EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I think he's asking if two weapons with identical ratios will do the same damage if one is hand to hand and one is 1hb. Actual weapons, not just fists vs weapon

at this point it becomes nuanced like procs etc -- on a pure weapon basis its the same, assuming you have requisite skill ups and no specific weapon bonuses (h2h bonus etc - which does become relevant later on)

on my sk for example in velious i used to use different weapons depending on whom i was fighting. lower AC mobs i did better with tuna blade, while higher AC mobs I did better with vulak axe (proc helped carry)

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Does H2H still have a higher weapon skill cap?

I used to outparse nubs that would have double fists in early velious on some lower AC mobs like yeli with my shitter monk that did blam stick in primary, epic, and open hand secondary. it was rather funny.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The quantity of loot in Velious is honestly insane. It’s hard to see every guild not getting most of their players bis before Luclin at this rate.

I do wish Yelinak wasn’t cucking the T1 tables though.

Sterling

El Presidente
Literal BiS for most people seems like a stretch under almost any ruleset for velious just due to s lot of vulak loot being BiS across all classes. i can't imagine every single raider in a guild having both Vulak and AoW rings for example.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Literal BiS for most people seems like a stretch under almost any ruleset for velious just due to s lot of vulak loot being BiS across all classes. i can't imagine every single raider in a guild having both Vulak and AoW rings for example.
If they fix the Yelinak dz’s I think it could be doable.

M&M which is the largest pure DZ guild could possibly pull 20 T1 kills a week which are dropping 2-4x the loot they’d normally drop.

8 Yelinak
2 Tunare
4 KT
2 Vulak
2 AoW
2 CT

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Maybe Yelinak is on too many tables. But, that's probably deserved seeing as he can be killed with a couple groups and double spawns in a ton of the AoCs.

Maybe him double spawning has something to do with him double dipping into the loot tables? Who knows how many Lord Yelinaks there really are!

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
If they fix the Yelinak dz’s I think it could be doable.

M&M which is the largest pure DZ guild could possibly pull 20 T1 kills a week which are dropping 2-4x the loot they’d normally drop.

Zero shot even if they "fix" Yeli DZ's. So much of the Vulak shit is just way too rare for that. It's completely unrealistic for anyone outside of EQs 1% to get full BiS. The chase tier 1 drops and Doze items gonna be too rare for that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Zero shot even if they "fix" Yeli DZ's. So much of the Vulak shit is just way too rare for that. It's completely unrealistic for anyone outside of EQs 1% to get full BiS. The chase tier 1 drops and Doze items gonna be too rare for that.
this pretty much. There's a lot of technically BiS chase items that aren't worth chasing for most classes. Getting every single member of your guild both AoW and Vulak rings is real, real unlikely for example.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah you guys are right, I wasn’t considering how many of his items are all/all and bis for every class in the game right now.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yay free ez pixels

BUT to be fair - the DND campaign I did had a bit of randomized loot

Sterling

El Presidente
All that said having most players in your guild rocking a couple of vulak items and a couple of doze quest items is pretty wild

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
EQ is not easy to get a full BiS in any expansion. If you do you're pretty much total beast mode against current content. The game is mostly designed around people having hob-gobbled gear assortments.

Sterling

El Presidente
EQ is not easy to get a full BiS in any expansion. If you do you're pretty much total beast mode against current content. The game is mostly designed around people having hob-gobbled gear assortments.
some expansions are easier than others. and TLP is very different than old live eq.

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
Theoretically if I were to start this, how twinked could 5 krono get me as a monk or ranger?