EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Am I remembering correct that Yelinak was 1 month classic 2 months Kunark. Where as Oakwynd will be classic 2 months and kunark 2 months.
No idea I played Mangler from day 1 to clearing Ring of Fear and then retired. Don't think these TLP's are spicy enough for me to put in a week or two of play this time around.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yelinak was 2 and 2. Mischief was 1 and 2.

No idea I played Mangler from day 1 to clearing Ring of Fear and then retired. Don't think these TLP's are spicy enough for me to put in a week or two of play this time around.

Getting harder to remember what happened on what server at this point... they all kind of blend together.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Allright, who's got the current guild going? Filthy casual here who will half-ass play at work, then disappear without a word a few weeks in.

/totally selling myself

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you're not rushing to top 50 or whatever I'd stay the fuck out of OOT and wait for The Hole to open up. The quality of life in Hole drops and exp per pull versus OOT goblins is big. The problem is you'll need Vox and Naggy dead and that'll take 2-3 days from server launch (probably). The Hole has some rough mobs like golems, but if you have Allure you've got a killing machine that has 4x the DPS of any member of your group and you've got ACTUAL drops worth equipping/trading. And if you can manage the undead tower, you've got bigtime early money from withered leather.

Standard leveling for most people should be newbie zone--Oasis/Crushbone---Unrest/Upper Guk----Lower Guk---- SolB/Hole/OoT. It's unfortunate they didn't mix it up as this cycle is super stagnant, but that's the best bang for your buck. Mangler my group the highest day one outside of a 6 boxer and we did some alt zones like Mistmoore and it was okay, but not worth it. Unfortunately if there's a place you THINK could be a secret gem, it's not. These are the settled meta unfortunately and unless DPG does something next TLP it'll be this way for a while.

I will say for Kunark a pro tip is if you have 1-2 enchanters with allure and OOG support undead tower will take you from 51-54 faster than anything else Kunark has to offer. Partially because of the exp bonus/mob level, but mostly because you just have premium pet opportunities there.

Undead tower...is that a Hole camp? Not sure if I'm familiar with that one.

Allright, who's got the current guild going? Filthy casual here who will half-ass play at work, then disappear without a word a few weeks in.

/totally selling myself

There isn't one, at least in terms of people on here or the usual power guilds.

Would really like to do SHM SK, but only one computer.

Likely will level a SHM to max, then twink a bard depending how much I like the SHM.

Yeah, if you're gonna try my SK/SHM/Bard meta, the Shaman is definitely the one you want to level first via a launch static or whichever. They can farm the best of the 3, roll in plats on week 1, etc. Then twink out the other two.

...oh, on one computer? Yeah IDK. I guess in that scenario just play whichever. Still would go with Shaman first for farming power.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Undead Tower is the 52-55+ level mobs that are all SK's and Enchanters and shit in The Hole. High resistance, decent hp (not as much as golems iirc), nasty dots, fears, charms etc. But they drop withered leather which is BiS for classes in Classic and some of Kunark. Once you make them white/yellow instead of yellow/red though you start to plow.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Undead Tower is the 52-55+ level mobs that are all SK's and Enchanters and shit in The Hole. High resistance, decent hp (not as much as golems iirc), nasty dots, fears, charms etc. But they drop withered leather which is BiS for classes in Classic and some of Kunark. Once you make them white/yellow instead of yellow/red though you start to plow.

Undead tower is terrible for experience, just terrible.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider

/totally selling myself

Most of the ultra sweaty Mabbu/Vicious fanbois went to join FTE if that's your thing.

A few us went to Golden Roosters who seem to be only interested in being a competitive DZ guild

I'd pick one of those 2 and ignore any others, it's gonna be a 2 horse race and even then not much interest in OW except what happens to be up during raid times.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think OOT Goblins is better exp than The Hole as long as you're charming Zoo and have the island to yourself. That said, The Hole is a much more fun, better loot, doesn't make you want to kill yourself and ofc if the Hole is open then you aren't going to have OOT to yourself anymore anyway.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Undead tower is terrible for experience, just terrible.
This is incorrect as on Mangler we were the first group to 55 shitting on the Sebilis groups. The only point anyone caught up was when the people could start actually charming/hitting mobs in Chardok at level 54 or so. Then they blasted passed us, but they started Chardok at something like level 52 because they thought Seb was slow and it was really rough even doing entrance shit until they had levels.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This is incorrect as on Mangler we were the first group to 55 shitting on the Sebilis groups. The only point anyone caught up was when the people could start actually charming/hitting mobs in Chardok at level 54 or so. Then they blasted passed us, but they started Chardok at something like level 52 because they thought Seb was slow and it was really rough even doing entrance shit until they had levels.
So it's faster than the zone you need to run to, then key for, then get a camp at? I know seb keys don't take long these days but keying a full group then going to Seb (also a shit zone) probably takes an hour just to get into camp.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I dunno, I think camping general chat channels in an attempt to extrapolate server populations would be more boring

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think OOT Goblins is better exp than The Hole as long as you're charming Zoo and have the island to yourself. That said, The Hole is a much more fun, better loot, doesn't make you want to kill yourself and ofc if the Hole is open then you aren't going to have OOT to yourself anymore anyway.

Given the FTE rules it's going to be real hard to get that lizard away from whoever has it first. Whenever charm breaks it's just going to be locked to that particular Enchanter. More than one can be up at the same time of course but you've still then got to beat the other group to it. Curing its Tash and/or giving it gear no one would want on their pet is about all you can do.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
OOT Goblins is awesome if you have the island alone and an enchanter. Otherwise its booty exp.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
OOT Goblins is awesome if you have the island alone and an enchanter. Otherwise its booty exp.

The 44 and 49 research hides have a massively exaggerated value if you're there early and can take advantage of them. Even so that camp can still go fuck itself. Sloppy aggro goblins, rusty weapons and endless running around.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Given the FTE rules it's going to be real hard to get that lizard away from whoever has it first. Whenever charm breaks it's just going to be locked to that particular Enchanter. More than one can be up at the same time of course but you've still then got to beat the other group to it. Curing its Tash and/or giving it gear no one would want on their pet is about all you can do.

At least you can't be KS'd on AC by it as long as you get the first tag, I don't see this unlocking by casting one heal on somebody will make it live either.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
At least you can't be KS'd on AC by it as long as you get the first tag, I don't see this unlocking by casting one heal on somebody will make it live either.

On Test it looked like they changed it to take a lot to force a soft unlock using beneficial spells.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The 44 and 49 research hides have a massively exaggerated value if you're there early and can take advantage of them. Even so that camp can still go fuck itself. Sloppy aggro goblins, rusty weapons and endless running around.

The only good thing about that camp is basically anyone can pull it, so I actually got to just sit in camp and play songs while watching a movie(not like my melee is missed and no one cared). But yeah, I would much rather go 20% slower or w/e in exp in some dungeon, then that boring ass place.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I can check some GINA logs of our leveling in The Hole for Kunark release.

Here's what we did with a group and an out of group support group with another enchanter and maybe a druid and cleric?

1684896869109.png

That was with probably 50% exp pot, not sure we had 75% available to us. But that was Kunark launch on Mangler at Undead Tower.