EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
All their raids are like that, they've got huge collections of recordings of people getting mad or saying dumb shit from multiple TLPs and it's a non stop spam fest of binds.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It is crazy to run a company from cali. Cost of living, taxes, insane laws.

Game companies also are so butts-in-chairs focused and over managed.

The one upside is that all the good people are driven into going indie, so lots of good indie games :emoji_shrug:

Needless

Toe Sucker
there any population numbers on this server? this shit seems deader than vaniki was a few weeks after launch already lol

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
there any population numbers on this server? this shit seems deader than vaniki was a few weeks after launch already lol

I said a week or so ago it's not Mischief popular but more like Coirnav levels, don't think it will be vying for most popular TLP but there's still plenty of people.

4:30 am EST and there's a lot of ppl LFG, not seeing a lot of tanks or chanters though. Might be the play if you want to feel needed. I haven't pugged for more than a week so haven't been paying attention to the LFG scene.

1687077695035.png

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I said a week or so ago it's not Mischief popular but more like Coirnav levels, don't think it will be vying for most popular TLP but there's still plenty of people.

4:30 am EST and there's a lot of ppl LFG, not seeing a lot of tanks or chanters though. Might be the play if you want to feel needed. I haven't pugged for more than a week so haven't been paying attention to the LFG scene.

View attachment 478503

So far the population numbers put in between Mischief and Yelinak, but its still really early to tell long term.

1. Mangler
  2. Mischief
  3. Oakwynd
  4. Agnarr
  5. Yelinak
  6. Aradune
  7. Coirnav

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been looking around for some power leveling but it seems there's only ever 33+.

Not even sure how any of the pl works on this server either. Give me some names if anyone knows a guy.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm starting to think that the server is a bait. The heirloom/DZ per character combo is Selo's half duration lockout timer with extra steps. Being able to do twice as many instance raids won't be a problem during Kunark when you're just looking at bopping Phara Dar an extra time per week but it's going to be rough in Velious. Four months of double (or more) Time clears is more like a threat than a perk. Legacy of Ykesha also has faster global respawns so get ready for some major mini action.

All those juicy bonuses further down the release schedule? Pure bait. This server is going to have its population drop below the minimum threshold and get folded up long before there's triple exp plus triple AA gain on top.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It is crazy to run a company from cali. Cost of living, taxes, insane laws.

Game companies also are so butts-in-chairs focused and over managed.

The one upside is that all the good people are driven into going indie, so lots of good indie games :emoji_shrug:

California's pretty awesome though if you want to get knifed on the way to work.

Or sexually molested by a homeless man.

If I get this job at DPG I plan to kill two birds with one stone!

• 3Picard
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Industry has a majority remote now. Regardless, that's like a Europe salary and is disgusting.
Aren’t gaming companies notorious for taking advantage of people who will work for crumbs because “passion”? Shame to see it.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Aren’t gaming companies notorious for taking advantage of people who will work for crumbs because “passion”? Shame to see it.
Across the board, you're going to be earning less in the private, non-publicly traded sector unless you're working for governments.

Government contractors are generally the highest paid out of the entire private sector because they receive 'public' (ie; taxpayer) funds - beyond that, it's like small startups, and everyone is underpaid purposefully in hopes someone invests in them.

I work at a company where the 'top echelon' makes about the same right now across the board, and we're all 'underpaid' by the standards of working for say, ABK, Riot, Epic, Amazon, etc. But company relative, we're making the best we can with what we have.

We only exist because we have cut costs across the board and are able to pay our staff while making some form of net pay. We don't have a parent company, or shareholders - we're just kind of drifting. We have a lot of overseas contractors that would normally require paying more if they worked in the US, because the cost of living in a developed 1st world country is higher than say, Azerbaijan or Armenia.

EG7 might be publicly traded, but they're going to operate their games in a way that maximizes profits. If you're working for EG7, I bet you'll earn 3 or 4 times the amount that Daybreak employees make, but you wouldn't be working in game development, instead you'd be working in game production - specifically financial management at that point.

Daybreak isn't likely allotted a lot of money to pay a designer because they aren't paid well in general in smaller studios.

UK junior / associate designers start at 20k to 40k euros, for instance. It's wild.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Since when are acting like hand of veeshan is some kind of achievement

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Since when are acting like hand of veeshan is some kind of achievement
Since the average quality of EQ players have somehow degraded over the years as veteran EQ players get bored and play games that are more interesting to them