Poll EQ TLP Mischief or WOW Classic TBC?

EQ TLP Mischief or WOW:Classic TBC?

• Total voters

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Pretty simple.

Link to reddit poll, if you want to track normies.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I'm gonna play both. It's actually perfect timing hit 50 in EQ then fuck off to WoW for 3 months till i run out of shit to do. Come back to EQ just in time to avoid doing Classic and Kunark for the 8th time.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
TBC will still be there in 5-7 months when Mischief calms down a bit, and with Holly over there I expect to see them roll out new servers regularly soon™. Missing Mischief is like missing Sleeper/Combine, u just likely won't get a 2nd chance.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
This entire forum, its history, and its legacy is centered around EQ, not WoW. Pretty simple as Wade said, and the poll reflects that. Had Furor, Tigole, Ariel, (and others) and their massive (let's be real here) MASSIVE influence back then on the MMORPG community not made the jump, WoW wouldn't have had the cultural strength it has had and been a flash in the pan like Asheron's Call. They (Blizzard) were very intelligent in their absorption of the biggest social influencers in the genre. But EQ is this communities heart. WoW is a polished EQ but it'll never have the memories. Gooooo EQ!

• 3Picard
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
TBC was total shit. Why do I want to relive a shit expansion being shit. Fuck off wow. I'd rather take two release gates of discords to the balls.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
This entire forum, its history, and its legacy is centered around EQ, not WoW. Pretty simple as Wade said, and the poll reflects that. Had Furor, Tigole, Ariel, (and others) and their massive (let's be real here) MASSIVE influence back then on the MMORPG community not made the jump, WoW wouldn't have had the cultural strength it has had and been a flash in the pan like Asheron's Call. They (Blizzard) were very intelligent in their absorption of the biggest social influencers in the genre. But EQ is this communities heart. WoW is a polished EQ but it'll never have the memories. Gooooo EQ!
Even initially WoW was orders of magnitude bigger than EQ ever was. While getting the EQ/MMO people involved helped, particularly in the development and sounding board sense, I think saying that the game would have went the way of Asheron's Call is pretty nonsense. Warcraft was already a huge IP many times more popular than EQ ever was and at the time Blizzard was known to make quality polished games.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
LOL bro that's totally wrong. They weren't even hired until over half way through development. EQ had what 550K peak subs? You think the some odd ten million peak in WoW which is a far superior game in every way is because of a few dudes from EQ that maybe 1/4 of the population knew about? Sure it may have jumped started the initial sub base, but anyone who played WoW classic knew it was the future. I remember logging into beta for the first time and walking into SW after finishing Northshire Abbey and calling my buddy going "fuck this is the future bro." Don't get me wrong I know Tigole and Furor poored their heart and soul into the game and made some of it's best creative contributions, but to act as if EQ wouldn't of gotten crushed even if they stayed is very naive.

The poll (I voted for EQ) reflects what my appetite is for right now. I haven't played EQ in a long ass time and Mischief sounds kind of cool. It is not a reflection of WoW vs EQ in terms of their history, or overall fun.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
TBC was total shit. Why do I want to relive a shit expansion being shit. Fuck off wow. I'd rather take two release gates of discords to the balls.

It was also the expansion that introduced daily chores.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Well Sterling Sterling and O Ortega it's not like I *personally* was or am IN the business... I was simply a high-end player back then and when WoW was released it impacted EQs userbase greatly. I think we all remember our regular, skilled guildmates and their retirement posts saying "thanks for all the fish, cya in WoW" and rebuilding from the scraps that were left during that time period and the buzz that people were creating about WoW in game.

Tigole, Ariel, Furor... yes... if those three hadn't been hired, WoW wouldn't have been as successful as it was because it's a combination of social influence and them knowing their shit about what makes a MMORPG work and work well. If someone from Blizzard or whatever wants to come in and flop their dick on the table and be like "Yeah, those boys were scrubs... they didn't do too much in the overall development of the game." then LoL.. let them. I don't buy it, sorry.

Look at it this way:

Smedley was the dreamer with the $$$. He needed to hire the HUNGRY genius of Brad and Steve to flesh out that world.
Blizzard was the bigger fish/company with the $$$. They needed to hire the HUNGRY genius of Tigole, Ariel and Furor to flesh out that world.

I realize it's not a poll about which game is "better"; but where this particular community's (FoH) heart is. I've stated that WoW is a perfected and polished EQ. I don't think it'd be that way were it not for those 3 men doing what they did in the community.

• 1Picard
  • 1Hodjing
  • 1Faggotry

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm sure any number of their other developers had plenty of MMO experience and just weren't big names in a niche community. Also the vast majority of WoW players would never know who any of those 3 dudes were aside from them being Blizzard employees. A pretty significant portion of EQ players wouldn't know who they were even. something like maybe 5 percent of the early WoW population came from EQ. like 99 percent came from WC3 and Diablo. Obviously they helped but to say that the game would have been like half of EQs sub numbers like Asheron's Call was is pretty absurd. The game launched with a population more than 10 times EQs at the time, and it wasn't like they got 100 percent of EQs population. A lot of people stayed with EQ and many also went to EQ2 as well. I ran the top raiding guild on my server and of the 45 regular players we had early on literally 4 people including myself and one of my pals that we made the switch with were from EQ. And that's the top raiding guild, which is exactly the demo that the eq hardcores would flock to. The game would have been a huge success anyways. Maybe this particular niche community wouldn't have flocked to it quite the same way, but somehow I think that if WoW ended up with 19.87 times EQs peak subs instead of 20 times they'd have been just fine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
but to say that the game would have been like half of EQs sub numbers like Asheron's Call was is pretty absurd.
I believe in the Butterfly Effect and think that there are certain individuals in culture who are huge movers and shakers pertaining to certain things that without their presence or influence, shit would be MASSIVELY different. I just think those 3 guys were more important to WoWs legacy than you and some others are leading.

I get you Sterling I do... and I like you a lot... we're sooooo very different and it's awesome. You have an extremely analytical mind, almost to a fault and that's good, but this world operates on soul too :) Some things are simply outside numbers, data, and science heh.

• 1Picard
  • 1Hodjing
  • 1Faggotry

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm just saying that the majority of people that play EQ didn't even know who those dudes were. If like 5 percent of WoW's population came from EQ how many people really knew who they were outside of them being Blizzard employees at that point? And do you really think that they were the only people on the Dev team that had MMO experience? Obviously they had impact, but I don't think it was like 95 percent of the success of the game. As a longtime member of this particular niche community I found it amusing that there were actual little memes from these forums in the game, but 99.999 percent of people playing would have no idea what Tigule and Foror's Strawberry Ice Cream was about or what the origins of the What the Hoof?!?!? quest in Alterac Valley was.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I believe in the Butterfly Effect and think that there are certain individuals in culture who are huge movers and shakers pertaining to certain things that without their presence or influence, shit would be MASSIVELY different. I just think those 3 guys were more important to WoWs legacy than you and some others are leading.

I get you Sterling I do... and I like you a lot... we're sooooo very different and it's awesome. You have an extremely analytical mind, almost to a fault and that's good, but this world operates on soul too :) Some things are simply outside numbers, data, and science heh.
transguru.gif

map-maths_jpg.jpg

You hurt my soul. Shame on you.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'm just happy we went from that to this in 15 posts. I enjoyed it, did you? Evolution is real y'all! (just text me when your post evolves into a conscious being on its own).

yup.jpg

Holy crap... I DO ruin every thread.

• 1Hodjing

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I'm just happy we went from that to this in 15 posts. I enjoyed it, did you? Evolution is real y'all! (just text me when your post evolves into a conscious being on its own).

View attachment 353039

why.gif
begone.gif

whywhy.gif

I had these waiting for this very scenario.

You are entirely predictable, which butterflies perfectly with my previous post and the immutability of the universe :)

Thanks for the bump! ;)

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You've got some weird ass hero worship going on there, Vanessa Vanessa . Straight up completely divorced from reality because you're blinded by what those people meant to you.

Like sterling said, most wow players didn't even come from EQ. Blizzard had two of the most successful franchises in video game history at that point.

• 3Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
...and most EQ players didn't come from Neverwinter Nights or Cyberstrike, either. It's no different.

Look I fully get that WoW had lots of players coming into it NOT from EQ, but Diablo and WCIII weren't even mmorpgs technically, nor were they 3D. They obviously needed the talent mid production or else they wouldn't have hired them.

Blizzard would've had a successful game by the numbers (and Asheron's Call was successful at first [by the numbers]) without them, yes, but WoW wouldn't have been the beast it was without them is all I'm saying :)

Yes Dick, I fangirl over some weird ass hero/nerds... cringe away.

(or buy Belle Delphine's bathwater... the pot is quite black here)

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard

View attachment 353039

Jesus fucking christ another thread you had to make about you.

Vanessa.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 3 users