EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
the hardest one to bring up is the coldain faction and you need that for the shawl. Dont let it get too bad or you'll be killing giants on that fortress for a while.

My guild would pull Dains to the zone line so most people could zone out just for this reason.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mangler was strong until TSS/Mischief/Wow/FXIV this year -- I think that's the first time you could say it was a "dead" server. Was super active during and after PoP, too. Still tons of money to be made. A lot depends on what the next server will be like and when.

Next server either needs to be super charged or a intentional dud to reset expectations. You dont give someone meth and then later tell them all they get is caffeine without any withdrawals.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

playerone

Lord Nagafen Raider
There are a lot of rumors going around that are far more exciting than the truth, so we were tempted to just let them continue. BUT, because we “ruined” the fun on Mischief, we’ll “ruin” the fun here too.

Here are the facts​

• We did deep splits of a few key targets we planned ahead for.
  • We didn’t spend 200-500kr on keys. We spent 160kr total, most 12-15kr and another 3-4 at 20kr each.
  • We aren’t a “splinter guild” of OGC or any other. A few of us never played TLPs before Aradune.
  • We didn’t do it to cut everyone else out or to make krono/RMT. We did it because we enjoy a challenge to be more organized and execute better than some entire guilds. There are 7 humans and we only brought in 19 toons.
  • We didn’t warp down to the dragons. We death ran a monk with the mage corpse + a necro with a backup mage corpse to the bottom.
  • A lot of the dragons/golems we killed in ST dropped nothing at all, Fear 1.0 loot, or gems/spells. There were only a couple that dropped 1.0 loot. We sold off most, and are using what’s left.
  • We’re happy that the loot opened up to the server. We think it’s pretty cool that everyone gets to take advantage of the loot that, regardless of how long the Sleeper was asleep, they wouldn’t have put in the work to get.
While it was a lot of fun, it was a lot of planning and sacrificed fiance/wife/family faction to make it work. Thanks for the entertaining rumors and enjoy that 1.0 loot.

• 3Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Happy Nic Cage GIF by IFC

1629852555526.png

1629852694485.png
1629852762180.png
1629852594897.png

1629852794990.png
1629852843824.png

1629852812937.png

Attachments

• 1629852667070.png
    1629852667070.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 1629852775771.png
    1629852775771.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 1629852791839.png
    1629852791839.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 28

playerone

Lord Nagafen Raider
We hand leveled all of the toons during classic/kunark with the aims of being a general static group (kill yeli/kael/vulak etc.) during velious and realized halfway through kunark we were close to having enough toons to do splits to get most of the keys.

one thing I didn't make clear is that we still had a number of splits that we didn't do because keys were so easy to get, we had a spreadsheet planned out with prebuilt splits and we only completed 10 out of 16 key splits we had

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I already had all of my toons, and had been selling monk epic MQ’s / helping people with their monk epics during Kunark. I did name change all of them to ST Warder names to help maintain anonymity and keep things tight.

And yes, I spent 177kr on the guild sod, and planned on buying a second one from our static for 100kr until we knew whether 1.0 loot would drop or not. Both with my own krono. Iz what it iz.

And I’m genuinely happy that sods are dropping for everyone to enjoy. I think it’s pretty cool what the devs are doing and the effort they’re putting in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Death runs are op, was always confused how rarely I saw guilds using it as a tactic.

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
It will be interesting to see how the loot tables turn out for the bosses leading down to the dragons. Hopefully they aren’t great so you can skip them.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thanks.. for coming here to tell the people of this forum that you "had fun" killing sleeper. Im sure you and your friends boxes had intentions that were completely innocent and had no goals of fucking the rest of the server on 1.0 loot. No intentions of making supply vs demand work in your favor at all. It's not like you guys didnt just pop up out of no where all of a sudden or anything. :rolleyes:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users