EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
This forum has been a bit too nice the last 24-48 hours.

I love a good dps race and have been around long enough to not get emotional about them anymore, but Epic NPC's intended to be loot locked? No. Check out this piece of trash sitting at the bottom of LOIO trying to snipe people's Xenos. He got a couple of smaller guilds already apparently.

If you need help with Xeno and he is in zone, shoot me a message in game or here and i'll come kill it for you for free so he doesn't.

I'm also opening up Zapan's Bounty Program with Muerder as the first target. For every toon of his you kill, i'm offering 1kr. Screenshots required and posted here. This will run to the end of Velious.

Wanted.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 15 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, three is going to be enough to do most useful normal group stuff. I went to six because I like being able to do raid targets. Usually an era behind but sometimes able to get some in era stuff. I did a Ssra XTC kill in era with one group. It was super painful but fun to say I did it. Easier stuff like Seneschal, Servitor, Lcea, etc, might be more useful on this server, though.
XTC in Luclin with 6? That is super impressive. I mean, I know you gotta summon tank, but it still rampages and procs the debuff on both the rampage and the regular tank. I never would have thought you could do him with 6 in luclin.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
This forum has been a bit too nice the last 24-48 hours.

I love a good dps race and have been around long enough to not get emotional about them anymore, but Epic NPC's intended to be loot locked? No. Check out this piece of trash sitting at the bottom of LOIO trying to snipe people's Xenos. He got a couple of smaller guilds already apparently.

If you need help with Xeno and he is in zone, shoot me a message in game or here and i'll come kill it for you for free so he doesn't.

I'm also opening up Zapan's Bounty Program with Muerder as the first target. For every toon of his you kill, i'm offering 1kr. Screenshots required and posted here. This will run to the end of Velious.

View attachment 362639
Elf Sim is one of the scummiest guilds Ive run into in a while.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, can't decide on a 3 box. Deciding between..

Pal/Bst/Rng
SK/Bst/Zerk
SK/Shm/Zerk
War/Shm/Zerk
Pal/Shm/Zerk

Either way, box has to include a BST(for some reason I find them to be fun as hell) and/or a Zerk(never played one so want this to be the first), just having a hard time finding the best classes to work around one(or both)of those. Obviously I'd use classes in the place of BST/Zerk until they unlock.

• 1Edgelord

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

REGULATORS

MOUNT UP!!

1626464817846.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
SK + beast + ranger sounds pretty fun in Luclin. Just bring someone to heal you for high end content. For smaller content or named killing or shard farming, the SK doesn't really need heals. Just heal potions + mental corruption/lifetaps.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
XTC in Luclin with 6? That is super impressive. I mean, I know you gotta summon tank, but it still rampages and procs the debuff on both the rampage and the regular tank. I never would have thought you could do him with 6 in luclin.

It was a 100 minute fight, if that gives you a clue.

Paladin, bard, cleric, druid, shaman, ranger. Only the paladin was raid geared and it was just before pop. But with all those priests I had a lot of healing and curing. The DPS was absolutely atrocious as a result. I was at least able to stick the ranger in the hallway so that he could avoid the attack debuff.

Keeping the ramp tank bard alive was definitely the hardest part.

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
most of the nerfs do hit casuals and non cheaters the hardest. it's pretty awful when you think about it. definitely.

ever seen a group appear down at juggs when a new pick opens and wonder how they got that charm pet down there? since you know... call of the hero breaks charm now. but warping does not break charm.

and yep the aoe thing is stupid. it benefits the best powerlevelers and cuts out their competition. and casuals now cannot do their own aoe groups. rip...

The pick evacing you also only hurts casuals. I don't know what actual % of eq players on tlp know about the camp trick for picking. I imagine it's actually low even though it's obviously very well known if you're one of us types. but most eq players don't really get themselves involved in the scene that would talk about tricks like that. that type of info spreads very fast in the... whatever club nerds like us are in.

Charm pet.

/pet guard

Walk yourself to the new area. It has to be a certain amount of distance away, which may or may not vary based on the zone pathing. I dunno, just a guess. But it works, just not if you're too close to where the pet was placed on guard.

/pet follow

Pet shows up instantly.

This works with regular pets also.

PS: Yes, cheating is rampant in everquest. So are false accusations by people who just don't know a straight forward but not always obvious thing about the game.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Charm pet.

/pet guard

Walk yourself to the new area. It has to be a certain amount of distance away, which may or may not vary based on the zone pathing. I dunno, just a guess. But it works, just not if you're too close to where the pet was placed on guard.

/pet follow

Pet shows up instantly.

This works with regular pets also.

PS: Just because you don't know about something, doesn't mean the person doing it is cheating.
I am not talking about the legit ones. I am talking about the people who actually warp and bot having charm pets at juggs within 3minutes of the pick being up.

I am not an idiot. I know how pet guard and pet follow works. But, you aren't doing that trick to get a charm pet all the way to juggs with a full spawn up and 5 minutes /uptime of the pick.

I also saw a necro outrun brother Q while running backwards and no bard... Do you want to try to tell me I am missing something there too?

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Your "derp learn the game before you accuse someone of cheating" might work on regular people. But, you can fuck off trying to correct me when I know that pet guard trick and that is not what is going on.

I gave my example and you tried to correct me saying I am an idiot for calling them cheaters. No... they are actually warping to get charm pets. That's really what happens bro.

I know exactly what the fuck I am talking about here.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
SK + beast + ranger sounds pretty fun in Luclin. Just bring someone to heal you for high end content. For smaller content or named killing or shard farming, the SK doesn't really need heals. Just heal potions + mental corruption/lifetaps.
Yeah, I'm kind of starting to lean toward the Rng/Bst as well, but I'm thinking Pal over SK is the better play? Sure, you don't get the ability to FD pull, but you get a ghetto version of that in lull. Plus, res is great for those moments where you fuckup and having ghetto versions of all 3 priest buffs seems nice too. Plus, it might be helpful to have the extra healing power of the Paladin without a priest class present.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
yeah I'm just too used to sk. they are so powerful and fd is so good. I hate self healing on paladin versus sk lifetap. paly would be nicer if their heals did themselves if they have an enemy targeted.

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
Your "derp learn the game before you accuse someone of cheating" might work on regular people. But, you can fuck off trying to correct me when I know that pet guard trick and that is not what is going on.

I gave my example and you tried to correct me saying I am an idiot for calling them cheaters. No... they are actually warping to get charm pets. That's really what happens bro.

I know exactly what the fuck I am talking about here.

You can also fuck off. Let's get into an internet argument about how your post wasn't specific enough, and even with the additional "nuh-uh" clarification you provided still doesn't rule out entirely legitimate scenarios. Do you think it's so hard to park a pet and run down to jugs without agro, especially if you have groupmates with you who can train ahead and leash agro?

it
is
not

• 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure the sk vs paly will be able to do mostly the same stuff. just some preference and the ability to rez is definitely nice. paly lay on hands is also extremely busted.

I'm excited for velious to see how common willsapper is.. will it drop from those super common and shitty level 66 dn named... it's 100% drop rate so as long as vanikis loot is "shared" then it should be willsapper pinata

• 1Like

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
I'm excited for velious to see how common willsapper is.. will it drop from those super common and shitty level 66 dn named... it's 100% drop rate so as long as vanikis loot is "shared" then it should be willsapper pinata

Same here. That was the first thing I thought of when I read the Mischief loot rules.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Yeah, I'm kind of starting to lean toward the Rng/Bst as well, but I'm thinking Pal over SK is the better play? Sure, you don't get the ability to FD pull, but you get a ghetto version of that in lull. Plus, res is great for those moments where you fuckup and having ghetto versions of all 3 priest buffs seems nice too. Plus, it might be helpful to have the extra healing power of the Paladin without a priest class present.

Nah man, the lull spell only goes up to level 55. The next lull spell is like level 86. It's terrible because lull was a huge part of the toolkit in classic/kunark.

DickTrickle

I'm sure the sk vs paly will be able to do mostly the same stuff. just some preference and the ability to rez is definitely nice. paly lay on hands is also extremely busted.

The only other 66 (or close) rare in DN is the spider queen and she's hardly common. Neb is not a rare. Whelp Kidnapper is for an epic quest so also not rare. All the rest are 60 or below so unless the rare spread increases a lot, I wouldn't expect to see Willsapper from anything except Vaniki and Queen.

The real fight will be in Western Wastes since Tantor and Strong Horn are of the right level and easily soloable since they don't summon. At least you can pop DZ picks because I imagine the trains in WW for them will be epic; they both have a good bit of HP so it's not like it's going to be a quick burn.