EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I've found Vaniki to really be the best nostalgia server to play through older content.

They removed all the level requirements on gear so you can take level 100+ tradeskill gear and slap it on level 1's. It will scale down very low at first but by level 10 you are a monster. I put a honed wyrmslayer and a bi'faak sword on a level 1 bard and got him a cloak with illusionary spikes XVI. At level 2 he got aoe damage song and i started pulling whole zones for a group of toons to level. At level 30 i pulled every single spider in the front half of velks and sat down.

Friend and I just cleared out the 4 kunark dragons for the title/pet at level 50 and gore, trak, talendor, sev all died in about 15 seconds each.

But being able to buy a full set of CoTF tradeskill gear for half a krono is hilarious.

bard.png

• 2Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I've found Vaniki to really be the best nostalgia server to play through older content.

They removed all the level requirements on gear so you can take level 100+ tradeskill gear and slap it on level 1's. It will scale down very low at first but by level 10 you are a monster. I put a honed wyrmslayer and a bi'faak sword on a level 1 bard and got him a cloak with illusionary spikes XVI. At level 2 he got aoe damage song and i started pulling whole zones for a group of toons to level. At level 30 i pulled every single spider in the front half of velks and sat down.

Friend and I just cleared out the 4 kunark dragons for the title/pet at level 50 and gore, trak, talendor, sev all died in about 15 seconds each.

But being able to buy a full set of CoTF tradeskill gear for half a krono is hilarious.

View attachment 506549
That looks like it could be a fun romp for a little bit.

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider

View attachment 506549
Sounds too easy to be fun.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

View attachment 506549
Can you get a pet summon aug with that? My BST/MAG duo is mildly curious.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The pet focus items work for a specific level range.

A random player I don’t know just handed me a pet focus 16 for free the other day and it has a level 71-95 pet range listed on it.

with Journeymen level mercs in the game from the start you can run a dual box of any two classes and a tank + heals merc that will carry you 1-70 in a day or two. There really isn’t any economy outside of a few people selling tradeskill gear for cheap prices and some BoE drops. I spent a whopping two krono gearing out 8 toons to play the higher end expansions.

It isn’t a complete cakewalk though. Level cap is currently 95 but all expansions through EoK are out. To kill 108 level named in FM I was running 7 characters with 5 healer mercs and a 104 charm pet while my buddy ran 10 toons with a few heals mercs and his own charm pet. We have been giving away Honed Wyrmslayers to people soloing/duoing.

The server is basically empty outside of a few guilds. Chill Mode raids higher end content and does the lower level achievement runs. My buddy and I did the beat Yelinak with only level 50s in the group last night. It took us just under two hours to remember the way through Skyshrine and kill Yeli. It unlocked on each of our accounts a tlp claimable teleport to western wastes we are looking forward to using on the 25th anniversary server.

Best advice for anyone wanting to mess around is find a friend or two who wants to nostalgia hunt and each drop a krono for a million plat off barter. Buy a full set of CoTF tradeskill gear for your class. Look up chronomage, temporal solider and dimensional warrior armor sets. Buy an ethernere or equivalent level 100+ weapon. Rip through early content and feel like a tiny god and then get utterly destroyed trying to mess with EoK content. I got slapped by a giant for 100k last night and AoEd by a named Sarnak for 120k to my group.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Thank you. Going to stick with Mischief for now. Probably going to drop the dough for a few alternate persona slots though. They added FFXIV job system finally. That is going to be 5 kinds of cray cray.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

View attachment 506549
On second thought I totally got sucked into this. Also got new xpac so I can use personas to maximize this shit.

eqvaniki.jpg

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The clicky AAs are the real hero of the story, and a serious kick in the dick to skilling up meditate since I never make a dent in my mana pool. I have had to resort to cast and immediate sitting to get a med tick in.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
You're going to love when you start messing with personas and click all those level 100 gear AAs.

Just starting off a level 1 with a +125 damage shield mod is hilarity.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You're going to love when you start messing with personas and click all those level 100 gear AAs.

Just starting off a level 1 with a +125 damage shield mod is hilarity.
Yeah, I got a cloak with illusionary spikes vi on it. Slept, just got to 60 on BST. My weapons are now 56/18 and 53/18.

I did figure out you can turn off the item AAs. So I am going to go naked for a casting session. Get med over 200 just so I can mem faster.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Just a quick update on my alternate personas series on Twitch/Youtube...

I haven't done any streams lately of my alternate personas on the Mischief server because as we all know, EverQuest is fucking boring at times lol. I don't want to put my viewers to sleep watching me play the game. It's a lot like watching paint dry, but worse.

That being said, my SK persona is in the 30s. I'm working on getting another account up to the same level doing alternate personas on it as well. So, I just grabbed a tank merc and healer merc. The game pretty much plays itself at the lower levels. I was literally playing Lord of The Rings Online while my mercs were killing shit in EQ. To be honest, after playing other MMOs a lot more, it's getting hard to find fun in grinding characters in EQ, so thank God for mercenaries that will do the work for me.

The only mistake I made on my second account was going with a monk. It's my brothers account and he had made a monk, so I just went with it because I basically just wanted two mercs, so I needed to level something up on his account to get that second merc. Looking back on it now, I should have created a shaman or beastlord persona on his account as that would have gone a lot better duo'd with my SK. I'm thinking I will create a shaman persona on that account after work, and work on leveling it up to the 30s to join my SK.

Anybody else doing the slow roll on Mischief server ever want someone to play with, hit me up.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1705688777387.png

Anyone know what this is from? Keep seeing it popping up in image searches for Everquest stuff. It looks like it might be official artwork. Is that Firiona Vie being all... evil? I don't recognize the hot harpoon lady or the cloaked figure either. Looks like an expansion cover, but I don't know of FV ever turning bad (or being controlled) in the canon.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
View attachment 510147
Anyone know what this is from? Keep seeing it popping up in image searches for Everquest stuff. It looks like it might be official artwork. Is that Firiona Vie being all... evil? I don't recognize the hot harpoon lady or the cloaked figure either. Looks like an expansion cover, but I don't know of FV ever turning bad (or being controlled) in the canon.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
That artwork they went with for the main poster is horrible. There's not even a FV in the damn thing. Keith Parkinson is probably rolling over in his grave right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
Not sure how useful it'll be for people since I'm sure everyone has their own solutions at this point, but years ago I wrote an auction and points system manager for discord. I've since revamped it with the UI elements discord added relatively recently. It can auto handle silent and open auctions as well as events with all the usual (I think) dkp options. It has auctioneer functions to display item stats during auctions for most of the dkp oriented games I used to play.

I've put it up on a permanent host with the caveat the DKP portion of the bot will probably eventually go paid since I'm not going to pay for everyones database storage lol. For now for at least a few months everything is free to use and I'll more than likely keep the auction part of the bot always free.

I'll probably get the wiki done in the next few days, but anyone familiar with dkp systems shouldn't have a problem figuring it out.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I got bored and want to see how far i can take a 2 box duo with mercs just because mischief is the goated server i went with this after seeing how unbelievably fucked oakwynd is lol

if i'm running an enchanter is there a way to make so i can mark a charm pet mob so the mercs wont just butt fuck the mob if charm breaks? i've barely played content with mercs so i never really used them too much.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
So, honestly, what is up with the 3rd party software? The game's over 25 years old, and they still are deleting any threads that even mention that there are 3rd party software EVEN THOUGH they know damn well that the majority of their paying customers on the Live servers run it. I mean what the actual fuck is going on over there?

Are the devs the ones behind the 3rd party software and it's their second income because honestly, I couldn't give a shit if they make extra money. I'm just sick of it being the biggest fucking secret that everybody fucking knows about. If your devs allow the 3rd party software but only if they get a cut of the money, then fucking let people know where to go give them their cut. Pretending it doesn't exist, suspending/banning people for using when they feel like it, and acting all covert about it is fucking childish to the nth degree.

We are paying customers to DBG. We should be allowed to ask questions about the fucking game we pay for. If they have 3rd party software that ENHANCES the playing experience, then it should be offered to the PAYING CUSTOMERS to get it. Why all the black market behind closes door shit? Is this fucking junior high or something? Fucking hell. So, sick of the immature shit from DBG.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They operate under the "lets make this as painful and confusing as possible to the player base" mission statement. Zaide made a video about it. I'm honestly surprised the game still makes money.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
They operate under the "lets make this as painful and confusing as possible to the player base" mission statement. Zaide made a video about it. I'm honestly surprised the game still makes money.
Yeah I really don't get it. It's so fucking weird the way that company is ran. I mean, hell if you need a few extra bucks to allow us to play the game with out alt-tabbing non-fucking stop, just say so. I am not against paying for convenience. Fuck, I play Lord of The Rings Online where paying for convenience is ever so close to paying to win, so that should say something. I will pay for what I enjoy.

My main issue, and the reason I have never ran 3rd party software for boxing, is that I don't like the idea of putting years of time in to a game and waking up one day to find that a DBG employee was having a bad day and decided that was the day they wanted to ban someone and *poof* ... years of work just gone in a flash. That's why I won't do it. If I had guarantees that all my work could be taken away from me, I would do it.

Hell the only thing I have ever ran was the maps, and it was because I was told by a raid leader one time that if I didn't do it, I would be out. I hated it, but it's like Zaide has said before, at a certain point, you realize that if you don't do what everybody else does, you are essentially out of the competition. It's a sad reality of the state of the game.

Plain and simple, I just want to be able to box in EQ with out alt-tabbing to do it and having to constantly figure out where my fucking boxes ran off to because /follow is a piece of shit. Is that really too much to ask of a 25 year old game that I still to this day pay monthly subscriptions and buy the expansion every year? I mean, I'd hate to see how this company treats people that don't pay them money hand over fist because they sure as hell treat their paying customers like shit.