EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nah, that's a good thing, P99 players are human scum and I certainly would never sign off on associating with them publicly if I was a PR or legal person at a big company.

Alliances help rogues a lot, if you have several. What ultimately matters the most is getting into a "preferred" group comp with bard, shaman, beastlord for group only buffs. After that, with similar gear and H-stats...they are all three somewhat close, but I don't think I was ever able to beat one of our really good monks.
In live EQ, everything being equal (gearing, play ability, aDPS group) Monks are the worst of the 3 pure melee DPS by a good margin--they are still decent DPS overall, just the lesser of the three. Due to how scaling has worked the past 4-5 expansions on live Monk just has steadily fallen behind due to lack of scaling. Berserker started falling behind last expansion because they have become essentially mathematically crit capped so hDex gains don't move their DPS up meaningfully any longer. Rogues have continued to scale and are now the highest DPS melee class.

Note "everything being equal", I am disinterested in stories of your buddy's friend who parses #1 as a Monk on Bristlebane. Good players outparse bad ones.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
But are you getting a tattoo?
Na, no one took the bait. We had a $1000 donation to extend the stream by 13 hours then a $1001 donation to return to the original timeline. Maybe next year!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
If anyone starts grinding a group around 45ish or 20ish hit me up, my bard is 46 and i kinda wanna get him up while this is going

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Alright boiz. Let’s see those loot piñata pictures. Show me your quad Mayong tables.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1668010983396.png

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
What are some decent 70 bard weps? went from 50-70 way too fast now im clueless as fuck on the class lmao

bard's name is Ketsu

Last edited:

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Rapier of Somber Notes/Songblade for click + song mods.
2.0/1.5
Notched Blade of Bloodletting or Edge of Chaos for song mods.

Past those just whatever is cheap

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Also cogblaster, but those are still pretty pricey last I checked. Might change after this week

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Rapier of Somber Notes/Songblade for click + song mods.
2.0/1.5
Notched Blade of Bloodletting or Edge of Chaos for song mods.

Past those just whatever is cheap

Dope i'll keep an eye out for the rapier, i haven't seen the songblade in bazaar at all

edit: got the bloodletting sword, just gonna use my BL's spiked steel baton for now

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
Jesus christ theres so much stuff to figure out lol, i was doing DoN tasks because i think one of my songs is from the Amiable faction but these tasks are whack as hell.
But man i knew Fading Memories was sick, but sweet jesus is it a night and day difference of not having it, made playing this class so much funner.

I'm also assuming you cant sell these DoN spells right?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Jesus christ theres so much stuff to figure out lol, i was doing DoN tasks because i think one of my songs is from the Amiable faction but these tasks are whack as hell.
But man i knew Fading Memories was sick, but sweet jesus is it a night and day difference of not having it, made playing this class so much funner.

I'm also assuming you cant sell these DoN spells right?
Pretty sure they are no drop. But you need to do more than just get amiable, there’s a series of tasks you have to complete. There’s quite a few guides or just use ZAM to get what you need. You can also try to finish all of the DoN tiers, they each give a permanent AA some of which are pretty good. The other permanent AA area is doing all 5 of the MPG trials. They are pretty easy, and end result is a permanent boost to resist cap.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Pretty sure they are no drop. But you need to do more than just get amiable, there’s a series of tasks you have to complete. There’s quite a few guides or just use ZAM to get what you need. You can also try to finish all of the DoN tiers, they each give a permanent AA some of which are pretty good. The other permanent AA area is doing all 5 of the MPG trials. They are pretty easy, and end result is a permanent boost to resist cap.
Yeah i'll have to go back and do those as well if i see people doing them. I havent done anything beyond PoP other than at one point somehow completing the SK 1.5? or 2.0 way back in the day on FV out of boredom to try swarm kiting lol

Do people even do this anymore? i assume so if it grants permanent AA benefits

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah i'll have to go back and do those as well if i see people doing them. I havent done anything beyond PoP other than at one point somehow completing the SK 1.5? or 2.0 way back in the day on FV out of boredom to try swarm kiting lol

Do people even do this anymore? i assume so if it grants permanent AA benefits
Most of the pugs I’ve seen advertising are for the dodh spell line quests, but most of the DoN missions can be done with only a few people. If you’re in a guild that’s the best bet, usually people are looking for something to do. Might be harder this week with everyone focusing on either exp farming or loot farming though.

On the plus side, seems a lot of people using the bonus exp to level up boxes so there might be some opportunity there

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Most of the pugs I’ve seen advertising are for the dodh spell line quests, but most of the DoN missions can be done with only a few people. If you’re in a guild that’s the best bet, usually people are looking for something to do. Might be harder this week with everyone focusing on either exp farming or loot farming though.

On the plus side, seems a lot of people using the bonus exp to level up boxes so there might be some opportunity there
Yeah i dont expect much until the exp bonus ends, i'll most likely just try and catch up on AAs anyway and then look more into progression and epic questlines once it's done

edit: i should also probably join a guild, seems like groups would be a lot easier to find lol

Last edited:

Canibal

Golden Knight of the Realm
Does anyone have a newish list of what raid mobs can drop on Mischief? I’m a casual these days so haven’t been able to keep up as well on the last few expansions. Thanks!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Does anyone have a newish list of what raid mobs can drop on Mischief? I’m a casual these days so haven’t been able to keep up as well on the last few expansions. Thanks!
Looking at the RLS tab on magelo will give you a good clue if no other resource is given.