EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide Zaide at what expansion do you plan to stop playing on Mischief? Or are you plan on playing through all the expansions?
I want to go to live but it’s like 3 years away still. It’s hard to imagine sticking with it til the end.

I think everyone expected me to quit in Kunark.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I want to go to live but it’s like 3 years away still. It’s hard to imagine sticking with it til the end.

I think everyone expected me to quit in Kunark.
You lasted way longer than I did.

Even though I don't play EQ much at all anymore, I have been giving consideration to rolling a new toon on Mischief and leveling it up just because of the long term potential of the server (due to it's ruleset).

Knowing that there is at least one good guild on the server pushing through content every expansion just makes coming back to that server more worthwhile.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Looks like everyone who exploited Shyra got 7 days of vacation time. I think everyone thought after the Mujaki PoP shit they would be able to do it with no consequences. Glad we blew our lockouts on progression.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Haven't logged on Mischief in over a month, but can you explain how this is different then anything from previous eras on the server?

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I lasted almost a month after Epic 2.0 on my monk. Was more RL and new job related than burnout. Had a lot of fun with Elf Sim though! Definitely going to keep an eye on that team going forward.

Future servers will require free trade or a completely new idea to hook me. This was too much fun to go back to old methods.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I lasted almost a month after Epic 2.0 on my monk. Was more RL and new job related than burnout. Had a lot of fun with Elf Sim though! Definitely going to keep an eye on that team going forward.

Future servers will require free trade or a completely new idea to hook me. This was too much fun to go back to old methods.
MMO's have almost zero attention span for me anymore - and Mischief not only kept me up till god awful hours on the regular, but I also played it for far more time than I did anything in recent memory.

The RNG and the extra loot just made it a lot more interesting.

If they do another server like this, I think the RNG needs a redesign. ANY raid mobs need to have access to just one big loot table. I'd rather see something like Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar in SOV having like a 1% chance to drop Vulak loot for example. It just fucking sucked at the end of the night being like "Well theres like 30 of us still online, whats up?" Someone mentions something like Lord, or Dane and hearing the moans and then theres only like 10 people online suddenly.

There was just no draw to doing that tier of mobs after a certain point and then its just monotonous farming that MAYBE someone will want a drop on their 15th alt. If they had just a CHANCE to drop the best loot in the game, then people would still want to play that lotto. Same could be said for some of the dragons in TOV - why the fuck would we go out of our way to kill "this" dragon? If that Dragon, naturally having a higher chance to drop loot like Vulaks, (10%?) then we'd go out of our way to kill it. FOMO is real and I get that, but damn.. you'll be BIS in a months time anyways?

Then, be truly fucking RNG with quest loot. Put quest mobs into the loot table for all I fucking care. It was insane that the whole idea on the server is broken when it comes to farming shit for quests. You can ONLY loot the cleric epic from this one goblin in Lake Rathe. Thats not RNG and how is that fucking fun for clerics? Or Monks with their pipes etc.? Add that type of fucking shit to other named mobs tables. Worst that can happen is stuff like that rots instead of being the 1000th fucking set of Silversilk Leggings.

Something interesting could have been done with Sky loot? Maybe planar mobs roll a bonus loot that has Sky quest pieces? Kill Inny and he drops 4x the god loot, but rolls a random bonus loot that would come from say.. the Eye? The amount of sky loot that should have been on the server should have been gluttonous, but really all we ever saw in any large capacity was shit like the belts. Same could be said for a laundry list of other zones like Plane of Mischief.

But anyways, doubt we'll see that much effort ever put into it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Mischief was an amazing "first crack" at randomizing EQ's loot. It was easily the most fun I've had in the game since at least Selo, but probably since 2002ish, if I'm being honest. I think with a little tweaking and some added attention, it could totally revitalize a lot of what becomes "stale" about those earlier expansions and even some of the later ones.

Additionally, they really need to implement relaxed truebox on every server going forward. I don't have the time to dedicate to a "fixed" raiding schedule anymore, but I do have plenty of money to spend on 6+ accounts. Thing is, running all of that shit with laptops and extra mice, numpads, etc. is a real pain in the ass after a while.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Mischief was an amazing "first crack" at randomizing EQ's loot. It was easily the most fun I've had in the game since at least Selo, but probably since 2002ish, if I'm being honest. I think with a little tweaking and some added attention, it could totally revitalize a lot of what becomes "stale" about those earlier expansions and even some of the later ones.

Additionally, they really need to implement relaxed truebox on every server going forward. I don't have the time to dedicate to a "fixed" raiding schedule anymore, but I do have plenty of money to spend on 6+ accounts. Thing is, running all of that shit with laptops and extra mice, numpads, etc. is a real pain in the ass after a while.
Pretty much the same boat. I don’t have time or care to go raiding, but I’ve always loved six box grinding, but I always did it on one computer. Not being able to box on one computer without installing addons/3rd party is simply a no go for me, and I’m not like my younger self that gamed 20 hours a day and was willing to take the time to code for my hobby.

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I believe relaxed true box will be the future for sure. It’s going to be a big hit in Yelinak when it arrives.

• 2Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I think a server with a balance pass would be fun. The meta is pretty tired now and has been in place since 2015, which imo is way too long.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
To me, that was one of the best things about Mischief. Even if the mobs didn't change, where I spent my time changed a lot from previous servers. I spent time in places and killing mobs I never would have otherwise.

Still, it's hard to imagine them actually doing a balance/content pass because it would take more than one person devoting half their time, which is all Mischief got.

I do think they should change the Mischief system to a weighted floor. So, tier 4 could have a 1% chance at tier 1, 5% at tier 2, 10% at tier 3, and the rest tier 4, but tier 1 could only ever drop tier 1, something like that. I think it would create even more engagement across the board. Maybe a few more people would burn out but I think not as much as would remain engaged.

• 2Like

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I rolled over on Aradune just to see if I could at least see some content I'd never seen before. If any future tlp servers went live there is no way in the world they would ever do the one single thing that I would want. That would be to disable the krono slot for that particular server. Tradable loot would be interesting in addition but not really necessary. The krono slot thing though would hamper Daybreak's ability to squeeze money out of it beyond simple subs which makes it something they would never do.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Disabling Krono on a server wouldn't even do anything other then make trading less secure. If you disable Krono one server you get "WTT 1kr on Server X for 5kPP on this server" all it does is enable people to get scammed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People were heavily rmting before krono too. On fippy I had a large pile of plat and people were refusing to sell big ticket items except for dollars, and I got regularly asked how much I'd sell my bcg for. At least with krono its direct and reliable.

The problem is that people want to rmt. So they do. As long as dudes are willing to pay dollars, people will come along to sell to them. It happens with krono or it happens with an alternative, but if the demand is there, it happens.

• 1Galaxy Brain

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Five days in and only two guilds on Mischief have killed Mayong out of the 20+ raid guilds. At least three more guilds have been in Demiplane but haven’t completed it yet.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Five days in and only two guilds on Mischief have killed Mayong out of the 20+ raid guilds. At least three more guilds have been in Demiplane but haven’t completed it yet.
How’s it going? Who is the other guild killing ?

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I rolled over on Aradune just to see if I could at least see some content I'd never seen before. If any future tlp servers went live there is no way in the world they would ever do the one single thing that I would want. That would be to disable the krono slot for that particular server. Tradable loot would be interesting in addition but not really necessary. The krono slot thing though would hamper Daybreak's ability to squeeze money out of it beyond simple subs which makes it something they would never do.
The thing you are looking for is called Project 99.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
How’s it going? Who is the other guild killing ?
Treasures was the second, they got it almost exactly 24 hours after us.

The “top” guild on Thornblade lost this one because they all got suspended for farming Shyra. Another guild called Good Intentions beat them for third overall.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Treasures was the second, they got it almost exactly 24 hours after us.

The “top” guild on Thornblade lost this one because they all got suspended for farming Shyra. Another guild called Good Intentions beat them for third overall.
Nice !!!