EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Secrets bro just go apply for an embedded systems engineer role at a DoD contractor. your talent shouldnt be making the 30$/hr i know it is

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Secrets bro just go apply for an embedded systems engineer role at a DoD contractor. your talent shouldnt be making the 30$/hr i know it is
It's about $45 an hour and some change, but salaried w/ benefits. It isn't bad, but it's not the $180k->$250k I should be making.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Video claimed that the Hand of Veeshan was the highest level raid mob in TLP classic? Level 63? I could not tell if it had any real raid mob abilities or mechanics.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Eye of Veeshan is level 70 and the highest raid mob in classic.

I believe Hand of Veeshan has higher damage output though and is thus the hardest mob in classic. IIRC it hits harder than Trak with melee attacks.

I think this is because HoV is a melee mob (warrior?) with quadding while EoV is a caster of some sort, or a non-quad class. Could be wrong, Eye is a blind spot for me (no pun intended) because I've never led a full Sky raid and only partook in one probably 3-4 times. My least-played EQ endzone by a lot.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Since the average quality of EQ players have somehow degraded over the years as veteran EQ players get bored and play games that are more interesting to them

RL Friends dragged me into this one about a week ago. The 4 of us have a strong group make up, and end up with 2 PUGs. All but one of them have actually been really great at their role and nice in game. The other was a light green conning enchanter that I'm pretty sure was run by a chatbot AI program, just without the nice Clarity timer.

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
Eye of Veeshan is level 70 and the highest raid mob in classic.

I believe Hand of Veeshan has higher damage output though and is thus the hardest mob in classic. IIRC it hits harder than Trak with melee attacks.

I think this is because HoV is a melee mob (warrior?) with quadding while EoV is a caster of some sort, or a non-quad class. Could be wrong, Eye is a blind spot for me (no pun intended) because I've never led a full Sky raid and only partook in one probably 3-4 times. My least-played EQ endzone by a lot.

Mostly correct, but...
Both HoV and EoV are warriors and are mostly similar in terms of both having DT and both able to proc a 500 hp lifetap on melee attacks and ripostes, but they do have 3 distinct differences. HoV has an unresistable rain spell, HoV has much higher dps output from melee attacks, and HoV can also duel wield. So in general for most guilds, HoV tends to be the hardest fight in classic.

However, like the majority of boss fights, there are legitimate (non-exploit) ways to make HoV trivial even with a small crew similar to how you can make queen bee trivial, both with just various ways of countering their mechanics or using their mechanics against them. None of which I can see being done according to the video. It's kind of like Trakanon in Kunark. You can make killing Trak just as easy as killing something as simple as Sev, or you can do what most guilds do and make killing Trakanon way harder than it needs to be.

To put in to context with how easy you can make HoV, even a duel wielding one, 1 month in to classic TEB had already done a triple pull kill of HoV + EoV + Sister at the same time all next to each other.

Tlpman

Golden Squire
How long before RI gets a 7 day for all of the mobs they have "raced" and circumvented Encounter Locking on?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Well now that I have hit 50 and got my monk robe, I'm thinking of rolling an alt because boredom and wanting to take advantage of that sweet sweet 10% bonus experience from legacy lol.

This very well might be the only server that I run only one account on 90% of the time because of the ability to hand down all the heirloom gear and the bonus experience from having max level characters.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
RL Friends dragged me into this one about a week ago. The 4 of us have a strong group make up, and end up with 2 PUGs. All but one of them have actually been really great at their role and nice in game. The other was a light green conning enchanter that I'm pretty sure was run by a chatbot AI program, just without the nice Clarity timer.
It's easy to find 2 other people that fit into a clique that carries their weight fairly well, but finding more than about 24 chucklefucks that aren't playing optimally, or won't bring subpar classes to raids is fairly diffcult without starting to fill out a full 72 person raid.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
100 guys stacked on a mob trying to be more asshole than the others to get the loot, i am too old to appreciate doing it now i guess 😟