EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Kwanza and National Fruitcake day are holidays

I've been humbled.

April 10th is the only TRUELY ACCURATE day to evaluate TLP populations since people are finally calming down from the President's Day festivities and haven't buried themselves in all the Memorial Day hubbub

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the bullshit of the last 7 weeks or so certainly put a dent in the population but calling it dead is an exaggeration.

Our guild probably gained more than we lost during that time.

It wasn't the ruleset as some people claimed to predict though, it was the incompetence of Daybreak staff that was the nail in the coffin for most that quit.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the bullshit of the last 7 weeks or so certainly put a dent in the population but calling it dead is an exaggeration.

Our guild probably gained more than we lost during that time.

It wasn't the ruleset as some people claimed to predict though, it was the incompetence of Daybreak staff that was the nail in the coffin for most that quit.
yea there is still a high enough population that the drop hasn't affected gameplay too much: multiple guilds doing end game content, can still find pug grp at max level, can still find mats in the bazaar, etc. It's probably going to die for real after PoP though, which is sad cause I really wanted to play OoW.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zish

Trakanon Raider
It's almost like creating a ruleset that takes years to actually payoff was an incredibly stupid idea.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's almost like creating a ruleset that takes years to actually payoff was an incredibly stupid idea.

Being able to transfer around no-drop gear between your characters plus a little exp boost was alright but bonus rep Velious and bonus plat PoP are just so aggressively mediocre as perks. Slightly faster AA isn't horrible but we've all ground so many of those fucking points over the years.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
yea there is still a high enough population that the drop hasn't affected gameplay too much: multiple guilds doing end game content, can still find pug grp at max level, can still find mats in the bazaar, etc. It's probably going to die for real after PoP though, which is sad cause I really wanted to play OoW.

What happened with MoM? looks like they had a bit of an exodus.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Yea, the guildleader was always very trigger happy kicking people out, but one guy he kicked caused a chain reaction of friends/people leaving. Trust in his leadership dropped even more when he tried to make the guild more box-friendly instead of fixing roster problem by recruiting and being less aggressive on the /gkick.
In what guild are you?

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
EoT

I said months ago that there is a finite number of players on any server willing to tolerate Grok's shit, and he's burned through most of them already this time.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Doesn’t matter the whole guild disbands in PoP every year anyway. Did they kill Quarm on the last server? They usually just wipe in PoTime for a few months then fall apart.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Doesn’t matter the whole guild disbands in PoP every year anyway. Did they kill Quarm on the last server? They usually just wipe in PoTime for a few months then fall apart.
Wait, I don't play on TLPs any longer, how can you wipe to content that has been solved over 20 years ago?

• 1Worf

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Wait, I don't play on TLPs any longer, how can you wipe to content that has been solved over 20 years ago?
I doubt that is true, likely an exaggeration at the very least. I know they disbanded while raiding GoD last server. But MoM does low man raid (half of them being boxes) so it's definitely more challenging. We did a full VT run with 24 in era, TVK with like 20. Part of it is because Grok starts kicking people he doesnt like when the roster gets too big, ie normal sized.

At any rates, it's a good guild, just not pragmatic enough for such an old game.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I doubt that is true, likely an exaggeration at the very least. I know they disbanded while raiding GoD last server. But MoM does low man raid (half of them being boxes) so it's definitely more challenging. We did a full VT run with 24 in era, TVK with like 20. Part of it is because Grok starts kicking people he doesnt like when the roster gets too big, ie normal sized.

At any rates, it's a good guild, just not pragmatic enough for such an old game.
Rhytisma used to stream all their raids and they wiped for weeks in PoTime and disbanded never having reached Quarm. This is a server where you were also far better geared than normal.

They were on Aradune, Mischief, Yelinak, and now Oakwynd. Guess where Grok and his guild will be next May?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Never forget Dima and co wiping to a Gorenaire they jumped on at like 25%.

• 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
EoT

I said months ago that there is a finite number of players on any server willing to tolerate Grok's shit, and he's burned through most of them already this time.

Holy shit, I was in that guild for a bit. I joined late, hit level cap probably 3-4 weeks after everyone else and made a joke asking if I was server first. Autistic Grok seriously responded in guild chat with something super toxic, 0 sense of humor. Myself and like 4 RL friends dropped right away. Hilarious he's still doing that.

I mean we were super casual, but we still hang out to have fun...

• 1Solidarity

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I feel for Shmerpy, he's actually a cool dude, but seems unable to cut the umbilical cord keeping him attached to Grok.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Rhytisma used to stream all their raids and they wiped for weeks in PoTime and disbanded never having reached Quarm. This is a server where you were also far better geared than normal.

They were on Aradune, Mischief, Yelinak, and now Oakwynd. Guess where Grok and his guild will be next May?
They definitely had time on farm on some of these servers and disbanded in GoD. They may have been more newbish on the first tlps, these guys were not raiders in og eq iirc.

He also made it clear that he wasnt joining the next tlp and wants to go to live, which I always thought was funny with how badly he managed his roster and relations.

He kicked a guy with 100 RA since classic cause he was raid logging and not interested in OW kills. Also kicked a guy and accused him of being a double agent for a rival euro guild during a contested blob kill. That was the most schizophrenic shit ive ever seen. Mind blowing cause the guy is definitely smart otherwise.