EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Money on what? that the new server avg max pop will be higher than Yelinak?
No. That "The encounter locking will generally only deter those people whom you want it to deter."

That's a crock of shit, and you know it. FTE is going to piss off the average players to no end when they can't get a single named killed due to the people who will be using 3rd party software to target and engage the named mobs before they even render on the average players game client. To insinuate that the average gamer is going to be ok with getting ganked 100% of the time, is complete bullshit.

Sure. At first, the average gamers are going to be like "finally a server that will kill off the bad guys! Hurray!" Then after they start finding out that it essentially guarantees all named spawns go to the farmers and not them, it is going to be a whole fuck ton of "Fuck this shit! I'm out of here!"

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
FTE works if you also have random loot so that no one can lockdown any one spawn.

It kills powerleveling which is the only problem that people complain about all the damn time. I don't care why they complain.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
No. That "The encounter locking will generally only deter those people whom you want it to deter."

That's a crock of shit, and you know it. FTE is going to piss off the average players to no end when they can't get a single named killed due to the people who will be using 3rd party software to target and engage the named mobs before they even render on the average players game client. To insinuate that the average gamer is going to be ok with getting ganked 100% of the time, is complete bullshit.

Sure. At first, the average gamers are going to be like "finally a server that will kill off the bad guys! Hurray!" Then after they start finding out that it essentially guarantees all named spawns go to the farmers and not them, it is going to be a whole fuck ton of "Fuck this shit! I'm out of here!"

I am sure there will be people who in the begining are going to go around and do this but I really doubt it will last long. Of course alot depends on the small details on how it works and we wont really know until the server is out but I still stick to my prediction that the server will be more popular than Yelinak but less popular than Mischief.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must.
1681240562031.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I am sure there will be people who in the begining are going to go around and do this but I really doubt it will last long. Of course alot depends on the small details on how it works and we wont really know until the server is out but I still stick to my prediction that the server will be more popular than Yelinak but less popular than Mischief.

The only reason it won't last long is because how quickly the server's going to die out

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Actually I think the server will keep the casuals the best.
The hardcore raiders only add flux to the average - meaning they log in during raid time, then they log off.

The FTE mechanics will mean zilch to most casuals - they already don't camp Freeti, FBSS, etc in classic, they just grind characters to 50 and play fairly consistently. Then, they play for raids - their avg playtime doing non-farming content is significantly higher.

Elderan is probably spot on with the bonuses helping casuals. Kronolord farming affects maybe less than 5% of the playerbase who actively participate, but that 5% does tend to ruin it for the 95% that don't participate in it. But Daybreak knows they can still make money. The casuals are going to have a better time than not having FTE in, and they're going to be willing to spend more.

This is likely why Daybreak isn't making major changes. They know it'll be financially viable even with outrage. Krono farmers aren't giving them a fuckton of money. Even the box armies aren't giving them $.

And if it's not successful, they always have next year's TLP to make something more in line with the data they get.

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The hardcore raiders only add flux to the average - meaning they log in during raid time, then they log off.

The FTE mechanics will mean zilch to most casuals - they already don't camp Freeti, FBSS, etc in classic, they just grind characters to 50 and play fairly consistently. Then, they play for raids - their avg playtime doing non-farming content is significantly higher.

Elderan is probably spot on with the bonuses helping casuals. Kronolord farming affects maybe less than 5% of the playerbase who actively participate, but that 5% does tend to ruin it for the 95% that don't participate in it. But Daybreak knows they can still make money. The casuals are going to have a better time than not having FTE in, and they're going to be willing to spend more.

This is likely why Daybreak isn't making major changes. They know it'll be financially viable even with outrage. Krono farmers aren't giving them a fuckton of money. Even the box armies aren't giving them $.

And if it's not successful, they always have next year's TLP to make something more in line with the data they get.

I am open to the idea that FTE is going to go unnoticed unless you're a batphone raider, kronolord or generic asshole. I just think it's going to be kind of a mess for everyone though. The basic inability to help people rubs me the wrong way and that's just one little bit.

What I really wish is the rest of the server was more interesting. Sixteen weeks of PoP with the unlock for that era being bonus coin from monsters? Oof.

• 1Solidarity

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am open to the idea that FTE is going to go unnoticed unless you're a batphone raider, kronolord or generic asshole. I just think it's going to be kind of a mess for everyone though. The basic inability to help people rubs me the wrong way and that's just one little bit.

What I really wish is the rest of the server was more interesting. Sixteen weeks of PoP with the unlock for that era being bonus coin from monsters? Oof.

The one great thing Vaniki did, even though it was a total failure in population terms, is that it kept most of the regular tlp toxic players off Yelinak. Since there is only one server this time around those people will surely infest the new server as normal causing more issues than happened on Yelinak.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Not following what makes you believe this is somehow worse for Kronolords and better for casuals. The 25% loot modifier in Kunark? The 25% faction modifier in Velious?

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What casuals are going to play on this server? Why would a casual be interested in this server? It is nothing new save for locked out expansion based progressive benefits that mean nothing until a lot later and a brand new cannot possibly be exploited agro system.

Whoopie........................

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually, I wish the company would have the balls to do this,

Copy Mischief with one exception.

No Krono.

Would be interesting to see how well that server would do.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Not following what makes you believe this is somehow worse for kKronolords and better for casuals. The 25% loot modifier in Kunark? The 25% faction modifier in Velious?
Man, the Velious faction grind will be awful if you can't tag anything for faction. Getting a tag on an OW kill or even just doing the throne room guys is far faster than any other option.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Actually, I wish the company would have the balls to do this,

Copy Mischief with one exception.

No Krono.

Would be interesting to see how well that server would do.

You can still exchange Krono on other servers. This would just make scams a lot more common, and places like Redguides a lot more money, while making less money for DPG.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Man, the Velious faction grind will be awful if you can't tag anything for faction. Getting a tag on an OW kill or even just doing the throne room guys is far faster than any other option.

We need the FAQ to come out. Does an inability to damage or land spells on a locked mob also mean you cannot be on its aggro list or otherwise interact with it. My gut says you can still get faction hits but maybe not.