EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's been that that way for new servers for a while now but they previously said they wouldn't change it on existing servers. I played on Aradune from release till around SoF a while and the restriction there was pointless after PoP/GoD or so. It did nothing but make some people eat a temp ban for 3+ boxing but boxing was also the only thing keeping people playing. There just aren't nearly enough people around by that stage to make 1-boxing viable. Especially Euro hours which has a lot less players to begin with.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
It's been that that way for new servers for a while now but they previously said they wouldn't change it on existing servers. I played on Aradune from release till around SoF a while and the restriction there was pointless after PoP/GoD or so. It did nothing but make some people eat a temp ban for 3+ boxing but boxing was also the only thing keeping people playing. There just aren't nearly enough people around by that stage to make 1-boxing viable. Especially Euro hours which has a lot less players to begin with.

I agree about it's pointlessness, its a catch-22.

Lower attendance numbers lead to people boxing or calling others to box for raids while still clearing content.

People start bringing their shitty boxes to a raid OR they think they can box when they don't have the skill.

Raid starts wiping because of boxes / boxers.

Attendance starts lowering again.

People bring more shitty boxes AND urge people that have no business boxing...to box.

Raid starts wiping MORE because of boxes / boxers.

Ect...

---

I would rather see a Merc Revamp, allowing them to raid, and increasing their "intellect".

The "Chainbreakers" server has a cool idea for mercs, they are your own characters. Have a system that allows me to have myself and 2 "Mercs" that are alts.

That and invest in some way to have cross-server populations. I dunno if that would even be possible with what EQ has now.

Perhaps tie rule-sets to characters?

Super Special "Servers" spin up special instances for players?

I dunno, most-likely a pointless problem to solve given that the majority of EQ players either want to play live or stop at PoP with nearly no interest to play the middle.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
BRUH, I DUNNO? Maybe the fact that Everyone runs ShowEQ and you try to shove people off camps while you 6 box?

This is an understatement! Just about everyone I talk with has the sketchy windows version running. Us cool retro kids dusted off the old Netgear high speed hub* and a linux box, afraid of getting banned for using that on the same box we EQ on.

*I do networking, and cannot figure out why a Wireshark tap won't work for SEQ lol. In my defense, I gave up quick and just went with what works.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SEQ trivializes some stuff like Quill Cloak. But it allows everyone to track raid targets, which takes the burden off the few classes that can. They should have figured out ways to make SEQ less required instead of trying to constantly fight it. Something like making "tracking" a skill that Rangers and Druids get innately, but you can purchase the skill or do a long quest for the skill that opens up tracking for you. They should have updated how basic fucking tracking is too. That shit is incredibly bad.

Xevy

Log Wizard
SEQ trivializes some stuff like Quill Cloak. But it allows everyone to track raid targets, which takes the burden off the few classes that can. They should have figured out ways to make SEQ less required instead of trying to constantly fight it. Something like making "tracking" a skill that Rangers and Druids get innately, but you can purchase the skill or do a long quest for the skill that opens up tracking for you. They should have updated how basic fucking tracking is too. That shit is incredibly bad.
/tar Lord_Nagafen

The old SEQ.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Just integrate SEQ into the client, if you can't beat them join them.

All classes get "Basic" tracking that shows "MOB" in a color of their con as well as non-hidden / invisi player locations, no more early game camp checks.

Next Tier gets mob names and increased distance. Basic invisi and hidden players are shown as well.

Next Tier gets Mob names, Increased Distance and Click to target. Additionally SoS or improved invisi players are shown.

Add functionality to the tracking window to show "Last Spawn time" and possibly additional information unlock-able on track classes via AA. Maybe "Roam Lines" or "Last seen as" for rare hunting.

Really the only thing thats holding EQ1 back is EQ1. Most of this stuff is already implemented in EMU servers in many different ways.

ansar

Trakanon Raider
Just integrate SEQ into the client, if you can't beat them join them.

All classes get "Basic" tracking that shows "MOB" in a color of their con as well as non-hidden / invisi player locations, no more early game camp checks.

Next Tier gets mob names and increased distance. Basic invisi and hidden players are shown as well.

Next Tier gets Mob names, Increased Distance and Click to target. Additionally SoS or improved invisi players are shown.

Add functionality to the tracking window to show "Last Spawn time" and possibly additional information unlock-able on track classes via AA. Maybe "Roam Lines" or "Last seen as" for rare hunting.

Really the only thing thats holding EQ1 back is EQ1. Most of this stuff is already implemented in EMU servers in many different ways.
They started this with the in-game maps. I believe they copied SEQ map styles and made them available as the actual in game map window.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
[Mischief & Thornblade] Welcome to Underfoot!

So, how's Mischief doing these days?

My paladin I made a while back didn't get far before I went back to Lotro, but I might... MIGH make one as an Alternate Persona to my rogue.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
They started this with the in-game maps. I believe they copied SEQ map styles and made them available as the actual in game map window.
They can just take my idea from Chainbreaker.

Without tracking:

1702054928342.png

With 250 tracking:

1702054953431.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Just curious, are you distributing some form of customized MQ with chainbreaker to accomplish this?
Yup. It's embedded in the dinput8.dll file distributed with the client. Due to how Windows side-loads dynamic link libraries, it'll load our version ahead of any other versions. Then, our version loads from the system folder, and redirects the dll's main functionality/exports in the 'fake' file to the 'real' imports from the system folder.

It's also open source partially. Warning: the code is game-hack tier.

I plan on doing something similar to this for Quarm to add functionality from later clients. Merging in MQ2 to one library, force-injecting it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So, how's Mischief doing these days?

My paladin I made a while back didn't get far before I went back to Lotro, but I might... MIGH make one as an Alternate Persona to my rogue.
Population is still solid. UF came out yesterday and has been beaten by Faceless. Lots of other guilds progressing nicely.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
It had to have been super fast, Fippy dropped ~ 16 keys each of the first two tiers when we killed him the other night. They likely had two raid forces worth of keys or more before opening night was over after they did it all lol. Dude dropped something like a dozen armor molds too. Took almost as long to sort out the loot as it did the event.