EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
As he was quietly building MQ2 complies that worked on Mischief eh?

Edit: He wasn't keeping anything he was doing a secret.

Last edited:

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
I remember how self-righteously indignant he was in discord when people were accusing him of it. He's always been a duplicitous shitlord.

Have you ever been in a similar position as him? It's a rare thing. Really unsure what I would do if I were in his place. I probably wouldn't have done it, as it seems illegal.

I didn't really know Suineg well despite playing with him on Agnarr and Mischief, but I always regarded him favorably and I respect his candor on this topic. Bonus points for it being a good piece of Mischief lore as well.

Makes me all the more curious on who the source is.

Last edited:

Sieger

Trakanon Raider

Yeah I mean virtually any TLPer would take 10m plat in Kunark if handed to them, with the only hesitance being a fear of getting banned (in which case they may try to accept it on a burner account lol.)

The big take away from this video is the people who were saying there wasn't a plat dupe on Mischief were straight idiots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Yeah I mean virtually any TLPer would take 10m plat in Kunark if handed to them, with the only hesitance being a fear of getting banned (in which case they may try to accept it on a burner account lol.)

The big take away from this video is the people who were saying there wasn't a plat dupe on Mischief were straight idiots.

1708447269022.jpeg

Going to end up with your idiot brother panicking and murdering the sheriff and then having to murder your brother's even dumber friend that he brought in on the deal when he tries to blackmail you.

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider

I absolutely agree with your main sentiment on the video, but what I was getting at is that Suineg knew the plat he was given was produced via some form of hacking the game, and he sold it, as well as gave it to others for them to sell it. Do I know what specific law it is that was broken? No. Does it seem likely that he would ever get in legal trouble for it? No, and let's also not forget that getting away with something doesn't mean it is legal. When you mention someone being handed 10 million plat you're likely talking about Zaide, which as far as we know #1 did try and notify Daybreak, #2 as far as we know he didn't go around selling it. I was referring to Suineg and his two friends breaking the law.

Just applying some of this logic here...they made a lot of money that was ultimately through another person hacking the game and they knew about it.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I absolutely agree with your main sentiment on the video, but what I was getting at is that Suineg knew the plat he was given was produced via some form of hacking the game, and he sold it, as well as gave it to others for them to sell it. Do I know what specific law it is that was broken? No. Does it seem likely that he would ever get in legal trouble for it? No, and let's also not forget that getting away with something doesn't mean it is legal. When you mention someone being handed 10 million plat you're likely talking about Zaide, which as far as we know #1 did try and notify Daybreak, #2 as far as we know he didn't go around selling it. I was referring to Suineg and his two friends breaking the law.

Just applying some of this logic here...they made a lot of money that was ultimately through another person hacking the game and they knew about it.

It was reported publicly and privately. It was largely met with ridicule publicly, just go to the official discord and search dupe, sort by oldest. People thought it was nonsense and insisted there was no dupe. Even in this thread a lot of folks insisted there wasn’t a dupe.

Screenshot_20240219_211233_Chrome.jpeg

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How much inflation happened on Mischief? Oakwynd saw pretty similar levels of krono inflation and by their account wasn't part of their scheme.

The distance between 'plat duping' and 'automated AE farm crews vendoring 1500 jaundiced bone helms every other day' is not that large. The market will only tolerate so much raw plat conversion in to krono before you just run out of buyers.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You would think that and yet it keeps going up. My question is what happens when it exceeds the 2 mil limit on the Bazaar? It is tedious at best trying to sell shit in one of the 4 general chats. Will it just cap at 2mil?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Getting dogpiled in discord over turning in a few items to Marcia each week for nobles was a real highlight of my time on Mischief.

So many small brains were absolutely convinced that this was the big plat exploit. All the while I'm trying to explain there was an actual hack/dupe that had been active in 2021 and was never fixed.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You would think that and yet it keeps going up. My question is what happens when it exceeds the 2 mil limit on the Bazaar? It is tedious at best trying to sell shit in one of the 4 general chats. Will it just cap at 2mil?
Nah, it'll just be done manually and /baz and /bar will be relegated to useless shit like happened on FV years ago. Technically we are already there, as newest bestest items are sold for kr only.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How much inflation happened on Mischief? Oakwynd saw pretty similar levels of krono inflation and by their account wasn't part of their scheme.

The distance between 'plat duping' and 'automated AE farm crews vendoring 1500 jaundiced bone helms every other day' is not that large. The market will only tolerate so much raw plat conversion in to krono before you just run out of buyers.
Just because it isn't "active" on a server doesn't mean the overall market isn't still afflicted with what's occurring on other servers.

Also, why do people keep referring to this as a "dupe"? It sounds more like just a straight up hack.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

The distance between 'plat duping' and 'automated AE farm crews vendoring 1500 jaundiced bone helms every other day' is not that large. The market will only tolerate so much raw plat conversion in to krono before you just run out of buyers
Oakwynd had the Tradeskill Depot dupe right? So it had its own issues. Idk what krono is on Oak right now but iirc Mischief had krono prices of like 300k-ish in Luclin and PoP. DickTrickle DickTrickle would probably remember better than I do.

Mischief also had shorter classic and Kunark. It launched Classic in May and PoP in December. So these prices were with even less time to farm plat naturally.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oakwynd ended up with some industrial tier PL operations running all day and all night. You'd check the parcel merchant by the FP bank and if the servers hadn't come down in a while they'd have shit like 50,000 fire emeralds, tens to hundreds of thousands of each piece of cash loot and thousands of each junk rare drop. The kinds of numbers you could see on a single merchant were nuts. With the legacy exp bonus in play the demand for leveling was just always there. It's possible there was a dupe in play on top of that but I don't think it's necessary to explain the economy.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Just because it isn't "active" on a server doesn't mean the overall market isn't still afflicted with what's occurring on other servers.

Also, why do people keep referring to this as a "dupe"? It sounds more like just a straight up hack.
This is a good, but pedantic (the best kind) of point. It isn't a dupe, which is an exploit in which you duplicate items in game, but actually obtaining elevated access to the client itself to straight up "generate" platinum that didn't exist at all before hand. But dupe is the word that is best understood by the playerbase.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oakwynd had the Tradeskill Depot dupe right? So it had its own issues. Idk what krono is on Oak right now but iirc Mischief had krono prices of like 300k-ish in Luclin and PoP. DickTrickle DickTrickle would probably remember better than I do.

Mischief also had shorter classic and Kunark. It launched Classic in May and PoP in December. So these prices were with even less time to farm plat naturally.

After the depot thing krono hit the arbitrary 'millions of plat' mark yea.

The 'organic' prices hit about 80-100k maybe during luclin? It's really hard to say though given that the depot thing came in like less than half way through the expansion.

The truly crazy part of Oakwynd was the krono prices hitting the 20-30k range and beyond during fucking *kunark*. The scale at which the automated AE crews could farm sebilis was astounding. I did one PL session with one of the larger ones and the log I collected from that ~4hr sessions was north of 100k plat in raw cash/gems/junk loot. And there were half a dozen of those crews running 24/7.

It only got worse come velious and access to velketors.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
After the depot thing krono hit the arbitrary 'millions of plat' mark yea.

The 'organic' prices hit about 80-100k maybe during luclin? It's really hard to say though given that the depot thing came in like less than half way through the expansion.

The truly crazy part of Oakwynd was the krono prices hitting the 20-30k range and beyond during fucking *kunark*. The scale at which the automated AE crews could farm sebilis was astounding. I did one PL session with one of the larger ones and the log I collected from that ~4hr sessions was north of 100k plat in raw cash/gems/junk loot. And there were half a dozen of those crews running 24/7.

It only got worse come velious and access to velketors.
Feels like not long ago you didn’t have reliable ae crews til Luclin. Just like one dude here or there that would do Hole/Seb/Velks in a random pick. It’s crazy how much it’s expanding.

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
Back when I tracked it, this was the trend from the start of Mischief up until a bit into Luclin. You can see what the bazaar came out, the price began spiking high. The price peaked around 600k during PoP then went back down for almost an entire year to 300kish before it started rising again.

1708468333658.png

1708468344831.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Feels like not long ago you didn’t have reliable ae crews til Luclin. Just like one dude here or there that would do Hole/Seb/Velks in a random pick. It’s crazy how much it’s expanding.

Yea I don't get it either. They 'nerfed' enchanter stuns and the result is like a 10 fold increase in the number of PL crews running 3 enchanters + nukers + pullers + cleric?

Meanwhile boomer Dan can't box his troll SK+shaman combo because the truebox code kicks him out and he doesn't own a second PC.

I'll care about a TLP again when they get serious about policing all the bots/RMT operations/cheating.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Meanwhile boomer Dan can't box his troll SK+shaman combo because the truebox code kicks him out and he doesn't own a second PC.
Blame the community of fat, casual dumb-dumbs for this. They seriously think "Truebox" prevents cheating/botting/automation/etc.

"Guys, if we don't enable truebox on every server, think of all the botters that'll camp Efreeti!?!"

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oakwynd ended up with some industrial tier PL operations running all day and all night. You'd check the parcel merchant by the FP bank and if the servers hadn't come down in a while they'd have shit like 50,000 fire emeralds, tens to hundreds of thousands of each piece of cash loot and thousands of each junk rare drop. The kinds of numbers you could see on a single merchant were nuts. With the legacy exp bonus in play the demand for leveling was just always there. It's possible there was a dupe in play on top of that but I don't think it's necessary to explain the economy.

There are more crews on Oakwynd than any other TLP since before Agnarr and they will only grow if nothing is done.

• 1Like