EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Meh I couldn't care less what they do on the "next" TLP. I fucking sick of starting over.

I say just play out Mischief to Live, and call it a day.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Beastlords and Berzerkers at launch with them added to a variety of Sky class quests. Beastlords can totally share the 41% haste belt and wu fist with Monks and we'll put Berzerker on some of the Rogue and Ranger shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
What do you even care? You couldn't make it past one month of classic because people didn't want to do an ad hoc raid and you're going to be able to deal with all of that?
Why do you even care what I use my time for? I had my fun. My opinion is still valid and logical regardless of my time spent in a game with a specific group of players.

I quit playing because I had an actual job to do, and the game was taking too much of my time.
If you weren't paying attention, everyone in that guild with a few exceptions were too serious for me; the guild was allergic to fun, and I play games for fun, not Taco Bell money.

I had more fun causing drama and trouble in that guild than I did with my actual gameplay.
I was later justified when Zaide broke off with Ravanta and made his own guild instead.

Last edited:
  • 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
You guild doesn't get any of it anyway, so why do you care?

Who

cares.

Instanced content means you have a set benchmark for progression - ie; number of players to complete content.

Daybreak should put Phinny at something like 12 players, Nagafen/Vox at 24. OW content only exists to serve people who want to zerg poor, defenseless raid targets for loot with zero effort.

You don't have to worry about waking up on a Wednesday before work to kill Lady Vox, everyone gets the same target, and historically since Agnarr there's only one guild that gets a majority of the servers' lifetime. It doesn't serve the same purpose in 2021 that it did in 2001 with instancing available. That's also a big plus.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You don't have to worry about waking up on a Wednesday before work to kill Lady Vox

Faceless doesn't have to worry about that now?..

Hell, I don't go to 90% of the open world raids...

It reeks of "We can't do it, so others that can shouldn't be able to"

It's fucking pathetic.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Why do you even care what I use my time for? I had my fun. My opinion is still valid and logical regardless of my time spent in a game with a specific group of players.

I quit playing because I had an actual job to do, and the game was taking too much of my time.
If you weren't paying attention, everyone in that guild with a few exceptions were too serious for me; the guild was allergic to fun, and I play games for fun, not Taco Bell money.

I had more fun causing drama and trouble in that guild than I did with my actual gameplay.
I was later justified when Zaide broke off with Ravanta and made his own guild instead.
That is such revisionist history. Let's not pretend you were causing drama for fun -- you couldn't help causing drama because it was innate to you and you can't help being a drama queen. I mean, how many times did you try to get people kicked or try to get Zaide to defend you? No one was the daily drama magnet like you.

Also, rage quitting because someone didn't want to kill... what was it, Innoruuk? sounds like someone taking the game too seriously. I'm sure you had your RL reasons, but you were far from just being the mischievous jokester.

• 1Moron

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Why no OW content?
I wouldn’t really want to play on a server with valuable OW raids and mass boxing especially with MQNext being so readily available on TLPs now.

I know Rizlona people say their server has been awesome and low drama but I’d bet it was an outlier and future free box servers will have the normal cesspool especially if they aren’t launched side by side with a true box variant.

Just thinking back on dudes on LJ who legit boxed over 100 characters and now all the tools and techniques that allowed that are better and provide more power to that type of player.

If it’s all in DZs though who cares?

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I guess that's fair enough...

Just as easy to say "If you have DZs tho, who cares?".

Beyond that, if open world raids attract 100 box crews, seems like they are begging for a ban.

Or am I wrong in thinking they only tend to issues after massive petitions?

Because 100 boxes beating a guild of humans is going to get a huge wave of petitions, forum posts, etc

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Beyond that, if open world raids attract 100 box crews, seems like they are begging for a ban.

Because 100 boxes beating a guild of humans is going to get a huge wave of petitions, forum posts, etc
LOL dudes on Mischief got caught duping hundreds of thousands of plat and only caught temp bans. DPG gives 0 fucks about that shit.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Remember when some dude boxing 50+ did KT on Aradune; a server with “enhanced customer service” and a two box limit on top of true box?

He didn’t get suspended I think but the dude who trained him did lmao.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Elf necromancers! Gnome monks!
malakimonk.PNG

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The plat dupe guys only got a suspension?..

And no, didn't hear about that boxer doing KT...

This is why we can't have nice things.

Should have banned everything the play dupe guy ever touched, and all 50+ boxes in that KT.

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
Remember when some dude boxing 50+ did KT on Aradune; a server with “enhanced customer service” and a two box limit on top of true box?

He didn’t get suspended I think but the dude who trained him did lmao.
And that mans name was Oliver Cromwell (I think), the hero of Aradune!

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
How did the plat dupe work? I don’t even play but I was still curious.
Lol reminds me of those rumors of the secret banker in ?Befallen was it? back in like 2001?! I seem to recall some dude spamming every EQ board with that story

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There were ways to abuse the character transfer system (put shit in trade, activate transfer, complete trade, transfer back), people free transferring to a live server and coming back with a zillion plat and the shared bank had rollback resistance so if you put shit in there right before they rolled the servers back you'd get two sets of the equipment. I don't know what the current one was if it existed.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rizlona benefited from a couple of things that reduced the drama a lot. First is Aradune. Everyone who creates drama went there basically. Second is AoCs. Even though there was some OW contention it was mostly between big boxers themselves. No one was ever denied access or progression due to AoCs. Third was there just isn't the ego here. No one cares much about who is top dog. Everyone completes their content and gears their characters. Fourth is that everyone is on a level playing field. No one is gaining advantages by being "in the know" with software. We all have it.

This has resulted in the best TLP experience I've ever had.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users