EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, some people think it's going to give them everything in the world. I don't think it will really matter much to me, a TLP player.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What would you want out of x64 client that you don't have now? Outside of performance improvements.

I think it will allow for more race/class combos. For a future TLP they could have more race class combos and make loot all/all.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Honestly, I just want commas on the currency and a higher currency cap for the bazaar.

Outside of x64, I'd be happy if they increased the stacking cap on non trade skill items to 1,000.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I’d trade 64bit for Old Freeport and classic skeleton illusion on AoNs and Necromancer pets.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oh hell yeah man I forgot how great it was seeing the old spell effects actually trailing from your hands.

And then as you got higher and higher level the effects were even bigger and more sparkly until you had a fucking river of power erupting from your hands. Those small touches really make a difference.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
What would you want out of x64 client that you don't have now? Outside of performance improvements.
There won't even really be noticeable if they're even apparent.

64-bit won't add anything that you don't already have. It is just there to prevent out of memory crashes from DX9 texture allocation, as they mentioned in the blogpost.
Oh, and it might stop MQNext from working for a week while a 64-bit MQNext is made.

Players hyped that shit up to be something it's not. Annoying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There won't even really be noticeable if they're even apparent.

64-bit won't add anything that you don't already have. It is just there to prevent out of memory crashes from DX9 texture allocation, as they mentioned in the blogpost.
Oh, and it might stop MQNext from working for a week while a 64-bit MQNext is made.

Players hyped that shit up to be something it's not. Annoying.
Should mean larger zones with more potential textures as well, right?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Should mean larger zones with more potential textures as well, right?
Yes, but more doesn't always better. Especially in EQ's case where old or luclin models look out of place compared to the high fidelity zones they're producing.

Also, with their rendering engine, more fidelity means longer load times.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Still selling dank mqnext with warp for mischief. 100% undetectable!

• 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A man with your vast resources isn't giving this away for free to board homies for Xmas ?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yes, but more doesn't always better. Especially in EQ's case where old or luclin models look out of place compared to the high fidelity zones they're producing.

Also, with their rendering engine, more fidelity means longer load times.
I still can't figure out why they aren't doing high-fidelity character models. I'm assuming it's just too much work to animate with all the different armors, weapons, etc.?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I still can't figure out why they aren't doing high-fidelity character models. I'm assuming it's just too much work to animate with all the different armors, weapons, etc.?
They've tried a couple times. The results were not good. I think the internet was quite cruel about it.

I've thought about doing it myself. My approach would be to use the old models as concept art and a rough trace outline for size and proportion. Then use the old animations, they are pretty good.

One experiment I wanted to try was retargeting old anims on luclin models. Just kind of curious how it would look. I haven't written any robust retargeting stuff (other than some crappy kinect mostly manual junx) so I'd just bring it into unity for that.

Another bit of work would be rethinking some of the armor textures for good tinting and getting any translucent bits sorting properly.

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I love that we call them old and new models when the “new” ones are 20 years old.

• 3Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Referring to them as new and old?

Strange. I only know about EQ models and a setting that changes them to turbo faggotry.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity