EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Taunt Pulling def axed on Test. Don't really want to go through the effort of getting chars setup to try to test wall taunting dragons to block AE but i'm gonna assume that one isn't fixed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Taunt Pulling def axed on Test. Don't really want to go through the effort of getting chars setup to try to test wall taunting dragons to block AE but i'm gonna assume that one isn't fixed.
I wonder if this could impact far taunt?

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I wonder if this could impact far taunt?
Someone I speak to who is somewhat knowledgeable on these things think far taunt will be quite dangerous in its current form after this patch. That would be a positive upside for us non botters/MQ2ers.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Taunt also now requires LOS of the target so walling dragons will be harder without some way to prebuild threat.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
This shit doesn't matter for botters. Neither of the two bigger botters on Mischief are far taunting mobs that aren't already in their camp. The G M E botter just has the tanks walk to the mob and pull, the Boomerang botters are far taunting named/PHs in their camps but nothing else.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Taunt also now requires LOS of the target so walling dragons will be harder without some way to prebuild threat.
Oh man, that too? That was a real nice tool in a group to break a difficult area. I'll miss that far more than taunt pulling on an everyday basis.

On one hand, I guess they're trying to curb exploits, but it feels sometimes like the wackiness of EQ is what makes it fun. Putting everything into a box and squeezing it tighter isn't something I'm sure is the best, at least for TLP.

I wonder if CoS pulling will still work after this, too. Guessing probably not.

Guess they intentionally left a lot of details out of the patch.

DickTrickle

This shit doesn't matter for botters. Neither of the two bigger botters on Mischief are far taunting mobs that aren't already in their camp. The G M E botter just has the tanks walk to the mob and pull, the Boomerang botters are far taunting named/PHs in there camps but nothing else.
Yeah, it just kind of boggles my mind that they do this for the 0.01% of players who actually exploit it to the detriment of other players and yet you can see absolutely unrestricted botting at all times on every server. Feel like they're kind of missing the mark there.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If fartaunting gets nerfed the game will be literally unplayable!

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I totally read that as farting.

^ ditto

2eeiqt.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
not sure if this stops far taunting via mq2... that executes a movement packet and then an ability packet - so you'll have the los check cleared (the same plugin allows for far hailing and hailing requires LoS, so thats my assumption.)

there's a mechanic called "call for help" that npcs execute and that only executes if the npc has been attacked or proxy agros someone. an npc who is assisting another npc via a "call for help" does not execute a "call for help" itself. if they did more to taunt besides requiring a los check (as in added taunt as a condition in the "call for help" mechanic) then fartaunt will probably not allow single pulls. however i'm not sure if there's an additional mechanic in the npc assist code for a distance check.

bobby's test on stream yesterday - he taunted an indifferent npc and the indifferent npcs around him agrod. before this fix that taunt pull would have singled the target, now it doesnt. so i'm going to assume they added taunt to the "call for help" mechanic.

there are strange outcomes though when invis is involved. root an npc and his friend agros you - invis as that 2nd npc is coming after you and train that npc around. nothing will assist that npc because the npc you attacked cannot see invis. so if taunt doesn't break invis (not online to test that) then technically even with the above mechanics in place you could still fartaunt and single pull npcs who dont see invis.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
there are strange outcomes though when invis is involved. root an npc and his friend agros you - invis as that 2nd npc is coming after you and train that npc around. nothing will assist that npc because the npc you attacked cannot see invis. so if taunt doesn't break invis (not online to test that) then technically even with the above mechanics in place you could still fartaunt and single pull npcs who dont see invis.
That's not how it would work if you could taunt + invise with the new change.

The root trick works because the call for help is only done on the rooted mob. The 2nd or 3rd mobs are helping that rooted mob. This used to be an old school way to pull chardok king to the zone in. You rooted the guard next to him and then had people open doors for you and you could walk king to the zone in completely solo. All invise does is help you get by mobs that you are KOS to. Switching out taunt for root, the main mob you taunt is still doing his call for help and should chain aggro everything he runs by.

• 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
If this change goes live, it will probably annoy the botters in sirens grotto and on their raids. I imagine most of their raid pulling is done via fartaunt single pulling. And most of their Sirens Grotto crews need to taunt pull in Velious. Till they get AA and gear. Unless they stack more than 2 groups. After they gear/AA, they don't need to taunt pull in SG, but they will probably need to early on.

DickTrickle

Yeah, the proximity aggro thing seems more likely to hurt the bots. I honestly don't think a lot of players ever even used it. The LOS change is more likely to hurt regular players; that seems like more common knowledge. I just wish they were honest about their changes.

• 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Well, wake of tranquility does require line of sight, but the normal pacify don't.

But, can you imagine the bots trying to weave pacify into their scripts. Not a chance. They'll just pack extra toons in the zone to help stop them from wiping, I'm sure.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have to laugh when they "think" they fix mechanics in order to combat MQ and power leveling people. Shit just hurts Jimmy Casual.

That-dog-is-like-put-me-down-heckboi-721x1024.jpg