EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Starts getting juicy about page 40.

You know it's was a good thread when you see how many of the people posting in it got banned along the way.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
What happened to Tiggles? He was funny! I enjoyed his talk of leading raids for Cohh's bunch.

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
We had an officer named Tigglebitties in WR for a time. Not sure if that is the same person?

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did a little forum searching. Still trying to understand who the major players have been / are, on recent TLP's. Names I see mentioned frequently. Here is what I came up with. Does this sound right? Missing anything?

Zaide = Faceless on various TLP's but Mischief currently.
Mabbu = Various guilds on multiple servers, recently Bind Rush on Vaniki? Rumored to be starting a guild on new TLP?
Vicious = Various guilds on multiple servers, recently Bind Rush on Vaniki? Rumored to be starting a guild on new TLP?
Atabashi = TEB on Aradune. Retired?
Krims = In Virtue ( somewhere ) Nothing But Nice on Aradune? and Greed is Good on Mischief. Retired?
Are you writing a book?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Selo was amazing and probably the best experience out of all of them for me(even if it was insanely silly during the half lockout thing). Mischief was fun, but the greed of that server was just too much for me. I dont play to build krono, and it felt like that was basically the point of that server. To each their own.

Bad part is I dunno how they put that genie back in the bottle for this TLP or future ones. The players have tasted that forbidden fruit and will want it on top of anything new.

• 1Solidarity

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, maybe you should go down the rabbit hole that is Fires Of Heaven. Lot's of drama over the years. Lots of changing faces. And then everyone grew up...mostly.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Selo was amazing and probably the best experience out of all of them for me(even if it was insanely silly during the half lockout thing). Mischief was fun, but the greed of that server was just too much for me. I dont play to build krono, and it felt like that was basically the point of that server. To each their own.

Bad part is I dunno how they put that genie back in the bottle for this TLP or future ones. The players have tasted that forbidden fruit and will want it on top of anything new.
That feeling really went away once the normal early TLP shitters faded.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Man that Selo's thread... Sieger seems like a solid dude.

Yeah lots of fun drama in that one and the Agnarr thread. I should go back and read the Ragefire/Lockjaw threads even though I missed those servers.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Starts getting juicy about page 40.

What post # is that? I think different people have different "posts per page" settings so the pages will be different for them.

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
My neighbor dipped his toe into the rabbit hole and played Valheim with me and he’s absolutely loving it. I told him about the TLPs and he’s pumped to try out eq, but I was wondering if I should just let him live his life without getting sucked into this shit.

great guy, but I can see a touch of addictive personality and I’d hate for his wife to hate me, because she’s a decent person too.

tough call, should I bring him into the house of the rising sun, or let him stay pure ?
A month after launch and the dude is buried in zone connection maps and DPS spreadsheets. His wife gets lonely and starts fucking the neighbor ... oh, wait ... that's you.
Yeah, I see what you're up to, homewrecker!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Hah, he somehow works for a big oil company running valves from his house and he already fucks off 70% of the day, so I can see EQ doing him in. His wife is cool and cute, but I am already becoming the bad habit friend. I can feel it in her hugs.

he also has a little princess for a daughter and I feel like unlike my sons - who are actually kind of cool - what the fuck can you really enjoy with the princess daughter? So yeah, video games give him a break from her

anyway, I think I’ll either let him dip his toe into it and make sure I warn him about balance and what not.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Hah, he somehow works for a big oil company running valves from his house and he already fucks off 70% of the day, so I can see EQ doing him in. His wife is cool and cute, but I am already becoming the bad habit friend. I can feel it in her hugs.

he also has a little princess for a daughter and I feel like unlike my sons - who are actually kind of cool - what the fuck can you really enjoy with the princess daughter? So yeah, video games give him a break from her

anyway, I think I’ll either let him dip his toe into it and make sure I warn him about balance and what not.
If you have someone with a stable life, don't introduce this fucking game to them. You know better.

Plenty of online degens that will generally play with people. Don't ruin solid people's lives with this shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Do people actually get hooked into this 24 year old game without the strong nostalgia factor?

• 1Worf

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Do people actually get hooked into this 24 year old game without the strong nostalgia factor?
9507f11c3c5dc52e7efc43e6546d9e80.gif

Drugs are drugs, man.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I knew a dude that first started playing on Agnarr, having never played the game before. He just really had no clue what he was doing (fortunately he was already worthless being a rogue in classic) but he was a funny guy.

Skip to Mischief and he's boxing on raids and running a four box on his own.

If you stay in the NewPlayers channel, you'd be surprised at how many total newbies come around. It's not a lot but more than the zero one might think.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users