EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
People tend to not take autojoin off on their boxes. I know I'm guilty of this and most boxers I know are guilty of this. Also one of the things that were called out in prior server general chat postings was that the mass boxers, 36-72+ people, had all of their characters permanently in multiple general chat channels. Authority had called this out before on 2 different servers where he saw the group of people who all 72+ box had their entire armies filling up 3-4 general chat channels with only their boxes.

This is why nobody believes anything you say. Your lies are so ridiculous that it's clear to everyone you either have a personality disorder or serious brain damage.

3-4 chat channels would equal 1200-1600 boxes. That's 16-22 people all 72 boxing at the same time.

You're fucking retarded

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
This is why nobody believes anything you say. Your lies are so ridiculous that it's clear to everyone you either have a personality disorder or serious brain damage.

3-4 chat channels would equal 1200-1600 boxes. That's 16-22 people all 72 boxing at the same time.

You're fucking retarded

Lol logged back in real quick just to respond to this because it was so insane, but going to be my last one, gotta go.

You didn't think that response through did you? You gotta love the irony when someone calls someone else retarded in a post, yet fails to realize how retarded their own post is. I almost wonder if after you posted it, you realized how dumb of a post that was and are hoping that others don't realize it.

3-4 chat channels does not equal 1200-1600 boxes.
It's the same 200-300+ boxes joined in 3-4 different general channels. That's how it was able to spotted to begin with. There were general chat channels in the higher numbers like 8 9 10 etc or in the teens that all had the same exact character names in it, and turned out they were all the mass boxers.
You might not be the smartest guy judging based on your response, so I'll try to explain it like I would a toddler.
I have 72 boxes. I then take my 72 boxes and join 4 different general chat channels on all 72 boxes. How many characters total did I just contribute to the overall general chat population as 1 person? 72 x 4 = 288 total, or 72 characters per channel. I then go to my other 3 friends and say hey join these same general chat channels on your 72 box armies. Well now its 4 (72 x 4) which = 1152 total we've added to the general chat population as 4 people, or 288 total per channel. However this is just an over simplification, as we know some of these guys run well over 72.

Did you really just forget there for a second in the middle of your rage typing that you can join more than 1 channel per character? I was tempted to just repeat what you said back to you as my closing statement considering your serious lack of thought there, but I didn't want to be mean. However, that post reached borderline levels of stupidity and laughable immaturity that will invalidate anything you ever say again.

Have a good day.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Lol logged back in real quick just to respond to this because it was so insane, but going to be my last one, gotta go.

You didn't think that response through did you? You gotta love the irony when someone calls someone else retarded in a post, yet fails to realize how retarded their own post is. I almost wonder if after you posted it, you realized how dumb of a post that was and are hoping that others don't realize it.

3-4 chat channels does not equal 1200-1600 boxes.
It's the same 200-300+ boxes joined in 3-4 different general channels. That's how it was able to spotted to begin with. There were general chat channels in the higher numbers like 8 9 10 etc or in the teens that all had the same exact character names in it, and turned out they were all the mass boxers.
You might not be the smartest guy judging based on your response, so I'll try to explain it like I would a toddler.
I have 72 boxes. I then take my 72 boxes and join 4 different general chat channels on all 72 boxes. How many characters total did I just contribute to the overall general chat population as 1 person? 72 x 4 = 288 total, or 72 characters per channel. I then go to my other 3 friends and say hey join these same general chat channels on your 72 box armies. Well now its 4 (72 x 4) which = 1152 total we've added to the general chat population as 4 people, or 288 total per channel. However this is just an over simplification, as we know some of these guys run well over 72.

Did you really just forget there for a second in the middle of your rage typing that you can join more than 1 channel per character? I was tempted to just repeat what you said back to you as my closing statement considering your serious lack of thought there, but I didn't want to be mean. However, that post reached borderline levels of stupidity and laughable immaturity that will invalidate anything you ever say again.

Have a good day.

Holy shit, that's even dumber. I can't believe I gave you more credit than you deserve

You're trying to hard to lie about Aradune's popularity that you're not just claiming people forgot to log out of general on their boxes, no that would actually make a little sense. You're actually saying that all the 72 boxers got together and decided to fill up multiple high level chat channels FOR NO REASON other than to invalidate Elderan Elderan 's methodology years before anyone even knew about it.

That's almost as dumb as you claiming to have beat up 3 Navy SEALs. Then when made fun of for it, tried to play it off like Navy SEALs are really just computer nerds and its no big deal. Your lies to cover your other lies just dig your retarded holes deeper and deeper.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can someone explain WHY these frenzics and toxns would be mass joining general chats?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
ROI vs FOH was a far better contest. Both guilds had expansion wins and the race targets were divided in each expac before FOH dissolved. Most races since have felt a lot less even. OGC never gave me the impression that it was sparring anywhere close to evenly with AOS until AOS had basically defeated itself.

I didn't realize ROI and FOH ever battled. I thought FOH petered out before ROI's time. Didn't ROI get started on Combine, or somewhere in that timeframe, doing their own guild progression?

I remember Triality and Crimson Tempest dividing wins after FOH fell and before ROI rose. Maybe my memory is completely jacked up.

Also OGC was sparring a lot closer to even with AOS than you remember. Yeah AOS self-imploded eventually (Solteris), but even on the self-implosion the two guilds were basically tied, or one event apart, going through Solteris. Some expansions were minutes apart, with third place happening days later. Things like the Tunat and Vish kills were separated by like 1-3 minutes. If AOS even so much as botched a heal, OGC was right there breathing down their neck. The only time this didn't happen was OOW, which I believe was due to some kind of bug that caused OGC to have to wait a week to start Anguish.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I can't objectively agree that phinny was the peak for server firsts as much as I would want it to be. Phinny was only 2 guilds racing, and the expansion racing didn't start until Luclin. Tmk OGC didn't race classic or kunark, and the only racing they did in velious was to try and get in to ST before AoS woke sleeper, was never a plan to go for Vulak for the win. The first expansion where Dima actually had a plan to race for server first was Luclin.

That's right, Luclin was the first one OGC really competed on and they won it. Before that they did the ST thing but not much else, guild was still on the way up.

I wouldn't say Phinny was only two guilds racing. There was definite potential for other guilds to enter the first tier. EoE was also always going for the server wins and would generally be 1st among all the non AOS/OGC guilds, maybe a day behind the big two. Cult of Chaos also caught up to that level and beat EoE a few times for third. Later when AOS was gone and a lot of their members split among OGC and EoE, I thought EoE would make a real go at competing with OGC, but it didn't really happen. Then EoE merged with Resolute, but still no real competition happened. They were still a strong second place that was doing current content well into the lategame, and Rosengard hanged in there raiding at a top level for ages too.

We need to get the Godfather in here for comment. Doubt he'll see it here, but

::rubs a lamp:: Paging D Dima

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Can someone explain WHY these frenzics and toxns would be mass joining general chats?
The only real reason is if you're alt-tabbing between screens now and then and see someone in a channel WTB MQ/loot rights to certain things that you regularly kill, and even that is a stretch.

I 24 boxed on Rizlona and about half of my toons auto joined general and half didn't. The reason? I just forgot to uncheck the box on some of them. It's not as deep as some people are making it out to be.

AtabishiRetired

Peasant

The majority of boxers just autojoin out of laziness, but the mass botters doing it intentionally is a fact. It has been noticed on several servers especially in the early eras of a server. Why they do it is left up to much conspiracy and I've never seen definitive proof of the answer. One theory that I've heard quite a few times and makes the most sense to me is that the servers in which they choose to heavily invest their time in, they have a huge incentive to make the server appear as populated as possible in order to draw in more people. The more populated the server appears, the better it is for them in terms of krono gains. I've had several people tell me that Elderan is either one of the big mass boxers or some how connected with that group. Never seen proof or an admission of this so that could be entirely inaccurate, but I had a discord conversation with the two 32 boxers that existed on Aradune and they mentioned it, and was also told the same thing by another big boxer from mangler. Was told this was the main reason he pushes the general chat number as that is a number the botters can manipulate. Again I dunno if this theory is true, or maybe part of it is true and part of it isn't, i dunno. Just what makes most sense to me out of the several different things I've heard.

That's right, Luclin was the first one OGC really competed on and they won it. Before that they did the ST thing but not much else, guild was still on the way up.

The OGC win in luclin is something that's always funny to me when I really think back at it. It was a perfect storm. Literally every single thing went right for OGC to win that and everything had to go wrong for AOS to lose it.
-AoS didn't really know OGC was taking luclin serious (if you look back at forum posts, many AoS members posted they didn't know OGC was even planning to race Luclin)
-AoS wins if the GM's didn't respond to Dima when he told them the emp click up was broken in DZ's and didn't require a key and that AoS were planning to use it day one.
-AoS wins if dima isn't able to snipe the rifts on AoS OW kill, since at that time both OGC and AoS were locked out of emp DZ.
-AoS wins if dima wasn't able to sneak in our emp DZ kill by having all of our mains out in key zones while a small group of boxes were in the DZ starting the emp cycle, making AoS completely oblivious that we were just about to zone in to DZ with emp at the zone line.

Dima truly solo carried that entire thing.

I unfortunately lost a lot of my desire to play phinny after the PoP launch where AoS corpse banked 18 lvl 65's in order to guarantee the expansion win. I completely understand why they did it though, they absolutely couldn't risk losing a second expansion in a row and also that was a tactic Dima had used against them on a prior server. But that big of an exploit to win just made me lose motivation to race on that server. It was probably a good thing AoS won pop though in terms of all the future races they had. AoS might have imploded if they lost a second expansion in a row.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dima also single-handedly kept Phinny alive expansion after expansion by working with lower-tier guilds to help them stay competitive and keep the server population strong, knowing that if lower-tier guilds dried up, so too would OGC's recruitment pool. I don't think many people realize what a public service he did behind the scenes for that server.

Just remembered another bit of juicy drama from Back On Phinny that happened later than most people here would have seen it. During the Claws of Veeshan expansion: When Resolute-EoE (2nd place guild on the server at that point, had also absorbed like half of Cult of Chaos) reached a level of attrition where they couldn't continue raiding current stuff, OGC tried doing a joint raid schedule with them. This lasted like a week. OGC did the weakest current-era target (Zlandicar) on their own on an off day, assuming Reso could do it themselves whenever as well. OGC has been pretty casual for a while and doing easier targets outside of raid nights was a normal thing.

When it was joint raid time the Reso people flipped out that OGC did a target without them and basically ragequit from the raid alliance, as well as the entire server itself.

It was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
Dima also single-handedly kept Phinny alive expansion after expansion by working with lower-tier guilds to help them stay competitive and keep the server population strong, knowing that if lower-tier guilds dried up, so too would OGC's recruitment pool. I don't think many people realize what a public service he did behind the scenes for that server.

Yeah it wasn't Dima's first attempt at trying to make it to live on a TLP. He learned from his past mistakes on other servers, especially Fippy, for what it actually took to make it all the way to the end.

Last edited:

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
The majority of boxers just autojoin out of laziness, but the mass botters doing it intentionally is a fact. It has been noticed on several servers especially in the early eras of a server. Why they do it is left up to much conspiracy and I've never seen definitive proof of the answer. One theory that I've heard quite a few times and makes the most sense to me is that the servers in which they choose to heavily invest their time in, they have a huge incentive to make the server appear as populated as possible in order to draw in more people. The more populated the server appears, the better it is for them in terms of krono gains. I've had several people tell me that Elderan is either one of the big mass boxers or some how connected with that group. Never seen proof or an admission of this so that could be entirely inaccurate, but I had a discord conversation with the two 32 boxers that existed on Aradune and they mentioned it, and was also told the same thing by another big boxer from mangler. Was told this was the main reason he pushes the general chat number as that is a number the botters can manipulate. Again I dunno if this theory is true, or maybe part of it is true and part of it isn't, i dunno. Just what makes most sense to me out of the several different things I've heard.

That is an interesting theory :cool:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That is an interesting theory :cool:

FOH reporter Regime here

GIF by KARE 11

Elderan Elderan can you comment on the allegations put forth by A AtabishiRetired that you are making the servers appear larger than it seems? We have noticed you posting population graphs and our anonymous source also has you at 🌮 Taco Bell 🔔 around 2 am during the Mischief launch buying Baja Blast so others can’t enjoy.

thanks

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
FOH reporter Regime here, Elderan Elderan can you comment on the allegations put forth by A AtabishiRetired that you are making the servers appear larger than it seems? We have noticed you posting population graphs and our anonymous source also has you at 🌮 Taco Bell 🔔 around 2 am during the Mischief launch buying Baja Blast so others can’t enjoy.

thanks

Considering these type of large boxers have been on every server since Agnarr I would see no reason to inflate numbers to make any server look better than another. Plus these numbers are not wildly different per server. Most servers are only 10-20% better or worse than another server. Most primary servers numbers are pretty consistent between each other when expansion and time since opened it taken into account.

Plus I have not eaten Taco Bell in like 15 years.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On a scale of 1 to 10 how many liters of baja blast are you drinking right now?

• 1Worf

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Was it GoD that was just a few minutes apart? Omens was where zoning out of MPG trials the correct way was part of getting the flag which fucked them right?

Yeah they/Dima wanted the first achievement for zoning into Anguish so he kicked the DZ and like half the people didn't get their flags. They still would've lost because they had less people flagged for Anguish but it would've been an hour or 2 rather then Days.

GoD was "close," OGC was on like Fake Tunat when we killed real Tunat... But they agreed prior to launch that all the Key mobs in Txevu needed to be killed to "win the race"
They skipped Champ and HP in the DZ and went straight for Zun. So even though they're were like an hour behind going into Txevu they entered Tacvi like 5-10 mins before us.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Alright, I'll come clean. I've been logging into every General channel on every TLP since Phinny with 300 boxes. This was done solely to generate content on the FOH boards and was subsidized by an anonymous benefactor who is an ex professional athlete.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Wait, are you literally taking kills site numbers on guilds to try and prove something but then also same time negating that kills sites had mischief peaking at 14 guilds classic-pop? LOL I mean if you are going to use kill site numbers that is just based on voluntary information, then you also have to say mischief only had 3 raiding guilds in classic....lol

Aradune's peak raid guilds was Kunark at 41. It remained over 30 all the way to PoP. Aradune's peak also had at least 10 guilds with over 100 active raiding members. And 2 guilds with over 200 active raiders. Mischief had what, 1-2 guilds classic-pop with over 100 active members?
As the guild leader of a casual raid guild back on Aradune, I can attest to one very important fact when trying to use statistics to prove trends as they relate to EverQuest.

That is... Aradune was a special server that drew a LOT of people back to the game purely based on the fact that it was a tribute to Brad McQuaid. Love or hate him, the guy meant a lot to many people that grew up playing EverQuest. For the vast majority of EverQuest gamers, EverQuest was their first MMORPG, and Brad McQuaid (deservedly or not) was the "founder" of that first MMORPG experience. I get it. He wasn't a great guy, and he made a lot of enemies, but to the average EverQuest gamer, he was an important part of a hobby that they had been involved in for over two decades.

The point is, the numbers on Aradune were inflated because of special circumstances as described above. If you are trying to look at statistical data to determine TLP server rule sets that are popular, Aradune should never be used in the dataset. You will get faulty assumptions using that data.

Phinigel was a mega success because of a great rule set AND circumstances that lead up to it's creation. You have to remember that Phinny came around after the whole bot army hell that was Ragefire. Phinny changed a lot about EverQuest TLPs and created the blueprint for it's continued success. So, of course, it would have high numbers.

Mischief was an absolute game changer though. Mischief took everything that Phinny did right, and added what the masses had been wanting for a very long time; access to the best of the best gear with out making the game their second job.

Mischief was lightning in a bottle, and the fact that DBG/Darkpaw is not continuing the Mischief trend is a mega indicator of just how out of touch they are with their customer base.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users