EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What I'm hearing is the new TLP is going to be called Mischief and launch April 27th starting with The Buried Sea. Early access is available today.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What I'm hearing is the new TLP is going to be called Mischief and launch April 27th starting with The Buried Sea. Early access is available today.

Nice! Yeah, sounds like I'm staying on Yelinak.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Nice! Yeah, sounds like I'm staying on Yelinak.

Gates of Discord start TLP also April 27th! So many things April 27th!

edit - going to hope experimental means something like all races can be all classes.

• 1Like

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The guy from The EverQuest Show responded on the official forums about this.

"Thank you for the kind words! And for supporting the channel....

A little tease, about the tease....

The interview will go live this week, so subscribe so you know when it drops...

She does expand upon this a bit, including how it could impact live servers...

So there IS more info..... but there will also be some unanswered questions. Stay tuned!"

Fading

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The guy from The EverQuest Show responded on the official forums about this.

"Thank you for the kind words! And for supporting the channel....

A little tease, about the tease....

The interview will go live this week, so subscribe so you know when it drops...

She does expand upon this a bit, including how it could impact live servers...

So there IS more info..... but there will also be some unanswered questions. Stay tuned!"

Fading
Can’t wait to see how this evolves.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1678685733718.png

Such experimental, much wow.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
JChan saying "TLP" instead of "TLPs" means we're not getting a boxing server this year :(

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
The "could impact live servers" line is the interesting bit. What connection is there between tlp and live servers? Only one I can think of: kronos.
I think they're going to make a "krono-less" server - you can still pay for your sub by krono (since that's technically outside the game) but they will somehow block the trading of krono on the server. No more, "WTS cool shit - 2kr".
It would certainly make the game economy far more interesting.

• 1Like

Zish

Trakanon Raider
The "could impact live servers" line is the interesting bit. What connection is there between tlp and live servers? Only one I can think of: kronos.
I think they're going to make a "krono-less" server - you can still pay for your sub by krono (since that's technically outside the game) but they will somehow block the trading of krono on the server. No more, "WTS cool shit - 2kr".
The server would instantly be DOA.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Baulkin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm going to guess they are removing flagging / keying from some expansions and not starting in classic. That would effect live.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
All they have to do it not screw this up. When they mention experimental it makes me think they are going to screw it up....

• 1Solidarity

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
JChan saying "TLP" instead of "TLPs" means we're not getting a boxing server this year :(
Experimental could mean a server without truebox!

I'm wondering if it's going to be a season based thing which gives rewards for your live server maybe, feels like they've done small parts of that on previous TLPs

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Idiotic idea

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
"She does expand upon this a bit, including how it could impact live servers..."

Anything that isn't in the norm that could 'impact' instead of 'transfer to' live servers sounds like they're changing something fundamental that isn't available in general to exist on this one server, and when they merge it into live, that one thing will still exist by design.

I am in the "it's gotta be something related to character creation" boat, because literally nothing else in the TLPs would affect live besides gimmick servers which grant rewards on live.

• 1Like

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Might be a pipe dream but, changing class balance up to a certain level would be interesting. Would be nice to move away from CasterQuest / MeleeQuest depending on what era your in.

• 1Worf

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everyone's base run speed is 175%

I'd make it 50% base run speed and change the entire game into a grueling slog of "I'm fucked" whenever you get an add solo.

Training would be almost impossible.

• 1Like