EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
The funny thing is that as much as I believe this server rule set is going to be a fucking train wreck, I will most likely be rolling a character day one on this server JUST BECAUSE I want to witness the general fuckery in person that will be going on, on this server. It is going to be hilarious to witness honestly.

That being said, I will be spending absolutely $0 on this server. I will be buying no bags, potions, etc. I have zero belief this server will last beyond a year before it is a ghost town. I'm not putting money in to that.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The funny thing is that as much as I believe this server rule set is going to be a fucking train wreck, I will most likely be rolling a character day one on this server JUST BECAUSE I want to witness the general fuckery in person that will be going on, on this server. It is going to be hilarious to witness honestly.

That being said, I will be spending absolutely $0 on this server. I will be buying no bags, potions, etc. I have zero belief this server will last beyond a year before it is a ghost town. I'm not putting money in to that.
I can watch the train wreck without contributing to the population number or monthly fee. Should be plenty to read about right here and some other forums. I like playing on fun servers. This concept does not really have anything fun about it and equates too last year's servers. Grieving can be fun in the right situations, but I do not play EQ for the sole purpose of it.

It sounds like this server will generate enough for them to not bother changing anything for next year as the same players rinse repeat. They could make so much more money if they just innovated a bit. I guess they are good making what they make.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>

This is a safe space, we won't tell anyone if you buy ... just ... one ... bag.

trainspottingD.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider

I tried one server without bags. Big mistake. You get other stuff too.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
There's gonna be a lot of salt on these servers. Watching your frenzy get pulled right through your group and there's not a single thing you can do about it will definitely rub a few people the wrong way. It'll be a nice server for bards though, I'm half tempted to just play on it and charm kite the AC island giants, slowly killing everything while everyone is just forced to watch.

The expansion "bonuses" are pretty lackluster though. I thought Yelinak was a pretty shit TLP, and can't imagine this one being much better. I'm disappointed I missed out on Mischief even more now. I wouldn't mind casually playing some EQ. I'll probably just play on Yelinak once the relaxed truebox is put in for Omens.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The only reason to play on this server is to experience the FTE train wreck. The bonuses are so minor in eras that people actually play the game as to not even exist.

Even day one, accidentally tagging a mob in the noobie field that some melee is running towards. Now it's yours no matter what, no more tipping your hat and saying excuse me and moving on to another target. Level 2 encs with tash will have their pick of the leveling mobs.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
The only reason to play on this server is to experience the FTE train wreck. The bonuses are so minor in eras that people actually play the game as to not even exist.

Even day one, accidentally tagging a mob in the noobie field that some melee is running towards. Now it's yours no matter what, no more tipping your hat and saying excuse me and moving on to another target. Level 2 encs with tash will have their pick of the leveling mobs.
LOL I just thought of a FTE nightmare some idiot will most definitely try at some point. Get 5 levels as a human bard in Freeport area, then go to the newbie yard and kite everything for hours on end, so not one single spawn can be killed by any new players just starting out.

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Been over a week since they announced the server ruleset without any response, or comment, from DBG. Pretty shitty way to treat their players. Par for the course I guess, but god damn...

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Been over a week since they announced the server ruleset without any response, or comment, from DBG. Pretty shitty way to treat their players. Par for the course I guess, but god damn...
The server is a month and a half away, relax lady.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only solution is to make this as big of a CSR nightmare as possible so they reverse course.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
There are a number of ways to make FTE not suck as bad as it probably will. Here's some off the top of my head.

• Only certain zones are FTE enabled
  • Only named mobs will be FTE enabled
  • After a short time between FTE lock and no damage done to the mob will drop FTE lock immediately with out mob walking back to spawn point and resetting
  • Out of group characters can heal and buff characters that are locked to the FTE locked mob and will gain agro as normal, but will not gain credit when the mob is killed
  • Out of group characters can do anything except do damage to the FTE locked mob, and they will gain agro as normal, but will not gain credit when the mob is killed
  • FTE locked mob will not walk back to their spawn point and reset after dropping the lock, but rather they will act like any normal mob at that point including attacking anyone on their hate list that was not previously part of the FTE lock group/raid character(s)
  • FTE disabled completely in AoC instances
  • Gaining FTE lock on a raid mob and not actually debuffing or damaging it for more than a minute will result in the FTE locked mob death touching the character that got the initial lock (stops characters from locking down an open world raid boss for long periods of time waiting on their raid force to login and engage)
  • Gaining FTE lock on a raid mob, dropping agro (via FD or any other means) causing the raid mob to reset, and doing this 3 times in a row will result in the mob death touching that character (stops characters from locking down an open world raid boss for long periods of time waiting on their raid force to login and engage)
There's tons of ways this can be modified to make it less stupid, but I doubt they will choose any of the better options. If history is any indication of what they will do, it will be what ever is the quickest solution that requires the least resources to implement like nerfing insta-click items.

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The server is a month and a half away, relax lady.

Doesn't really have anything to do with when the server launches. I'm talking about all the legitimate issues and concerns raised about the FTE mechanics and their failure to respond to any of them to date.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
v2, Clicks for Classic

As I said before the Thin Bone Wand looks good with three charges and being usable by anyone but the drop rate is garbage.

Kedge Wand of Ice
Nillipuss Quest Wand of Frost Bolts(this one is unrealistic to obtain)

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They can use FTE as a honeypot against cheaters and they've kinda done this in the past with Flying Cazic Thule.
Yeah, those 72 hour bans will really fuck up those cheaters so they never do it again!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, those 72 hour bans will really fuck up those cheaters so they never do it again!

They already have the ability to create NPCs that only cheaters can attack. The can fully automate detection and bans with FTE.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
They can use FTE as a honeypot against cheaters and they've kinda done this in the past with Flying Cazic Thule.
When I got suspended for literally just standing near a group of friends while we were chatting in Discord, I realized that they only create these policies in order to use them when it is convenient for them. If you don't know that story, go back in history and find it because I posted it here long, long ago, and I honestly don't give enough fucks anymore to recount it.

The point is, the company is corrupt as fuck, their CSR is 100% bullshit, and the only people that ever get caught for anything are the people that are in the way of their friends and family that play the game.

If you think that FTE is going to be used to make EverQuest less toxic and get rid of the cheaters, you're so sadly mistaken that I can't even begin to help you.

• 1Like