably can't do loop-de-loops while running Selo's in a forest, but it's not that hard to manage 99% of the time. Also, EQ is a CPU bound game, not GPU, so it'd do more to upgrade CPU than GPU in most cases.

They could stand to have a little upgrade but hardly up the level of real gaming laptops. I'd rather buy krono or pointless shit like golden armor.