EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The only real reason is if you're alt-tabbing between screens now and then and see someone in a channel WTB MQ/loot rights to certain things that you regularly kill, and even that is a stretch.

Except that doesn't even make sense because there's nobody in any of the channels except for a few other 72 boxers.

Just another lie from AtabishiRetarded.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah they/Dima wanted the first achievement for zoning into Anguish so he kicked the DZ and like half the people didn't get their flags. They still would've lost because they had less people flagged for Anguish but it would've been an hour or 2 rather then Days.

GoD was "close," OGC was on like Fake Tunat when we killed real Tunat... But they agreed prior to launch that all the Key mobs in Txevu needed to be killed to "win the race"
They skipped Champ and HP in the DZ and went straight for Zun. So even though they're were like an hour behind going into Txevu they entered Tacvi like 5-10 mins before us.

OGC was not above all kinds of underhanded tricks to get the win, that's for sure. I actually like their chutzpah. It kept the spice flowing.

Later on they mellowed out a LOT once AoS was out of the picture.

Too bad they probably won't be competing on any more servers, Phinny was the last one for Citizen as a group.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
It’s really hard to compare the AoC servers to the pre AoC era where survival meant competition. Every mob each day being a guaranteed race/sock/drama was insane.

I do think for racing for server firsts I’d say OGC vs AoS was peak competition imo. Iirc FoH died in Velious, so while they split the first three expansions it was pretty short. OGC was often right behind AoS right? They won Luclin and Didn’t they lose Omens by a few minutes? I know this DoN video shows that OGC literally had Vishimtar at 0% when the AoS Vishimtar died for the server first. Unbelievably close.

I didn't realize OGC had a video of this, first time I've seen it. That was probably the most stressful night I've ever had in EQ. I had everything planned out for us and ended up getting ddos'd for like 2 hours, had to text a lot of my instructions lol. What a disaster, but we barely pulled it out. Our Vish kill was super clean though and it seems to be what made the difference.

Omens we won by a day or 2 but they had an issue with a lockout. Our omens plan was pretty clean though, I had put together 24 people that we would key and clear with, although it did create a bit of a rift. I think we increased the number of people we keyed once we got such a large lead.

Gates of Discord was a pretty close race, I think it was under 10 minutes difference. I'm thinking it was 6 minutes but I don't honestly remember at this point.

I don't think I was an officer in Luclin, but Luclin was quite funny. I don't know how Dima was able to get the GMs attention so quickly, but it definitely won them that expansion. Although I believe Dima wanted to reach AHR legitimately, and they cleared their way up there. We just warped a mage up there and cothed everyone lol. Almost ended up still winning because of that, they zoned into Vex Thal hours before us and the kills were a few minutes apart. Good times.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Alright, I'll come clean. I've been logging into every General channel on every TLP since Phinny with 300 boxes. This was done solely to generate content on the FOH boards and was subsidized by an anonymous benefactor who is an ex professional athlete.

Kurt Schilling. DAMMIT! How far does this thing go??

1681315470732.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I unfortunately lost a lot of my desire to play phinny after the PoP launch where AoS corpse banked 18 lvl 65's in order to guarantee the expansion win. I completely understand why they did it though, they absolutely couldn't risk losing a second expansion in a row and also that was a tactic Dima had used against them on a prior server. But that big of an exploit to win just made me lose motivation to race on that server. It was probably a good thing AoS won pop though in terms of all the future races they had. AoS might have imploded if they lost a second expansion in a row.
Warping CoTH bots in VT is totally Kosher though, right?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I didn't realize OGC had a video of this, first time I've seen it. That was probably the most stressful night I've ever had in EQ. I had everything planned out for us and ended up getting ddos'd for like 2 hours, had to text a lot of my instructions lol. What a disaster, but we barely pulled it out. Our Vish kill was super clean though and it seems to be what made the difference.

Omens we won by a day or 2 but they had an issue with a lockout. Our omens plan was pretty clean though, I had put together 24 people that we would key and clear with, although it did create a bit of a rift. I think we increased the number of people we keyed once we got such a large lead.

Gates of Discord was a pretty close race, I think it was under 10 minutes difference. I'm thinking it was 6 minutes but I don't honestly remember at this point.

I don't think I was an officer in Luclin, but Luclin was quite funny. I don't know how Dima was able to get the GMs attention so quickly, but it definitely won them that expansion. Although I believe Dima wanted to reach AHR legitimately, and they cleared their way up there. We just warped a mage up there and cothed everyone lol. Almost ended up still winning because of that, they zoned into Vex Thal hours before us and the kills were a few minutes apart. Good times.

I think GoD was closer than that and Omens was further than that. I remember GoD being like a 1 minute difference and Omens being like a 7 day difference.

Not sure though, it was loooong ago.

The Vish kill was separated by 34 seconds or so. Both zoned in at the same time. Both kills must have been super clean, AoS was just a little bit cleaner and OGC missed several burden-shoulderings. Any tiny misstep costs a win at this level, and it's why I say Phinny was the most intense competition in EQ history.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I seem to recall Wild Treasures ragequitting the server after losing Two Gods in Solteris to OGC by like 30 seconds or something like that.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I wish I hadn't been such a casual shitter on Phinny, missed probably one of the best competitive raid scenes of all the TLPs ive played.

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
every time I read the sea threads it’s just like the same old nostalgic talk about the first great TLPs. Guess not missing much on new servers if I’m not botting mq2 lol.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Show us the dev post that says it won't be
Better yet, make a time machine and then come back with posts of people saying, "Wow, they really did a great job policing the many ways FTE can be exploited.", because that's literally the only way I'd believe it. If they can't bust people for 3+ boxing in Aradune, they aren't doing shit for FTE.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So is MQ the only way to bypass truebox at this point? Asking for a friend.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Show us the dev post that says it won't be

Griefing Quest NPCs is one of the few rules they actually enforce consistently and typically rather quickly. Then after enforcing the rules they often make changes to the NPC in the next patch to make it not griefable.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Griefing Quest NPCs is one of the few rules they actually enforce consistently and typically rather quickly. Then after enforcing the rules they often make changes to the NPC in the next patch to make it not griefable.
They're more than willing to enforce the rules when you train botters that are online 24/7, don't allow you to name any of the botters/cheaters on the forums and hide it behind the "no name and shame" policy, and if you are camping a spot "certain" people want, you just magically get a suspension for "what ever reason they come up with at the time". Yeah. Fuck them and their corrupt policy enforcement.

I have ZERO confidence in them enforcing the rules with FTE unless it benefits one of their friends/family that is making money off of the game and kicking it back to them.

Cisik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Honestly, this will cause such a massive uptick in CS tickets I can't believe they're going through with it

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, this will cause such a massive uptick in CS tickets I can't believe they're going through with it

I'm of the opinion their CS tickets are at least partially automated, and many of them are never read. I've submitted video of people spamming general channels with all kinds of terrible rants (racist and sexist stuff directly targeting a specific person in the game) with a private youtube link and the video was never watched.

I have also submitted video in the same manner of my own character getting suspended supposedly for "afk playing" when the entire time my character was literally doing nothing, and all the GM did was summon me. There was nothing in say, and since I was looking at the ground in permafrost the only indication I had been summoned was in the chat window that I don't read. They didn't watch that video either.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cisik

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm of the opinion their CS tickets are at least partially automated, and many of them are never read. I've submitted video of people spamming general channels with all kinds of terrible rants (racist and sexist stuff directly targeting a specific person in the game) with a private youtube link and the video was never watched.

I have also submitted video in the same manner of my own character getting suspended supposedly for "afk playing" when the entire time my character was literally doing nothing, and all the GM did was summon me. There was nothing in say, and since I was looking at the ground in permafrost the only indication I had been summoned was in the chat window that I don't read. They didn't watch that video either.

gd props for the Vorador avatar

• 1Like