EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
True boxed and raided up through Quarm with an Erudite SK and Halfling Druid on Aradune. Got spoiled by having a druid and learned the hard way that if you are not playing an Ogre as a SK in classic ... then you are wrong.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I liked Freeport human for classic SK, put your points in strength and you can do just fine and not be encumbered.

The origin is nice and central too, Guk, Sol A/B, CL tunnel all a short run away.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I liked Freeport human for classic SK, put your points in strength and you can do just fine and not be encumbered.

The origin is nice and central too, Guk, Sol A/B, CL tunnel all a short run away.

On one of these a Monk guildmate had a Wizard box he left online 24/7 bound at the Monk origin point whose sole purpose was to be there to port him places. It's such a quality of life improvement I'm surprised it isn't more common.

RonTheDude

Silver Squire
A low tier class like a rogue isn't typically detrimental to the success of a premade as you're probably all in the backpack of the Enchanter and Cleric anyway.

Did a rogue a couple TLPs ago, it wasn't so bad. It sucked in the moment though because we always had to fill in our static. The guys who insisted on playing "needed" classes had horrible reliability.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
With only two exceptions (Zaide and LevelUpLarry), every EverQuest streamer I've seen is incredibly boring. The game doesn't lend itself well to streaming so you really need a talkative personality to carry things.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
True boxed and raided up through Quarm with an Erudite SK and Halfling Druid on Aradune. Got spoiled by having a druid and learned the hard way that if you are not playing an Ogre as a SK in classic ... then you are wrong.

Ogre SK is the best SK yeah. But you need a source of Shrink, and ASAP. Another reason pocket Shaman is so good.

Oggok kinda sucks as an Origin point too. You can get to Fear raids fast, whoopdy doo. At least with Grobb you've got Guk close by. Troll SK was always kinda cool, until I realized how OP Ogre is.

The DE mask is what I generally go for right away for self-shrink in a single-char truebox static/launch situation. Can get one of those in the early 30's easy enough if you're the only group that far into Guk on day 1.

Did a rogue a couple TLPs ago, it wasn't so bad. It sucked in the moment though because we always had to fill in our static. The guys who insisted on playing "needed" classes had horrible reliability.

That's the worst. I've noticed that the people playing tank or cleric in statics are usually the ones most spotty about whether or not they're actually gonna show up, while all the DPSers are ready to go and run the risk of ending up high and dry if one of the two required people poofs. So I started playing tank to not have to worry about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Even if a premade goes tits up at char select on launch day it's still easier to put in big effort on launch weekend.

EQ would be a baller game to stream if you could show everyone the good shit without getting banned.

• 1Solidarity

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
With only two exceptions (Zaide and LevelUpLarry), every EverQuest streamer I've seen is incredibly boring. The game doesn't lend itself well to streaming so you really need a talkative personality to carry things.

I always liked watching Bobbybick too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Stats are not what matters; ogre stun immunity is just several tiers ahead of the other races. I know there are autistic minmaxing ac arguments for iksar but that's usually just warriors.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Basically any class that can be an Ogre, should be an Ogre. Frontal stun immunity is that good and that powerful, especially in the early era and compared to every other "perk". Sure, it matters less or almost not at all as you start creeping into PoP/GoD/OoW era, but for those first 4 or so expacs it's fucking invaluable.

• 2Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
v2, Clicks for Classic

edit - v4

View attachment 469273

As I said before the Thin Bone Wand looks good with three charges and being usable by anyone but the drop rate is garbage.

For Ranger delete that sky earring, 12 second cast.

come on now GIF by IFC

Insert Raincaller instead.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I always laugh when people try and stream EQ1 on twitch and get maybe 100 viewers on a good night.
I saw Zaide with over 800 when he was streaming the initial race on mischief. People watch EQ.

Few people with over 100. Not everbody is bad at streaming EQ.

Last edited:

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Q: What is EncounterLocking? What isthe goal for Encounter Locking?
A:The Encounter Locking feature will allow the first person that engages an NPC the ability to prevent others from interfering with the fight. A primary goal with adding this feature is to mitigate issues we've seen regarding kill-stealing and training in the early TLP experience before content becomes more instance based as the expansions unlock.

Q: How is the lock applied?
A: The lock is applied to the first player that gets added to an NPC’s hatelist. This could be via a player attacking the NPC directly or the NPC attacking a player.

Q: How is the lock removed?
A: The lock is removed a short time after the NPC leaves combat. If someone on the lock list attacks the NPC within the period before it unlocks, the countdown will be reset, and the NPC will remain locked.

Q: Can members be added mid fight to the group or raid?
A: Yes. The lock is owned by an individual player. The group or raid that they currently belong to is the one that “owns” the lock. Players that are currently in the same group or raid as that player will be able to attack. Those that are not will not be able to attack.

Q: Will this prevent assisting/helping other players?
A: No. If a player would like assistance from someone outside their group or raid, they can target the NPC and use /yell. This will semi-unlock the NPC and allow anyone to attack it. Once unlocked using /yell, the NPC cannot be locked again until it leaves combat, and the original lock is removed.

Confirmation that this server is cursed. The yell part is even funnier imo. Let me just dump this mob on you...

• 1Worf

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Q: Will the Encounter Locking apply to all NPCs, or will there be exceptions?
A: There will be exceptions and some NPCs will be excluded from the Encounter Locking feature due to them requiring cooperation amongst different people or being part of events that wouldn’t be completable if the NPCs were locked to separate people.

This kinda jumps out. Guessing Vulak could fall into this category?

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Q: Will the Encounter Locking apply to all NPCs, or will there be exceptions?
A: There will be exceptions and some NPCs will be excluded from the Encounter Locking feature due to them requiring cooperation amongst different people or being part of events that wouldn’t be completable if the NPCs were locked to separate people.

This kinda jumps out. Guessing Vulak could fall into this category?

They should disable the /yell command on all raid targets also....