EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Bro aren’t you in GiG?

That's not Mort. That guy is in a guild called like Hoosker Doos or something like that.

To answer his question GiG is still killing 95% of the open world T1 and T2 targets. It is however Luclin where you spend 90% of your time in VT.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm not actually, I am in a guild called Hoosker Doos which is made up primarily of many current/former members of Triton and is quite small (max we have in raid nights is 15 people including boxes).

I only ask because I have a theory that can probably be discarded or perhaps substantiated. I'll just lend out my theory which comes from more anecdotal observation then "inside information" but here it goes.

My theory is a little over a week ago a ton of Greed is Good cashed out all their plat/gear for krono in preparation for next TLP/whatever. I can only imagine a combination of the keying with no longer really being able to scalp people on prices of high end loot because of the bazaar made a lot of people begin to lose interest. Perhaps some DPS race losses against The Faceless was the tipping point and many people had enough and after the 44M in plat was distributed amongst the guild on 10/25 - many people went to the bazaar to cash out. This mass cash out caused krono prices to go from 40K to 110K in just 3 days.

Whatever the cause I figured 10 days after the fact the market would at least get somewhat back to normal. For a week now krono prices have been almost completely stable hovering around 90k consistently. The spike of course caused many of the top end Luclin items up for sale to be bought or taken down (I admit myself liquiding some krono to a barterer at 110k to buy a couple pieces I was saving for). Despite krono prices stabilizing, and there being much more time to farm top end Luclin raid mobs, prices of top end raid items are still 2-3x what they were the first 2 weeks of Luclin and the availability of the top end items is literally 4-5 times less than what were consistently up for sale in the first 2 weeks of Luclin.

For me this is all indicative of a fallout in Greed is Good. You still have a handful of Frank's crew selling items for 500k-1Mpp, but the prior flood of raid items you would regularly see the market filled with at competitive prices no longer exists.

lol

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
That's not Mort. That guy is in a guild called like Hoosker Doos or something like that.

To answer his question GiG is still killing 95% of the open world T1 and T2 targets. It is however Luclin where you spend 90% of your time in VT.
If that's the case, maybe my initial assumption was wrong - or maybe it was just some very specific players in Greed is Good that regularly reaped profits off of items they GDKP bid on and regularly sold at higher prices.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, you're way off man. One of the big resellers was removed and another seems not to be playing much, but the guild is, by and large, the same as it was a couple weeks ago.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not actually, I am in a guild called Hoosker Doos which is made up primarily of many current/former members of Triton and is quite small (max we have in raid nights is 15 people including boxes).

I only ask because I have a theory that can probably be discarded or perhaps substantiated. I'll just lend out my theory which comes from more anecdotal observation then "inside information" but here it goes.

My theory is a little over a week ago a ton of Greed is Good cashed out all their plat/gear for krono in preparation for next TLP/whatever. I can only imagine a combination of the keying with no longer really being able to scalp people on prices of high end loot because of the bazaar made a lot of people begin to lose interest. Perhaps some DPS race losses against The Faceless was the tipping point and many people had enough and after the 44M in plat was distributed amongst the guild on 10/25 - many people went to the bazaar to cash out. This mass cash out caused krono prices to go from 40K to 110K in just 3 days.

Whatever the cause I figured 10 days after the fact the market would at least get somewhat back to normal. For a week now krono prices have been almost completely stable hovering around 90k consistently. The spike of course caused many of the top end Luclin items up for sale to be bought or taken down (I admit myself liquiding some krono to a barterer at 110k to buy a couple pieces I was saving for). Despite krono prices stabilizing, and there being much more time to farm top end Luclin raid mobs, prices of top end raid items are still 2-3x what they were the first 2 weeks of Luclin and the availability of the top end items is literally 4-5 times less than what were consistently up for sale in the first 2 weeks of Luclin.

For me this is all indicative of a fallout in Greed is Good. You still have a handful of Frank's crew selling items for 500k-1Mpp, but the prior flood of raid items you would regularly see the market filled with at competitive prices no longer exists.
WHO CARES? The real question is where's Bobby.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
With FF14 delayed and our WoW guild taking a break until further notice, i’m thinking about playing EQ for the next couple months to just kick around but have no idea where to even begin.

The most fun I had since release was raiding with Faceless on Agnarr but assuming Agnarr is a ghost town.

What server is most active? The random loot server? Are any of the free servers worth it?

I’m guessing Live is a cluster and I honestly would like to stay away from most of the population being boxers and/or mercs.

Anything have a decent lowbie population?

Wish there was a fresh TLP for the holidays.

Last edited:

Louis

Trakanon Raider
With FF14 delayed and our WoW guild taking a break until further notice, i’m thinking about playing EQ for the next couple months to just kick around but have no idea where to even begin.

The most fun I had since release was raiding with Faceless on Agnarr but assuming Agnarr is a ghost town.

What server is most active? The random loot server? Are any of the free servers worth it?

I’m guessing Live is a cluster and I honestly would like to stay away from most of the population being boxers and/or mercs.

Mischief is where it's at and nothing else comes close.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider

Just be aware that PoP comes out in a month. Some are excited about it. Do you like PoP?

The next unlock on Mischief/Thornblade after PoP is....LDoN on March 2nd, and GoD on March 30th.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just be aware that PoP comes out in a month. Some are excited about it. Do you like PoP?

The next unlock on Mischief/Thornblade after PoP is....LDoN on March 2nd, and GoD on March 30th.

I love pop but 3 1/2 months of it on this server people are going to get bored.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

PoP is my favorite expansion actually.... not sure if that' a popular or unpopular opinion anymore but that's actually a plus for me.

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
I love pop but 3 1/2 months of it on this server people are going to get bored.

Aye. It's a great expansion with a lot of fun content, but if you don't pace yourself on it, with the loot rules on this server a person will likely have their entire box crew bis, maxed on aa, and with nothing to do for a long time until the next unlock...

which is ldon

People are going to disappear and just never come back.

• 1Seriously?

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Time to raid with Faceless again but now on Mischief.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Fuck Ldon.

Just nope.

It's maybe slightly possibly more interesting with the loot changes. One LDoN raid is going to yield what, 8-12 augments and you can run a shit ton of those dreadful things? The group content might even be alright. Might.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I have never liked LDON. To me that's when thing slowly went to down hill and then the game jumped off the cliff around OoW.

Disgusted The Golden Girls GIF

• 1Like