EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Q: What is EncounterLocking? What isthe goal for Encounter Locking?
A:The Encounter Locking feature will allow the first person that engages an NPC the ability to prevent others from interfering with the fight. A primary goal with adding this feature is to mitigate issues we've seen regarding kill-stealing and training in the early TLP experience before content becomes more instance based as the expansions unlock.

Q: How is the lock applied?
A: The lock is applied to the first player that gets added to an NPC’s hatelist. This could be via a player attacking the NPC directly or the NPC attacking a player.

Q: How is the lock removed?
A: The lock is removed a short time after the NPC leaves combat. If someone on the lock list attacks the NPC within the period before it unlocks, the countdown will be reset, and the NPC will remain locked.

Q: Can members be added mid fight to the group or raid?
A: Yes. The lock is owned by an individual player. The group or raid that they currently belong to is the one that “owns” the lock. Players that are currently in the same group or raid as that player will be able to attack. Those that are not will not be able to attack.

Q: Will this prevent assisting/helping other players?
A: No. If a player would like assistance from someone outside their group or raid, they can target the NPC and use /yell. This will semi-unlock the NPC and allow anyone to attack it. Once unlocked using /yell, the NPC cannot be locked again until it leaves combat, and the original lock is removed.

Confirmation that this server is cursed. The yell part is even funnier imo. Let me just dump this mob on you...
Everyone is a monk. /yell is the new FD. This is awesome.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm curious how many of those improvements are things that were going in but just weren't part of the initial news but whatever.

Raid lockouts by character instead of account plus the ability to move no-drop gear around character to character on the same account should result in a server that is actually for someone I would think. Hey, can you play your Cleric, sure if I can bid on gear for my Ranger, sure, we'll just assign it to you and you can assign it to him, etc etc. Having and maintaining alts is going to be 1000x easier. Someone wants to mainchange Beastlord when Luclin comes out? They can dump all their gear right on that new character and enjoy bonus exp to boot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I always laugh when people try and stream EQ1 on twitch and get maybe 100 viewers on a good night.
11 viewers average or more puts you in the top 15% of Twitch streamers.

I always find it funny when people compare MMOs to other types of streamers.

Of course the hot tub chick is going to bring in more viewers than the guy leveling a warrior to 60 on a game no one in the average viewer age on that platform will actually find interesting.

This is a worse take than Bud Light trying to bring in a trans influencer (who uses cringe terms like 'girlhood' when they're like fucking 40 years old, you're an old hag like the rest of us, honey) to promote their brand.

If you really wanted people to buy Bud Light more, partner with EQ and give a discount or something for a month for getting to 50 on the new TLP within the first 2 weeks of the server.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm curious how many of those improvements are things that were going in but just weren't part of the initial news but whatever.

Raid lockouts by character instead of account plus the ability to move no-drop gear around character to character on the same account should result in a server that is actually for someone I would think. Hey, can you play your Cleric, sure if I can bid on gear for my Ranger, sure, we'll just assign it to you and you can assign it to him, etc etc. Having and maintaining alts is going to be 1000x easier. Someone wants to mainchange Beastlord when Luclin comes out? They can dump all their gear right on that new character and enjoy bonus exp to boot.

With the changes, as long as FTE is not horribly buggy I am thinking now this server will only be slightly behind Mischief in average population to planes of power.

• 1Like

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Q: Will this prevent assisting/helping other players?
A: No. If a player would like assistance from someone outside their group or raid, they can target the NPC and use /yell. This will semi-unlock the NPC and allow anyone to attack it. Once unlocked using /yell, the NPC cannot be locked again until it leaves combat, and the original lock is removed.

Doesn't this basically just give everyone the option to unlock the encounters? So PL'ing would still be a thing, right? Maybe slightly more of a pain in the ass, but doable.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Classic leveling strat as a rogue: find someone to carry you.

I like leveling a druid first or early on whatever account and using them for ports, powerleveling, whatever for other chars. Easy to level that rogue when you've got a pocket druid handing out damage shields, heals, sow etc etc.

Pvp also be like

hqdefault (6).jpg

Pocket druid!

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Doesn't this basically just give everyone the option to unlock the encounters? So PL'ing would still be a thing, right? Maybe slightly more of a pain in the ass, but doable.

The more efficient your existing PL strategy the more annoying it's going to be to have to click /yell on every single fucking thing but it's something. What they need to do is add a way for a player to opt out of the system entirely. Hey, just never lock my shit and never lock my group's shit.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Imagine if instead of having to give the gear to someone on your account, the gear was droppable instead. Wouldn’t that be mischievous.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Imagine if instead of having to give the gear to someone on your account, the gear was droppable instead. Wouldn’t that be mischievous.

RMT RMT REEEEEEEEEE

Also if you could make PLing extra tedious that would be good.

• 1Like

RonTheDude

Silver Squire
This is a worse take than Bud Light trying to bring in a trans influencer (who uses cringe terms like 'girlhood' when they're like fucking 40 years old, you're an old hag like the rest of us, honey) to promote their brand.

The thing is that BUD isn't cratering like Fox News is suggesting. In fact it's doing well. It dipped a little for a few days, overall it's up. It's just a marketing move and it makes as much sense as all the other click bait we read.

Who knows Bud Light might transition to a decent beer....

• 1Picard

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
FTE aside, the legacy parts are kinda confusing. The two big ones, making AoCs character locked and making items heirloom seem like QOL changes more than an experimental ruleset. But the focus on them for this TLP seems like it's intended to cut down on people having multiple subscriptions, because now a player may consider the benefits of rolling multiple chars on one sub instead of spreading them out. On most servers having multiple characters on one account is either an immediate loss of capability, or risking a future loss, so when you're deciding to roll an alt you happily sign up to pay DPG another $15/mo.

I can't tell if this is part of a larger strategy to decrease boxing on TLPs or increase retention because they think a player is more likely to roll on alt if they can get access to those heirloom items (but lose the ability to plvl themselves with that high-level druid).

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The thing is that BUD isn't cratering like Fox News is suggesting. In fact it's doing well. It dipped a little for a few days, overall it's up. It's just a marketing move and it makes as much sense as all the other click bait we read.

Who knows Bud Light might transition to a decent beer....

Except you're wrong and overall it's not "up" from where it was before the campaign. It's just not as down as it was. Stocks tend to do that

RonTheDude

Silver Squire
Except you're wrong and overall it's not "up" from where it was before the campaign. It's just not as down as it was. Stocks tend to do that
Wrong how? 6 months back it was about $45. Before this partnership it was $66 when the partnership went live on April 2nd. It was "cratered" at $63 on April 12th, now it's back up to $65.

I'm by no means a stock genius or day trader... but $1 isn't exactly cratering after some massive blowback. Yet there's so many videos and news stories on how the brand is ruined and the they've lost billions.

I'm not arguing that the stock didn't go down, but that the coverage was heavily biased.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the per character lockouts, but If I'm understanding the heirloom change correctly (i.e. letting you transfer no drop items between characters on the same account) , they'd need to make flagging account wide for it to matter. Say you have a geared wizard but the raid needs your enchanter alt that day, you transfer over some gear that both classes can use but if you still need to do flagging progress on each separately it makes little difference over just running each on a separate account.

Also, gonna be some interesting epic camps when you don't have to camp shit on the character that needs the drop and you can just bring your OP farming class of choice.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Wrong how? 6 months back it was about $45. Before this partnership it was $66 when the partnership went live on April 2nd. It went "cratered" at $63 on April 12th, now it's back up to $65.

I'm by no means a stock genius or day trader... but $1 isn't exactly cratering after some massive blowback. Yet there's so many videos and news stories on how the brand is ruined and the they've lost billions.

I'm not arguing that the stock didn't go down, but that the coverage was heavily biased.

6 months back is irrelevant. And I never claimed they were about to file bankruptcy over it, just that you're wrong about it being up overall from before the ad campaign.

RonTheDude

Silver Squire
6 months back is irrelevant. And I never claimed they were about to file bankruptcy over it, just that you're wrong about it being up overall from before the ad campaign.

Yeah if I bought on April 2nd, I agree. The severity is barely a blip though. Personally I stay away from stuff like BUD because year over year its losing a hell of a lot more than what they lost with Dylan.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

Yes you literally just hotkey yell and press it before the mobs get to camp.

Gonna be silly in PoI when all the endless spiders trigger 10 different toons /yelling every couple of seconds.