EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My lady says that the announcement will be made on April 9th.

Two servers:
  • Server 1 - Classic start with all classes playable, truebox, and free trade/random loot
  • Server 2 - 1 character per server, perma-death, faction-based pvp, items show up in shared bank slot for your new character when last character dies
Enjoy.
God if server 1 is real, Id be so happy.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wish they would also allow the Merchant system in at start. Yes it makes soloing easier but who cares. Server 2 will be a waste of server. Some will start to play for a bit and then realize server one is much better.

Play all classes from start is nice I guess. I wonder if the random system is changed a bit.

That is if this is real...

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So the “something they haven’t done before and impacts live” is them moving some class trainers to starting cities to cover zerkers and BLs? Pretty fucking lame if true.

And truebox sucks dick

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just got off the phone with my contact, on Server 2 only red-con mobs in dungeons will give XP, group size is limited to 3 and reaching level cap rewards you with account-wide bonuses similar to heroic AAs.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought they would make a hardcore server but more focus on reducing XP gain and create more achievement opptys for dungeons etc with rewards people would actually give a shit about. Permadeath seems like it would turn off even the most hardcore TLP’ers.

Server 1 would be interesting without the bonus loot. Would likely see prices stay higher without people full BiS first 3 weeks of every expac. Pretty funny to see a shitload of worthless Zerker’s running around providing zero value in DPS unless they get some early game buffs to help.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
It's going to be personal loot and/or level scaling in zones.

Either way it will suck and everyone will hate it.

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wonder who they are catering to with that rule set. Experimental is an understatement. Druids/wizzies being OP with evac I guess?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's going to be personal loot and/or level scaling in zones.

Either way it will suck and everyone will hate it.
Personal loot is :emoji_poop:. Or rather, it's anti-thetical to the social aspect of an MMO because it removes trust and cooperation. I'd much rather see a system that promotes cooperation with harder difficulty content and requiring trust by allowing you to screw over your neighbor. Personal loot goes against both of those principals.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Yes I think it's crap as well but it will be either of those.

I heard that from an actual person who works with DBG so that means it won't be either.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Level scaling in zones could be interesting to some degree, no idea how they would implement that. Who does it scale to and how?

But it would allow for different leveling paths than the standard at least.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought they would make a hardcore server but more focus on reducing XP gain and create more achievement opptys for dungeons etc with rewards people would actually give a shit about. Permadeath seems like it would turn off even the most hardcore TLP’ers.

Server 1 would be interesting without the bonus loot. Would likely see prices stay higher without people full BiS first 3 weeks of every expac. Pretty funny to see a shitload of worthless Zerker’s running around providing zero value in DPS unless they get some early game buffs to help.

Every new FV style server loot should all be attunable.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Two servers:
  • Server 1 - Classic start with all classes playable, truebox, and free trade/random loot
  • Server 2 - 1 character per server, perma-death, faction-based pvp, items show up in shared bank slot for your new character when last character dies
Enjoy.

I think this actually has a reasonable chance of being close to the truth. Server 1 being truebox sux though. All I want from TLP this year is to try running an RTS box group like Tuco and I'm not gonna run a bunch of laptops.

Server 2 would be pretty DOA. A few of the power players on here would try it as a personal challenge server, but after a month week there'd be no one on it. What gives it away as not real is the faction-based PVP. That's as much of a thing as ship-to-ship combat

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure they already have had a Ironman server. I believe it was a temporary server in the lead up to something I can't remember. Omens maybe? Think it was just called Discord. Pretty sure it was PVP too.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
PVP servers would be a clusterfuck but the community has been clamoring for that for years, and Daybreak has tried to do those in EQ2 to moderate success, so maybe the EQ1 team could try it, too?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PVP servers would be a clusterfuck but the community has been clamoring for that for years, and Daybreak has tried to do those in EQ2 to moderate success, so maybe the EQ1 team could try it, too?
By community you mean the 10 neck beards who think it will be awesome, not realizing it will be dead in a matter of days.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Juvarisx

Florida
I can't even imagine putting up with the degeneracy of the zek servers today. The only way they would do a pvp one is if they did a non pvp one as well, and we could watch the same 10 retards that play on p99 red play there I suppose.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Two servers:
Enjoy.

That's where I knew it was BS and stopped reading

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Confirmed.

Just got off the phone with my contact at DPG, they are wrapping up the testing of the new TLP server rules and boy is it crazy, here's the interesting part of the upcoming announcement:

TLP Server Choice #2: Divinity

• Building on the Community Resource Council system, the Divinity server will allow players who go through a qualification process to take the role of EQ deities, including:
    • Bertoxxulous: The Plaguebringer
    • Brell Serilis: The Duke of Below, Duke of Underfoot
    • Bristlebane: The King of Thieves
    • Cazic-Thule: The Faceless, Lord of Fear
    • Erolissi Marr: The Queen of Love
    • Innoruuk: The Prince of Hate
    • Karana: The Rainkeeper
    • Mithaniel Marr: The Lightbearer
    • Prexus: The Oceanlord
    • Quellious: The Tranquil
    • Rallos Zek: The Warlord
    • Rodcet Nife: The Prime Healer
    • Solusek Ro: The Burning Prince, Lord of Flame
    • The Tribunal: The Six Hammers
    • Tunare: The Mother of All
    • Veeshan: The Wurm Queen
  • These players, acting as deities, will have access to limited abilities ingame to support dynamic events, building on the long-standing Guide system. This may include events like:
    • Spawning deity-specific mobs with improved loot throughout the open-world
    • Spawning a deity-specific champion to assist players in a fight
    • Providing a temporary blessing to a group of players
    • Scheduling and organizing raid events in the open-world
    • Organizing fights with other deities
    • These events may not happen in instances
  • The extent of a deity's power is based on the number of active players who select them. Deities will accrue "divinity power", similar to mana, that they can consume to appear to players and provide challenges to them. This will be capped to 10% of the total divinity power accrued by all deities
  • Deities will be ranked based on total mana consumed over the last week
  • A deity's rank will confer a blessing in the form of a static buff to all players who select them
    • The blessing increases base stats, damage, healing and item drop bonus that triggers on the death of each mob
    • This blessing will scale downward based on the number of selectors such that a top-ranked deity with a large number of selectors may will provide a blessing that is worse than a lower-ranked but less popular deity
  • Each week, the bottom 5 ranked deities will be required to schedule and trigger an event where they must battle for their life in an open-world fight where players may either chose to defend or attack the deity
    • If the deity dies, the person controlling them will be removed and after week a new player will be chosen to take control of the deity
    • If a deity lives, their followers will receive an additional persistent buff for one week
    • The deity's level and abilities scale with the current level cap of the server
    • If this event does not happen a deity will be spawned and be game-controlled
  • Players can change deities at temples for a deity, but are still limited based on race/class selection
  • This experimental TLP is being used to pioneer a revised Guide system for Live servers and future TLPs