EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Not yet.

View attachment 469142
View attachment 469143

Looking at the perk list there's room for some bigger numbers and I expect we'll get a little bit of polish but there's just no way they bail on it all and launch another Mischief.
This is the most popular thread that wasn’t deleted. I think the LJ/RF mandatory rotation discussion thread was longer (for now). That helped get us AoCs though, so maybe they will make some big changes for this TLP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
They will have to change alot to get me to ditch chainbreaker. Havin way too much fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
A week without a response isn’t surprising at all.

Longer the wait, the more likely a radical shift which would have required a bunch of exec approvals and meetings which don’t just happen overnight.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
A week without a response isn’t surprising at all.

Longer the wait, the more likely a radical shift which would have required a bunch of exec approvals and meetings which don’t just happen overnight.
Generally execs won't be making approvals for something like FTE in a game.

There's been no media takes on this issue besides in-community players (ie; massivelyOP hasn't covered it, kotaku hasn't covered it, etc) so it's unlikely to require exec approval, just likely producer/lead approval, then scheduled for the next sprint once finalized.

If the team is already in a 2 or 3 week sprint, it'll likely be changed and shipped by mid-May - their next patch day in the monthly cadence. So you haven't likely heard the changes as they aren't ready to announce them, and they're unlikely to publicly state any changes made, either, until they're dev complete. With a team this small, QA isn't likely to address them until the day of, especially if the changes were just made and also, QA is likely shared among the entire game.

In EQ2's case, they added pay-to-reroll-raid-loot items in lootboxes, and that was picked up by PCGamer, Kotaku, Massively, etc after players went to those outlets. Lootbox content drives clicks, being upset about a first-to-engage mechanic likely wouldn't drive clicks. So there's no investor panic because to them, unless JChan or another lead flags up the issue, they simply will assume revenue will come in with the next TLP cycle, and haven't read about any issues as investors generally won't have time to read up on all the properties they bought beyond "Is this giving us money still?"

• 3Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't hate that they let the thread cook but I'd like to hear something early next week. We really need a proper FAQ with a full explanation of the mechanics of what is being proposed. Skimming through there's a lot of different ideas on exactly how things will work.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
They will have to change alot to get me to ditch chainbreaker. Havin way too much fun.

What's that? is that where you ride around on a dragon saving the downtrodden by burning them to a crisp only to get stabbed by your toyboy at the end?

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
7iafyu.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
What's that? is that where you ride around on a dragon saving the downtrodden by burning them to a crisp only to get stabbed by your toyboy at the end?
It is a crazy fun alts-as-mercs plunder festival. See the emulators forum.

RonTheDude

Silver Squire
In EQ2's case, they added pay-to-reroll-raid-loot items in lootboxes, and that was picked up by PCGamer, Kotaku, Massively, etc after players went to those outlets. Lootbox content drives clicks, being upset about a first-to-engage mechanic likely wouldn't drive clicks. So there's no investor panic because to them, unless JChan or another lead flags up the issue, they simply will assume revenue will come in with the next TLP cycle, and haven't read about any issues as investors generally won't have time to read up on all the properties they bought beyond "Is this giving us money still?"
To be fair EQ1 isn't going to drive very many clicks unless a player divulges military secrets in Commons.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
To be fair EQ1 isn't going to drive very many clicks unless a player divulges military secrets in Commons.

I always laugh when people try and stream EQ1 on twitch and get maybe 100 viewers on a good night.

• 2Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Impressive when you consider the current live Forums are like the same 30 people posting 20 times a day each.

Also not really remotely close to true.
EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)
Some of the old class forums had insanely long threads on them.
You can sort the forums by replies and like 7 of the top 10 TLP threads are bitching for Instances/Rotation during the RF/LJ era

That guy probably just did this

1681627460144.png

and for the TLP subforum Oakwynd was in the lead.

edit - looks ahead in the Vet's Lounge also

1681628411151.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I always laugh when people try and stream EQ1 on twitch and get maybe 100 viewers on a good night.
Pretty sure 100 concurrent viewers puts you in like the top 0.5% of twitch.

3E83EC50-68A7-4267-811D-B3E919433289.jpeg

You can always get some nice bumps during server launch.

C5C46F4B-A9E6-47AA-994D-0C0EFF398EE2.png

• 1Like

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Not finding a good levelling strategy for a Freeport start melee character. Falling back on "... get a mage to 50 first." All the zones in this area have changed since original, but damn ... how did anyone play a rogue back then?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Not finding a good levelling strategy for a Freeport start melee character. Falling back on "... get a mage to 50 first." All the zones in this area have changed since original, but damn ... how did anyone play a rogue back then?
North Ro -> South Ro -> Uguk -> LGuk -> OoT/Hole.

Depends on your group comp and how fast you want to level but the route above is tried and true. NRO had a 13% zem which is like the only classic outdoor zone with a zem so it’s a fair start. Crocs in SRO will take you to the early teens at which point you should rush Guk.

Alternatively at 18ish you could go to SolA and do SolA -> Solb for an even faster (but harder) grind.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Classic leveling strat as a rogue: find someone to carry you.

I like leveling a druid first or early on whatever account and using them for ports, powerleveling, whatever for other chars. Easy to level that rogue when you've got a pocket druid handing out damage shields, heals, sow etc etc.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Classic leveling strat as a rogue: find someone to carry you.

A low tier class like a rogue isn't typically detrimental to the success of a premade as you're probably all in the backpack of the Enchanter and Cleric anyway.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users