EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't get me wrong. I think a Mangler clone will be "less" successful than Mischief/Thornblade was. The consensus for a while now has been almost any ruleset released next (assumption its not free trade) would be a massive dud. My comment was basically asserting that I think the next server wont be as bad of a dud as most of us including me thought a few months ago.

There are multiple reasons for this but the main reason is just tracking active population. Less people are playing on Mischief and Thornblade combined today than were on Mangler at a comparable time. I think this is primarily because of how easy loot is to get. A casual player can get bis or close to it much quicker on these servers and many of those take a break or play less until the next expansion or just dont return.

If you feed a man a steak once a week he will always crave more. If you feed him steak 3 times a day he will eventually get tired of it. This server is in loot overload and while it does feel good at first each cycle it feels less and less and casuals generally will get their fill sooner and just stop playing sooner than normal or less than normal.
New world.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I only join xp groups now when I get invited to a deep aoe group. Thankfully I get them fairly often as a cleric / monk. The idea of sitting in GE without an xp bonus is painful.

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
Capture.PNG

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think maybe an everything is no drop server might be something interesting right after an everything is tradeable server.

Random loot seems like how loot should have been handled honestly so i wouldnt mind that sticking around.

It has its drawbacks but perhaps the xp would need to be higher to compensate for the longer progression for new characters/alts.

You can always get raid drops to leap ahead but the entire krono/plat/ec tunnel/bazaar market would be destroyed which might not be so bad for some people.

Might be too hard though for the player base after such an easy server to get gear on.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think maybe an everything is no drop server might be something interesting right after an everything is tradeable server.

Random loot seems like how loot should have been handled honestly so i wouldnt mind that sticking around.

It has its drawbacks but perhaps the xp would need to be higher to compensate for the longer progression for new characters/alts.

You can always get raid drops to leap ahead but the entire krono/plat/ec tunnel/bazaar market would be destroyed which might not be so bad for some people.

Might be too hard though for the player base after such an easy server to get gear on.

How about free trade but every item is attunable. Meaning once you put it on it turns into no trade.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Its not over, they are still buying 80+ krono every day. Prices are only somewhat stable because of the large amounts of krono. Towards the last 3-4 weeks of the expansion krono starts to dwindle and as they buy up more the prices are going to skyrocket again. I fully expect krono to be 250k per by PoP.

Also keep in mind this person did not buy ANY krono from Oct 30th to Nov 4th for some reason.

I had a trader up selling kronos for 500k and none of them sold. ...I think it was around that same six-day span. See also my recent luck in the crypto thread

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, AA farming was always rough in Luclin, even back "in the day". I think I entered PoP with like 40 or 50aas max back on my mage on EMarr. Not only are the zones boring (Velks is old as shit by this point and Grieg's is literally the WoW meme of "hallway, boss, hallway" personified), but most of the "good" spots only support 1 group max. Inner AC? 1 group. IC/OC? 1 group. Gate? 1 group. And if more than 1 group tries to push into those areas, it makes already slow AA exp slower.

PoP alleviates a ton of that. Not only because the ZEMs are better, but also higher level mobs, more zones to farm, etc. I'm actually MOST looking forward to LDoN. I know it's an expansion most people hate and it isn't the greatest for farming AA, but I really love having my own "instance" to take my box crew, especially since you can do it for a massive level range.

Yeah I'm also looking forward to LDoN for that reason. Also really looking forward to GoD+. I've done SoL+PoP to death.

I need to find a couple of inexpensive laptops so I can box and grind AAs when I get back to this. Used to have 4 of 'em. Two got old and stopped working, one I gave to a bedridden relative. So now I've got one. This one's the powerhouse for raiding, two inexpensive side-boxes for grinding would be sufficient. I'll take any suggestions.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
1636657014065.png

Some people were bullshitting in General about the "best" 3 box classes and this dude messaged me, asking if I had any advice on what the best box crew was throughout the eras.

Well, as you can see from above, this Zaide Zaide dude is a real fucker! Total shitbag Kronolord! I tried playing stupid, but it's clear DPG needs to ban this RMTer.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I can't speak to aradune, but the gdkp stuff is super transparent on mischief in GiG. I can understand not liking the system since it's not a closed loop like DKP but it's hardly ripping anybody off. Sounds like that dude doesn't know zaide hasn't been with the guild for months, too.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't speak to aradune, but the gdkp stuff is super transparent on mischief in GiG. I can understand not liking the system since it's not a closed loop like DKP but it's hardly ripping anybody off. Sounds like that dude doesn't know zaide hasn't been with the guild for months, too.
I honestly don't care, it's just pixels on a screen to me. Almost 23 year old pixels at that. I just thought it was hilarious. I tried getting more out of him, but that was the extent of the rant :( .

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user