EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Apparently double Quarm is possible... I'm thinking this patch didn't actually restrict things in the way Ngreth intended because he specifically said it would not be possible to get double Quarm.

"Ngreth — Today at 11:16 AM: close enough. Mobs only have ONE value. So if Quarm is 2000 and he rolls himself he is also done. because that is 2000"

and

1642652726198.png

Classic darkpaw development! Cowboy coding and no testing.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
lol I don't understand how random quest reward would work. Wouldn't people just spam red wines or something similar?

You'd flag iconic quest rewards (Jboots, Shield of Life, etc) with the appropriate tier/bucket similar to how they're done now with Mischief drops (level range buckets)
You might have to go out in the world and find out which quests give which rewards as opposed to just knowing where everything is.

I can imagine that could go a step further and you could intermingle notable quest rewards with notable boss drops.

Obviously epics wouldn't apply here.

For example, completing Shield of Life might give you Quillmane's cloak, and Shield of Life might drop off Executioner in Guk. That sort of thing would be possible.
You could even take it a step further and randomize those drops every x days to keep it fresh.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We did three full Time clears tonight over 250+ items and no mob that rolled Quarm rolled multiple loot tables.

3Quarm.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You'd flag iconic quest rewards (Jboots, Shield of Life, etc) with the appropriate tier/bucket similar to how they're done now with Mischief drops (level range buckets)
You might have to go out in the world and find out which quests give which rewards as opposed to just knowing where everything is.

I can imagine that could go a step further and you could intermingle notable quest rewards with notable boss drops.

Obviously epics wouldn't apply here.

For example, completing Shield of Life might give you Quillmane's cloak, and Shield of Life might drop off Executioner in Guk. That sort of thing would be possible.
You could even take it a step further and randomize those drops every x days to keep it fresh.
Might interest some people, but I cant say that interests me in the slightest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

I think that'd go down worse than Miragul, except that most people don't give a shit about quests in the first place. How many do people do outside of epics in classic through pop? Not many and plenty of those are time consuming... I don't think people would accept it like they accept a bad mob roll.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Do you mean multiple loot tables of any kind or multiple Quarm loot tables?
Multiple Quarm tables. Overall loot doesn’t seem super nerfed but I do miss the days of Velious when you’d roll like 2x Vulak, 1x AoW, 1x Tunare off of a Yelinak kill.

• 3Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I dunno why they would nerf that...

It was the best high, killing something and getting a giant pile of amazing loot.

Not like it happened all the time.

And everyone will quit anyway in the next few expansions, or for the new tlp.

Le sigh

• 3Like

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
i'd imagine the amount of work that has to go to mischief on balancing loot tables for it's existence will turn them away from future ideas like this. it's obvious they dont even have enough time to test all loot tables for the raid monsters. they rely somehow on the conning system (not the color, the shit about taking an army to defeat etc). it probably started as a quick idea in a meeting about "yea that'll be easy to randomize the loot we have these certain flags we can look at"... but it's been balanced after every single expansion's launch - imo they don't want that kind of baby sitting for the entire lifespan of mischief.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
i'd imagine the amount of work that has to go to mischief on balancing loot tables for it's existence will turn them away from future ideas like this. it's obvious they dont even have enough time to test all loot tables for the raid monsters. they rely somehow on the conning system (not the color, the shit about taking an army to defeat etc). it probably started as a quick idea in a meeting about "yea that'll be easy to randomize the loot we have these certain flags we can look at"... but it's been balanced after every single expansion's launch - imo they don't want that kind of baby sitting for the entire lifespan of mischief.
Honestly it was mostly fine outside of super fast respawning shit like golems, PoG minis, Mujaki, etc. Like usual, the Kronolords and crybaby "purists" whined on the forums and keep trying to homogenize shit as much as possible. I LOVED the fact that "Mischief" wasn't necessarily just a "random" server, but more like a "chaos" server. But, everyone wants to "tier" shit and compartmentalize everything on a 23 year old game. SAD!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

I think PoP will prove to be the pinnacle of this ruleset, for at least some time to come, simply because of how many targets there are to kill and how much can be killed with a group or two. GoD will have some of that as well, but as you get into OoW and DoN, the opportunity for most groups to kill worthwhile targets will lessen considerably, both due to lack of content and lack of instancing. There's a lot less content and so it seems unlikely Ngreth will just put what is there into one big bucket. Maybe DoDH and PoR will bring it back up some potentially but it still won't compare to PoP.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they would package DoN with OoW and put both expansions loot in the same bucket that would be cool, imo. As it is OoW by itself just does not have enough content to keep people sane for three months, and neither does DoN really even though its shorter. DoN also has more smaller scale raids beyond just doing vish and Yar Lir that could benefit from sharing loot with other encounters.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do the LOY zones like Dulak's and Gunthak have a high ZEM or something? Surprised to see people advertising for groups there so frequently.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Do the LOY zones like Dulak's and Gunthak have a high ZEM or something? Surprised to see people advertising for groups there so frequently.
They're easier to kill iirc. Dulak mobs are wet noodle hitters too.

Plus gems + cash items.

DickTrickle

I don't know about their ZEMs but it's good mob density, mobs aren't too hard, and good plat drops. Just a good place to grind for people of all gear levels.