EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Some days they're totally incompetent people who don't even play or understand their own game and other days they're the criminal masterminds who use automation to bot the most lucrative economic areas on each new server for their personal profit. The community can't decide.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Some days they're totally incompetent people who don't even play or understand their own game and other days they're the criminal masterminds who use automation to bot the most lucrative economic areas on each new server for their personal profit. The community can't decide.
I'm sure some a dumb as dirt, some smarter than I, some valorous, and some that are nefarious. I doubt they are all exactly the same.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Posting for the umpteenth time that a GM who quit, Narlee, confirmed big botters are protected by DBG after trying to ban them and being told that wasn't an "important use if her time" as the literal GM in charge of banning exploiters/cheaters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Alls I know is, the minute I ever try to bot I'll get immediately banned

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The /yell change in the last patch was enough to convince me that they see the big box foreign farmer types as benefits rather than liabilities.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

The csrs are mostly incompetent people who don't even play or understand their own game. The developers are not - not saying they're all corrupt chinese operatives or whatever, but, there is a huge divide where devs know their shit and senior gm ruinyourday does not.

I think an easier explanation is that the organized groups have connections where they either kickback (conspiracy theory) to be let go if they don't push it too far, or they have compromise agreements and police themselves to lesson the strain as a form of "its gonna happen anyway this is better than the alternative" approach. I buy the latter because we know this is exactly the stance taken by holly with macroquesting.

Atabishi Forgot Password

Silver Squire
The csrs are mostly incompetent people who don't even play or understand their own game. The developers are not - not saying they're all corrupt chinese operatives or whatever, but, there is a huge divide where devs know their shit and senior gm ruinyourday does not.

I think an easier explanation is that the organized groups have connections where they either kickback (conspiracy theory) to be let go if they don't push it too far, or they have compromise agreements and police themselves to lesson the strain as a form of "its gonna happen anyway this is better than the alternative" approach. I buy the latter because we know this is exactly the stance taken by holly with macroquesting.

Yeah both very plausible.

I've spoken on discord to the SG botters before. Not sure if they are the ones that do it on every server, but I would assume so. They were American and sounded very retarded. They couldn't type or speak coherent sentences. They spoke like how you would expect someone living in the deep south who only finished 4th grade to speak. It could have all been an act though to convince me they were retarded, who knows.

I've gone pretty deep in to the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories when it comes to the connection between botters and DBG, especially since I used to be a degenerate who played 18 hours a day for years so I would spend weeks fucking with the botters on every server and noticed just insanely weird things.

While botters giving kickbacks to DBG staff is very plausible, considering we've seen corrupt DBG staff before on the TLP's, from my experience I think the following 2 is more likely to apply to most cases:

1. The botters automate a ticket system. When you mess with them, they send in 100+ tickets on you and maybe even get the other botters on their team to do the same. When someone gets petitioned hundreds of times, not having evidence of what you are claiming they did no longer becomes a problem. The person will most likely get suspended. I think this is why a lot of people who mess with botters instantly get suspended.

2. Some of the botters help DBG dev's with coding issues or various EQ related things. I'm not sure how many of the botters do this, but we know for a fact at least 1 did. The guy who wrote the original MQ compile that worked on TLP's back on phinny and then continued to write MQ compiles all the way up until about mangler/aradune period worked with DBG devs. His IRL friend also plays EQ and leaked discord DM history of him conversing with several DBG dev's about different game issues as well as DM's with one of the GM's. It was very clear they were fully aware of his botting. He obviously got protection in exchange for help on game issues.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Zaide Zaide your Quarken podcast was really good, I listened to the entire thing and I haven't finished a full podcast in a long time. The guy definitely has a gift for telling stories. Wish I could go back in time and run with his crew.

Link for anyone interested so you don't have to hunt it down:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide Zaide your Quarken podcast was really good, I listened to the entire thing and I haven't finished a full podcast in a long time. The guy definitely has a gift for telling stories. Wish I could go back in time and run with his crew.

Link for anyone interested so you don't have to hunt it down:

I’ve got Qulas coming on next week doing a sort of follow up episode. It should be really good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
Lol. People who think eq devs are in some kinda cabal with botters are hilarious. Dbg is part of a publicly traded company, nobody there would be dumb enough to risk doing this; and the money isn't nearly worth it.

Nobody's pulling in millions of dollars running bots on eq.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Nobody thinks they're in a cabal, people just think there could be a certain level of leniency shown to high-level botters due to the revenue they bring in.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Dope video. Not sure people realize how important videos like this are for things like recruitment and rep. Triality definitely got it back in the day.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Lol. People who think eq devs are in some kinda cabal with botters are hilarious. Dbg is part of a publicly traded company, nobody there would be dumb enough to risk doing this; and the money isn't nearly worth it.

Employees never steal from publicly traded companies. 400IQ right here

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs

Dope video. Not sure people realize how important videos like this are for things like recruitment and rep. Triality definitely got it back in the day.
I liked it till the music went bad / Luclin models appeared.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

They formed a relationship with mq2 and set boundaries like no server crashing and stay off tlps etc. Why is it so difficult to think that there may be a similar situation with rmters? You don't even need all that even, just the cs team having some familiarity and setting boundaries to try to make their jobs bearable. Csrs don't want to spend all day beating their heads against automaters who will come back, they want to resolve whatever they're doing that causes others to petition and try to reduce the ticket count.

None of these suggestions involves dbg running some racket. Some devs or former devs mass boxing on tlps, sure. A criminal organization? Leave that for tards on the official forums

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They formed a relationship with mq2 and set boundaries like no server crashing and stay off tlps etc. Why is it so difficult to think that there may be a similar situation with rmters? You don't even need all that even, just the cs team having some familiarity and setting boundaries to try to make their jobs bearable. Csrs don't want to spend all day beating their heads against automaters who will come back, they want to resolve whatever they're doing that causes others to petition and try to reduce the ticket count.

None of these suggestions involves dbg running some racket. Some devs or former devs mass boxing on tlps, sure. A criminal organization? Leave that for tards on the official forums

Don't you understand it's a publicly traded company??

It's the same reason employees never steal from Walmart