EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
also people don't bother selling 50 plat things very often when there's tons of multi krono items always being bought and sold. Bazaar will help with this in a few weeks though.
yeah man I can't wait for the bazaar.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
So your suggestion is to make it not like EQ at all.
Would you prefer another Agnarr-style server that ends at Velious instead with no random loot and some radical concept like truebox again?

Would rather them innovate on an already amazing game with new concepts and ways to play it.

Solo self found? Group solo self found? Like- anything but another non-random loot progression server, ideally.
No one wants to have that non-random loot again, and Mischief is proof.

Personally I'd like to see these custom ideas in one server (or multiple down the line)

-Major game-altering gimmick like random loot, custom content/custom early-game expansions. Or - extend random loot to quests (excluding epics) and shuffle the NPCs that reward items each server, and extend quest drops to the random loot pool (and take out loot from NPCs accordingly that are quest-only.)
-Another minor gimmick, like beastlords/berserkers enabled day 1, or personal loot.
-Group or Solo Self Found rulesets - think Iron Man or Group Iron Man from RuneScape.
-2 Month expansion cycle (PoP/LDON/LoY considered one 2-month period)
-Bazaar enabled in EC Tunnel with remote purchasing from Rain of Fear enabled
-Autoskill (kick/taunt) enabled at level 10
-Truebox for 2 characters, instead of only 1 per PC. XP bonus when you group with an account that is not linked to your PC historically in any way.
-Extended targets enabled from level 1

They're really easy things that can make the gameplay experience more enjoyable, don't interfere with profits, and are honestly within the realm of possibility

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
No one wants to have that again
Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

I'll likely never play another TLP without it. I've seen the light. I'm fine with other cool shit being included, but I just never realized how much random loot opens up EQ and "the meta".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

I'll likely never play another TLP without it. I've seen the light. I'm fine with other cool shit being included, but I just never realized how much random loot opens up EQ and "the meta".
No, I meant you can't play the server without random loot/free trade enabled. Mischief was (is still) amazing. Need more innovations like that.

Edited post.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Even Mischief has gotten boring though.

Completely agree, and the snails pace in which TLPs play out has a big impact on how quickly EQLive devs can iterate on content.

I think truebox TLPs should:

- Start in Kunark, end after LDoN. All expansions are a 2-month unlock, with the exception of PoP, which combines LoY/LDoN as a single unlock 30 days into PoP.
- Have a 3-month grace period where the server votes to continue on with content or not, sending emails to all accounts that have played previously on the server.
- Use that data to determine if TLPs are worth continuing with after LDoN in terms of cost efficiency and player satisfaction.
- Offer a transfer into some standard server transfer pool for 'claiming' your old characters that lasts for another 3 months, to handle the 'merging old servers' issue (if data shows closing servers is a better option) - characters remaining after that period are deleted and are not recoverable by CSRs.
- Add agents of change to standard servers so players can continue progression at their own pace (MOTM enabled for all legacy instanced zones that use MOTM), freeing up development time for new TLP ideas.

None of this crap about going past GoD with players who don't want it. Live servers exist for that reason, they just don't have the ruleset that lets players play like they would on a TLP.
The game was awful for a majority of legacy players during GoD+ and it's a waste of resources to support a server that's in Prophecy of Ro for more than a week.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
-Another minor gimmick, like beastlords/berserkers enabled day 1, or personal loot.
DPG has talked about this and while there aren't any "limitations" to adding this, their concern is over gear (not being enough to outfit those classes). I think their fear is misguided, but that's their "stance" for now.

I'd really like to see 2 month unlocks regardless of level cap increases (and roll PoP/LoY/LDoN into one, 3 month cycle), Luclin start, and removal of TrueBox (I'd be willing to compromise and have it removed on GoD release). Add all that to random/free-trade and I'd play for years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Would you prefer another Agnarr-style server that ends at Velious instead with no random loot and some radical concept like truebox again?

Would rather them innovate on an already amazing game with new concepts and ways to play it.

Solo self found? Group solo self found? Like- anything but another non-random loot progression server, ideally.
No one wants to have that non-random loot again, and Mischief is proof.

Personally I'd like to see these custom ideas in one server (or multiple down the line)

-Major game-altering gimmick like random loot, custom content/custom early-game expansions. Or - extend random loot to quests (excluding epics) and shuffle the NPCs that reward items each server, and extend quest drops to the random loot pool (and take out loot from NPCs accordingly that are quest-only.)
-Group or Solo Self Found rulesets - think Iron Man or Group Iron Man from RuneScape.
-2 Month expansion cycle (PoP/LDON/LoY considered one 2-month period)
-Bazaar enabled in EC Tunnel with remote purchasing from Rain of Fear enabled
-Autoskill (kick/taunt) enabled at level 10
-Truebox for 2 characters, instead of only 1 per PC. XP bonus when you group with an account that is not linked to your PC historically in any way.
-Extended targets enabled from level 1

They're really easy things that can make the gameplay experience more enjoyable, don't interfere with profits, and are honestly within the realm of possibility
What do you even care? You couldn't make it past one month of classic because people didn't want to do an ad hoc raid and you're going to be able to deal with all of that?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Mischief has def redefined how I look at TLPs, it’s far more fun than previous servers.

After playing Mischief I think my ideal server is as follows:

Mischief Loot (randomized+fv)
Non-Truebox (unlimited boxing on one PC)
No OW raid content
4-6 weeks per expansion
PoP/LoY/LDoN combined as one 6 week era.
Classic Launch
Double flagging for expansions after PoR.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
They're never gonna do a non-truebox TLP again. Despite what a handful of forum warriors and RMTers say almost nobody wants that shit. If you wanted that shit Rizlona was your last chance and you blew it.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mischief has def redefined how I look at TLPs, it’s far more fun than previous servers.

No OW raid content
4-6 weeks per expansion
Classic Launch
Id come back to TLPs for this. Its really a must to combine PoP/LoY/LDoN for any future TLP. Half a year of that bullshit is so ridiculous

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I'm still enjoying Mischief.

I do think the expansion unlocks are way too long. With the amount of loot you get per raid boss I'd be completely fine with 1 month unlocks for everything. My main complaint with Selo was that it was too much raiding with half lockouts but that could be solved with double loot. Mischief basically took care of the loot quantity issue. Now the 2nd month of velious and half the raid force doesn't log on. Keep these expansions short and sweet. Folks can fire up the AoC if they want to keep doing older content.

Push the level 70 content into 1 expansion. Remove true box at level 70.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

No OW raid content
4-6 weeks per expansion
Classic Launch
Why no OW content?