EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Any LDoN stories? Are the raids just shitting out piles upon piles of augments?
LDoN raid chests be like...

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 402112

See you and everyone else totally for real done with eq on the next tlp!
As soon as it isn't freaking freezing outside, I will definitely be riding. How much longer until Spring lol.

Like I said in my post, I'm not gone for good. I still play a little from time to time. I'm just not putting much in to it right now. I burned out, and it worries me that I am burning out faster with each new TLP.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's not that I'm burned out. ELDEN RING IS SO GOOOOD!

I'll still do the twice weekly raids and pre-bank my 130 AA for GoD prep. LDoN augs drop increase was a much-needed touch.

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
from the patch notes:
"Added commas to the display of prices in the Barter and Buyer windows."
Only took 20 years!

Ryoz

<Donor>
Saying goodbye to my time on this server. This was my first experience on a TLP and overall it was pretty good. I had no trouble getting groups while I leveled during Classic/Kunark and had many active guilds available to choose from when I was raid ready at the start of Velious. I thought I'd go longer and see more content, but that won't happen due to some minor burnout and schedule/family aggro. Met some really good and really fucking terrible players. Drama was alive and well. So was hacking/duping. Overall, it felt just like EQ. Smell ya on the next TLP.

1647204879559.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Never played a berserker before so im gonna fuck around when GoD drops here, what would be some good twink weps on here with all the dropable shit?
i assume just a fast 2h for 1-20 then ?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Ornate Greatblade is the best early one. I believe it's the fastest reasonable 2her. I think there's a lance out of PoFire that's super fast as well but rec level.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Never played a berserker before so im gonna fuck around when GoD drops here, what would be some good twink weps on here with all the dropable shit?
i assume just a fast 2h for 1-20 then ?

Reaver comes to mind as a level 1 usable weapon with a 1:1 ratio. When I returned to EQ in 2017 as a zerker, that's what I used from level 1 on Phinny. A faster 2H makes more sense for level 1-20 (until the damage cap eases) but you fly through those levels fast anyway. Could look for an 11 damage 28 delay type weap for the early levels, then switch to the Reaver at 20. It absolutely wrecks things from like 20-50. After that you'll want to find a level-required upgrade, there are some good weaps with low 50's as the required level.

Course, Mischief being its own beast, there are probably better weapons you can employ there. I'm just going by what I know works well from level 1 on up.

Tacvi axe is BIS for GoD but likely 65 required, def go for that if you want to do numbers. Zerkers don't really git gud until level 70 and the epic 2.0, but getting there is fun too.

In short:
Low delay weap till 20, Reaver till 50, look for something with a better ratio post-50, Tacvi axe at 65, get epic 1.0 done in your downtime and preloot as much as you can for the others, and get 2.0 asap in OOW. It's a huge power jump, and you may want to offload the Tacvi axe while it's still fetching a good price.

Also, a PSA for zerkers: Be sure to get Ancient: Cry of Chaos in-era in GoD. It's the best/rarest version of Warcry, never gets an upgrade post-GoD, and is harder to get out of era. Unless they added it to PoK vendors which I don't think ever happened. So unless you want to be stuck with suboptimal Warcry forever, get that done inside of GoD era.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Why would it be hard to get out of era? You can easily do zoo with a single group at level 70. It only gets easier to do out of era...

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Why would it be hard to get out of era? You can easily do zoo with a single group at level 70. It only gets easier to do out of era...

Does Zoo drop it? I thought it required Ikkinz+ instances.

Regardless, I got it in era myself, but I remember seeing several zerkers over the next few expansions who didn't have it and couldn't get help to go back and redo the raids.

Much easier to just get it done while everybody is splitting those raids anyway.

DickTrickle

Does Zoo drop it? I thought it required Ikkinz+ instances.

Regardless, I got it in era myself, but I remember seeing several zerkers over the next few expansions who didn't have it and couldn't get help to go back and redo the raids.

Much easier to just get it done while everybody is splitting those raids anyway.

Yeah, very common drop from Zoo (maybe guaranteed? I always got it on my Zoo kills). If later era zerkers couldn't get it it was probably because they didn't have friends willing to help out (or didn't know about the zoo drop).

The other places are tough because you'd have to do Inkuta, which is probably what you're thinking of being a big cockblock (particularly the cursecaller event).

Needless

Toe Sucker
psshh im gonna burn out before i hit 45 then wait for the new TLP anyway 2:^)
that ornate greatsword is a solid 1/23 at level 1, i dig it

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Ancients drop from Cyno, Zoo and the last two Inktuta events. With the way loots works on Mischief it will be easier to get in era and harder to get out of era since you can't target farm it.

DickTrickle

It doesn't drop from cyno. Zam and raspers are wrong, magelo is right (hundreds of chaos rune drops and zero reported from Cynosure). Between myself and my guild I killed cyno at least 15 times on Mangler and never got one. So it was either changed at one point or is super rare if it ever dropped from Cyno.

Chaos runes are marked as quest items so as long as quest items work as they have done for every previous expansion on mischief you can certainly target farm them.

Of course, given the way mischief works they should be pretty numerous.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
frenzys just like a kick right it doesnt scale off your wep or anything? idk how i never bothered playing this class lol
absolute dps machine dear GOD
1648702220293.png

also if anybody has one of these for sale hit me up: Meljeldin, Bane of Giants

Last edited: