EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not at all concerned about FTE. My bots fire off at millisecond speed, each one operating independently. Then again, you'd never catch me farming hill giants~

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
There are several people planning to do this as a way to say they hate FTE. IMO they will suspend people caught doing this like holding NPCs hostage and locked. They should go pretty hard with 30 day suspensions early on of players caught doing this to stop it before it gets started.
There is a reason everyone I know that is planning to play on this server is doing so on fresh accounts. :)

But judging by what the outrage is actually about (FTE locking) and the people involved in the outrage (Open world raiders & farmers)
I think you have a bit of selection bias here. The EQ discord and forums were blowing up with near universal 'wtf' when the announcement went up. This has nothing to do with raiders vs griefers vs casuals. This has to do with classic MMO players vs wrong-headed and cancerous dev interference.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I think you have a bit of selection bias here. The EQ discord and forums were blowing up with near universal 'wtf' when the announcement went up. This has nothing to do with raiders vs griefers vs casuals. This has to do with classic MMO players vs wrong-headed and cancerous dev interference.
On the contrary, I think their decisions have nothing to do with raiders, griefers, etc - just behaviors.

I'm using my own selection bias as a way to understand the issue, but the crux of the issue is that this server seems to be a corporate response to higher CSR ticket volume and actually has nothing to do with developers understanding their game. I don't think anyone working there understands, fundamentally, what EQ is, and frankly I'm not sure they care as long as they're getting a paycheck.

Their idea is, "If we don't have to police the content as there's a way to lock mobs via first to engage and take the system from EQ2, which has lower CSR costs, we will lower CSR ticket volume and thus they can be freed up, as EQ2 does."

I don't think it has anything to do with game design, personally. I think that's last on their mind. I think this server is for Daybreak to have less pressure, not for the players to enjoy.

The problem is, they're going to have new problems created by this system designed to solve an existing one. And their response will likely be to toss their hands up in the air and say, "figure it out".

I imagine the '15 second FD reset' thing is first to go - likely a month after launch, due to increased ticket volume with the problem that has already been pointed out here with monks - and they'll likely move the FTE system to work like how EQ2 mob resets work... they path back to their spawn as soon as all aggro is gone, and then in the next 5 seconds after resetting, they become attackable again and whomever gets the first hit gets FTE.

In EQ2, you can still lock down mobs permanently, and grief people trying camp mobs by making them unable to engage. I imagine this won't be against the TOS unless you have no intent to kill the mob, and it's pretty obvious at that point if you're mezzing a mob off-cooldown as to what you're doing, so it's easy to record griefers after they nerf the monk FD 15 second thing.

The one part of the Play Nice Policy that survived is zone monopolization - and you can bet your ass they'll be handing out temporary / permanent bans to people doing it for... possibly a month actively, and then they'll go back to burying their head in the sand unless someone records via video every instance and uses their ticketing system to report it like they do with MQ2 and warping.

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
On the contrary, I think their decisions have nothing to do with raiders, griefers, etc - just behaviors.

I'm using my own selection bias as a way to understand the issue, but the crux of the issue is that this server seems to be a corporate response to higher CSR ticket volume and actually has nothing to do with developers understanding their game. I don't think anyone working there understands, fundamentally, what EQ is, and frankly I'm not sure they care as long as they're getting a paycheck.

Their idea is, "If we don't have to police the content as there's a way to lock mobs via first to engage and take the system from EQ2, which has lower CSR costs, we will lower CSR ticket volume and thus they can be freed up, as EQ2 does."

I don't think it has anything to do with game design, personally. I think that's last on their mind. I think this server is for Daybreak to have less pressure, not for the players to enjoy.

The problem is, they're going to have new problems created by this system designed to solve an existing one. And their response will likely be to toss their hands up in the air and say, "figure it out".

I imagine the '15 second FD reset' thing is first to go - likely a month after launch - and they'll likely move the FTE system to work like how EQ2 mob resets work... they path back to their spawn as soon as all aggro is gone, and then in the next 5 seconds after resetting, they become attackable again and whomever gets the first hit gets FTE.

I hate your takes so much.

That's it, isn't it. It's an attempt (even if misguided) to take care of something that eats a disproportionate amount of customer service resources - people squabbling over who killed what and who stole what from whom.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am a bit shocked we have not had one of these posts.....

"Hey have you heard about those Rusty Rapiers guys???"

• 1Worf

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Open world raiders probably won't even bother this iteration.

Oh they are coming

Also this casual guild has aspirations towards OW raiding, but I think they are in for a rude awakening.

Server will have many of the same people with the same goals and as others said, they will adapt their tactics faster than the casuals. They are all over the Wizard flux staff, people were onto that the moment FTE was announced, what's left to determine is whether a flux click is enough to lock or will some damage be required.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I hate your takes so much.

That's it, isn't it. It's an attempt (even if misguided) to take care of something that eats a disproportionate amount of customer service resources - people squabbling over who killed what and who stole what from whom.

It may be a misguided attempt to cut down on CSR workload, but I'm not sure it will work out the way they think it will work. Casuals are yet to wrap their head around the concept that camps no longer exist, it doesn't matter if they lose because they got DPS raced or they lose because someone else was FTE, in their minds they were at the camp first and therefore anything that spawns there belongs to them. Tickets are incoming either way.

I am a bit shocked we have not had one of these posts.....

"Hey have you heard about those Rusty Rapiers guys???"

We've all heard of them, everyone knows they are a fucking joke and will be a non factor in the competitive raid scene then implode and disperse sometime in Velious like they did every other time.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh they are coming

Also this casual guild has aspirations towards OW raiding, but I think they are in for a rude awakening.

Server will have many of the same people with the same goals and as others said, they will adapt their tactics faster than the casuals. They are all over the Wizard flux staff, people were onto that the moment FTE was announced, what's left to determine is whether a flux click is enough to lock or will some damage be required.

Why you over here pretending like Soxx Puppets aren't going to crush every server first record and put them eternally out of reach?

Is it because all the recruiting has only taken place in the Pantheon thread or are you just scared, Bro?

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oh right, the wands from Fear and Hate. I'll add them later. Their clicks are actually legitimate so they slipped my mind when trying to think up gimmicky or repurposed shit.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Us Shadowknight types have insta-cast agro spells starting at level 40, no item needed. Except they aren't available until Luclin. WOMP WOMP.

Maybe not, if none of the usual content-crushers roll up en masse, maybe some casual guild will actually get to be the OW king this time.

With nobody else running, Brass Rapiers vs Soxx Puppets could be the big server firsts showdown on Oakwynd. A pitched battle where they beat every expansion within minutes of each other, about two weeks after the expansions go live.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
This is all I can think of so far for Classic.

View attachment 468985

Staff of Temperate Flux is so much better than every single other thing that's it unreal. In a pinch and if there's going to be downtime being able to hand everyone in your group a Staff of Runes is pretty good. If everything goes at it looks to be going and you can lock a mob with a zero damage debuff than the Wizard class is an entirely different animal provided that the population is such that there is at least occasional competition for critical spawns.

Thin Boned Wand looks alright with three instant use charges of a lifetap from a low level mob but the drop rate is fucking awful. You're not going to be carrying a backpack of them around with you.

This is good stuff, as others mentioned, the 3 charge wands for each of the int casters should be included, if you are using autoclicker spam anything with charges might as well be single use. Waiting on FAQ to see if Flux staff is truly bis, because if some kind of damage is required you're sol.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
With nobody else running, Brass Rapiers vs Soxx Puppets could be the big server firsts showdown on Oakwynd. A pitched battle where they beat every expansion within minutes of each other, about two weeks after the following expansions go live.

More like it

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You're right. I gave them way too much credit.

Surprised at how much everyone is sleeping on Throw Stone in here. Well, not that surprised considering the range on it is less than most creatures' aggro range anyway.

If this server requires just aggro to lock rather than the player actually doing anything, you're just gonna see lots of people sitting right on a mob spawn in places like Guk and SolB. It's gonna look pretty dumb.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You're right. I gave them way too much credit.

Surprised at how much everyone is sleeping on Throw Stone in here. Well, not that surprised considering the range on it is less than most creatures' aggro range anyway.

If this server requires just aggro to lock rather than the player actually doing anything, you're just gonna see lots of people sitting right on a mob spawn in places like Guk and SolB. It's gonna look pretty dumb.

If you're banking on proximity aggro, you've already lost

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I can absolutely see people getting suspended under “zone disruption” for FTE locking epic/rare/raid mobs. Just depends what timeline counts as disruption. The answer is probably that it’s random based on which anon CSR sees the petition.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I can see the mage summoned staff being helpful for some groups if they are not FTE racing a farmer. The farmers will be using software to win 99.99% of the time, but against normal groups that are fighting for a rare name spawn, giving every member in your group one of those mage staffs will be a decent tactic.