EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Griefing Quest NPCs is one of the few rules they actually enforce consistently and typically rather quickly. Then after enforcing the rules they often make changes to the NPC in the next patch to make it not griefable.

There are several people planning to do this as a way to say they hate FTE. IMO they will suspend people caught doing this like holding NPCs hostage and locked. They should go pretty hard with 30 day suspensions early on of players caught doing this to stop it before it gets started.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm of the opinion their CS tickets are at least partially automated, and many of them are never read. I've submitted video of people spamming general channels with all kinds of terrible rants (racist and sexist stuff directly targeting a specific person in the game) with a private youtube link and the video was never watched.

I have also submitted video in the same manner of my own character getting suspended supposedly for "afk playing" when the entire time my character was literally doing nothing, and all the GM did was summon me. There was nothing in say, and since I was looking at the ground in permafrost the only indication I had been summoned was in the chat window that I don't read. They didn't watch that video either.

You know they can't watch the video if it's private, right?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Gonna be a lot of wizards created on this TLP. The go-to farmer box will be wizards for one reason... Staff of Temperate Flux.

This will quite literally be the easiest server to lock down all giant spawns in Rathe Mountains ever. Someone should make a wizard named Oprah had have a macro setup for clicking the staff that says "You Get A Flux! And you Get A Flux! Everybody Gets A Flux!"

Ancient Cyclops island is going to have a wizard on every corner of the island with one other group member that actually goes and kills the mob after the wizard insta-clicks it. Get ready to pay a lot for speedy boots.

Hell.. for that matter, forget ever getting a FBSS or Efreeti Boots in classic. There will be no dps race at all, so you'll be paying way more for those items as well.

Farmers are going to make bank on this server up until the server population gives up and leaves.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Not following what makes you believe this is somehow worse for Kronolords and better for casuals. The 25% loot modifier in Kunark? The 25% faction modifier in Velious?
Frustrating for Kronolords. Nearly identical for casuals.
I can't imagine most of the Kronolords being happy about being unable to DPS race.
Open world raiders probably won't even bother this iteration.

Casuals aren't going to obsess about FTE, they never obsessed about DPS racing. They're going to be like, "Aww, that sucks." and move on and buy ECTunnel Krono to get the items they want.

The casuals won't have to deal with as much hardcore players or farmers as the process of farming with encounter locks will scare away most of the degenerates, as pointed by this thread.

The bonuses are 'meh' - casuals just want a new Classic -> PoP progression server as they do each cycle. It keeps people spending.

You guys are thinking about this too much from a player benefit perspective. This server is designed to make Daybreak more money.

If you're Daybreak, you're looking for ways to make the ultra-hardcore farmers quit the game (general toxicity is higher, spending is lower among that group - none of them are likely buying anything from Daybreak), and keep the casual whales spending (whom sometimes are too scared to even go to ECTunnel and buy directly).

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
FTE isn't going to stop Kronolords from doing what they always do, it just slightly changes how they go about doing it. Hell, it might even be easier for them at first since they'll learn the ins and outs of the new system much faster than the casuals.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
FTE isn't going to stop Kronolords from doing what they always do, it just slightly changes how they go about doing it. Hell, it might even be easier for them at first since they'll learn the ins and outs of the new system much faster than the casuals.
I'm not Nostradamus, so I can't predict what will actually happen. In practice, systems like FTE locking are shit on paper, and in my experience, in practice, too.

But judging by what the outrage is actually about (FTE locking) and the people involved in the outrage (Open world raiders & farmers) I can see this going poorly for a lot of the die-hard EQ players who are up all day poopsocking, only to lose a first-to-engage to another guild and logging off.

Just going off the outrage & trying to accurately predict what Daybreak's goal was... financially, it makes sense, but companies like this always forget the human element when it comes to actually making the game enjoyable. So it probably won't be fun for their hardcore fans, and those that stick around to farm will, indeed, learn the new system (and almost certainly be frustrated by it and asking for it to be removed).

Daybreak is a business so it makes sense they'd make something that increases their profits first, and enjoyment of all players - especially the ones who aren't contributing to their bottom line and are a headache on Customer Support - comes second.

• 1Faggotry

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Already bought bags.

1681406376886.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Cisik Cisik Ravanta Ravanta Not been my experience on Selo's, Aradune, Mischief, or Yelinak ... most disruptive and toxic play has been handled within a few days or a few weeks. Going to throw out there too ... did y'all just recently create your forum accounts here?

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I'm not Nostradamus, so I can't predict what will actually happen. In practice, systems like FTE locking are shit on paper, and in my experience, in practice, too.

But judging by what the outrage is actually about (FTE locking) and the people involved in the outrage (Open world raiders & farmers) I can see this going poorly for a lot of the die-hard EQ players who are up all day poopsocking, only to lose a first-to-engage to another guild and logging off.

Just going off the outrage & trying to accurately predict what Daybreak's goal was... financially, it makes sense, but companies like this always forget the human element when it comes to actually making the game enjoyable. So it probably won't be fun for their hardcore fans, and those that stick around to farm will, indeed, learn the new system (and almost certainly be frustrated by it and asking for it to be removed).

Daybreak is a business so it makes sense they'd make something that increases their profits first, and enjoyment of all players - especially the ones who aren't contributing to their bottom line and are a headache on Customer Support - comes second.

Not a programmer ... but would this simplify the gameplay loop? If the original "tagging" code tried to handle every single edge case, wouldn't throwing that out and redoing it make sense?

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
Cisik Cisik Ravanta Ravanta Not been my experience on Selo's, Aradune, Mischief, or Yelinak ... most disruptive and toxic play has been handled within a few days or a few weeks. Going to throw out there too ... did y'all just recently create your forum accounts here?

One click on my profile will confirm that it was created in 2017. You can review my post history on FoH, which of course is rather sporadic, but still...click the profile link.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Not a programmer ... but would this simplify the gameplay loop? If the original "tagging" code tried to handle every single edge case, wouldn't throwing that out and redoing it make sense?
Yes. It would if they did it properly.

The best way to handle this fairly is:
-The code would not take into consideration anything but hate list interaction directly targeting an NPC - so taunt would work, instant cast nukes, spinstuns, etc would work, and initial aggro of an npc would work via being KOS.

This would pretty much make the FTE on contested camps truly random - you could even aggro via a server tick over someone spamming spinstuns if you're lucky enough.

This would make the experience frustrating for farmers, but I think that's the goal of this design.