EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I joined a shitter guild that supposedly only raids once a week, but now they raiding 3 nights a week.

I think it would be cool to do a true 1/week guild.my life circumstances don’t allow me to fulfill my eq destiny lol
Best time I had in EQ was on Phinny in EoE being in a DZ only guild with scheduled raid nights. Being in a batphone only guild sucks and I make like 1 raid a week. Definitely makes EQ a lot less appealing.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Best time I had in EQ was on Phinny in EoE being in a DZ only guild with scheduled raid nights. Being in a batphone only guild sucks and I make like 1 raid a week. Definitely makes EQ a lot less appealing.
Don't all the bat phone guilds also do DZs?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Some do. But they arent planned for X night. Its just whenever the timer is up or free time. And its rarely sent out as a batphone.
I see. Yeah, I was in the one on mischief and we had set DZ times. There was just so much loot you didn't really have to maximize every lockout. On a regular server, I could see the reason to be more sweaty about it.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I have plans to raid and solo my necro gear in PoFear. I have these plans since release.

Well, turns out I don't have fucking free time anymore and my char is level 47. Adult life sometimes sucks.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I look forward to hearing all about this in one of your podcasts.
Honestly, I was hoping there would be more on Fippy in the last podcast, but I realize Zaide Zaide was more a Vulak player than Fippy.

*** EDITED to point out that I was wrong about it being Fippy. It was the Ragefire server ***

Fippy was one real whirlwind of a shitshow. I don't remember all the details, but there was major guild fighting over targets and the GMs stepped in and forced the guild leaders to work together. They ended up having meetings between the guild leaders every week to discuss schedules, rules, and what ever else. It was pretty comical from what I can remember because the rules were setup in such a way that it benefited the top guild.

As best I can remember, there was a set amount of time for the scheduled guild to engage a target, and if that guild couldn't get it down in time, any other guild could take it.

The guild I was in at the time was ran by a bard named Breeze (I think). That guild was so bad at raiding. They would literally take like 30 minutes discussing how to kill a raid target while everyone in the raid force would just be sitting there rebuffing over and over. It was a train wreck to say the least.

So, our time slot came up, and CT spawned. We mobilized to Fear, cleared everything out, and then we sat there.... and waited... and waited... and waited... buffing... rebuffing... watching YouTube.... taking a shit... going for a walk... taking a nap... just literally waiting on the officers to get done discussing how they are going to kill CT.

Meanwhile, TL had been sitting there in the corner of the zone waiting the whole time for our timer to be up because they knew our guild would not get it done in time. Any other raid guild would have killed CT and been out of there 20 minutes ago. Not our guild. Noooooo. Must plan! PLAN PLAN PLAN!

Long before this, I had basically had enough with being in the shitter raid guild on the server, and had contacted TL to app. I was already approved. I was just waiting for the most opportune time to drop my tag, and I got it that day.

After a good 30 minutes or more of discussing and rebuffing for the gazillionth time, we pull CT to the temple and proceed to wipe... of course... because clearly we didn't plan enough. Now mind you, I did NOT sabotage them. I just wanted to detag after we lost the fight. I did everything I needed to do on my part in that raid.

TL rolls in, kills CT like he's nothing, rez me, I detag in front of Breeze, and got tagged TL. Best decision I ever made.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
On Fippy, I remember being in the bath tub one night, getting a bat phone, jumping up, drying off, racing to the computer, logging in, going to target, and finding out we already got it down. That was the last time I put real life on hold for a batphone lol.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, I was hoping there would be more on Fippy in the last podcast, but I realize Zaide Zaide was more a Vulak player than Fippy.

Fippy was one real whirlwind of a shitshow. I don't remember all the details, but there was major guild fighting over targets and the GMs stepped in and forced the guild leaders to work together. They ended up having meetings between the guild leaders every week to discuss schedules, rules, and what ever else. It was pretty comical from what I can remember because the rules were setup in such a way that it benefited the top guild.

As best I can remember, there was a set amount of time for the scheduled guild to engage a target, and if that guild couldn't get it down in time, any other guild could take it.

The guild I was in at the time was ran by a bard named Breeze (I think). That guild was so bad at raiding. They would literally take like 30 minutes discussing how to kill a raid target while everyone in the raid force would just be sitting there rebuffing over and over. It was a train wreck to say the least.

So, our time slot came up, and CT spawned. We mobilized to Fear, cleared everything out, and then we sat there.... and waited... and waited... and waited... buffing... rebuffing... watching YouTube.... taking a shit... going for a walk... taking a nap... just literally waiting on the officers to get done discussing how they are going to kill CT.

Meanwhile, TL had been sitting there in the corner of the zone waiting the whole time for our timer to be up because they knew our guild would not get it done in time. Any other raid guild would have killed CT and been out of there 20 minutes ago. Not our guild. Noooooo. Must plan! PLAN PLAN PLAN!

Long before this, I had basically had enough with being in the shitter raid guild on the server, and had contacted TL to app. I was already approved. I was just waiting for the most opportune time to drop my tag, and I got it that day.

After a good 30 minutes or more of discussing and rebuffing for the gazillionth time, we pull CT to the temple and proceed to wipe... of course... because clearly we didn't plan enough. Now mind you, I did NOT sabotage them. I just wanted to detag after we lost the fight. I did everything I needed to do on my part in that raid.

TL rolls in, kills CT like he's nothing, rez me, I detag in front of Breeze, and got tagged TL. Best decision I ever made.
Ok I did a ton of searching through old EverQuest forum posts, and I found it.

It was NOT the Fippy Darkpaw server (even though I was on that TLP server back in the day as well). It was the Ragefire server.

Here is the thread where Roshen announced that guilds were going to be forced to work together on raid rotations.
Roshen posted this on July 24, 2015:
Starting immediately, we’re asking guilds and players to talk to each other, and create their own raid rotations. However, we know trying to enforce a raid rotation can be hard without enforcement. Beginning on Monday, July 27, 2015, Guides will be available to handle situations that guilds can’t work out on their own… and the dev team is prepared to provide support in any extreme situations.

You can contact guides in-game by using /guidehelp .
Bobbybick:
Are you guys kidding? Like have you lost your minds?

First you tell us the ruleset is "DPS Wins", then you double down on this confirming that the spirit of classic is all about competition. Now you want to go back on all of that and have us hold hands and sing kumbaya?

Apparently now being strategic just means showing up whenever you feel like it and asking the GMs to remove the competition from the zone.
Roshen:
As stated in the full post, we want to believe you can work these types of things out.

If you can't work things out, the dev team is prepared to provide support in any extreme situations.
Darth:
You guys on Ragefire should just use the same set up we use on Lockjaw. I'm more than happy to mediate for you and help you set it up.

For every guild in the rotation add a FFA spawn. So something like.

TL - FFA - RoE - FFA - RoI - FFA - APOK - FFA and then repeat. You get a freebie ever 8 spawns and have 50% of the spawns in the rotation lets people race and train and dps race.

This next suggestion from Darth is what lead to the rules that allowed TL to sit and wait for RoE to wipe on CT and then take it.
Darth:
The guild declaring it went FFA has to provide proof of such. Fraps, usually. So you "Sight beyond sight" trackers need to roll some rangers.

You set the standards with the "real" guilds on your server. That mage box needs to meet those standards. They could invite people to form a real raid around 30 mages.

Engage quicker than 59 minutes.

You can't demand answers to questions before you even try to hammer something out.

Then this thread popped up claiming an official rotation had been made. Thread link here
Marek-EQ:
Good Afternoon Ragefire Players:

Daybreak has approved the following rotation for the Ragefire Server.

www.tinyurl.com/ragefirerotation

This rotation was worked on by myself representing Apokalypsis, Breeze from Reign of Eternity, Bonlgon from Rosengard, as well as Jain from Twisted Legacy. Although Rosengard was not 100% in agreement and Twisted Legacy were not in agreement with this proposal, input was received from all and the proposed rotation was provided to review to all of the guilds involved. Presently these individuals have access to update the last time killed and up next portions of the above link. If other officers from participants guilds need access, just let me know and I will add access.

This rotation is intended to be equitable while still allowing for opportunity to contest the bosses. New guilds will be added at the end of the rotation. Please provide sufficient evidence of the killing of a post buff gatekeeper.

Daybreak intends on helping support implementation of this rotation effective immediately.

Additionally please continue to provide feedback with regards to this rotation and rotation for Kunark.

Then at the end of this lengthy thread, Roshen locked the thread and put the following: thread link here
The Ragefire rotation has been voted on, and has been approved by 11 of 12 guilds currently in the Rotation Council.

The Rotation Council is a governing body of Guild Leaders and Officers that represent their respective guilds, voting on all matters relating to raiding rotations.

http://tinyurl.com/OfficialRagefireRotation

The rotation itself consists of three separate timeslot windows:
  1. Prime-Time A (12:00PM - 6:00PM EST)
  2. Prime-Time B (6:00 PM - 1:00 AM EST)
  3. Free-For-All (1:00AM - 12:00PM EST
Guilds that qualify may choose to raid in a single timeslot, or both. These are protected windows, and each guild is only allowed to kill a raid mob when it is their turn on the rotation.

The FFA timeslot is open to any/all raiding guilds . Any guild may kill a FFA mob at any time, as long as they are not in a lockout period, or another guild's window extension. (These stipulations are detailed on the "Rule" tab on the linked spreadsheet.)

To allow all guilds the time to finish their windows on the previous rotation, the new rotation will begin at 9PM EST on 8/11/15.

Daybreak Games is aware of the community's desire to govern their own rotations, and will support the Council's rules if need arises.

Signed,
Thalanos, Council Chairman
And, the shit show just kept on rolling down the tracks. It was some of the most insane shit I have ever seen. Some of it was hilarious at times while other parts were facepalm.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
all the boxers on this server are hilariously antisocial, buncha fat fucks should at least try and socialize in EQ since they surely dont irl

• 3Worf
  • 2Salty
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not really the DT mechanic is what removed FTE. They didn't really "mobilize" better then had like 5x as many people and got their second. I can't imagine the other raid was even an official raid, probably just some guild pug because someones XP group saw Yael on track. Yael takes like 2 groups to kill, with DZs there is much better things to be doing with your time in game. Burning Hoop charges and other clickies for Yael is like peak retardation.

Bladestopper, 10 charges. Yael.

Well, it made for an entertaining gank video, and in the long run that kind of thing is what matters in EQ.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that's just "this server"

The 6 boxers on selo tended to be much more decent than most while almost all the douchenozzles played 1 or 2. Aradune was a constant festival of idiocy being reposted here and the eq forums with massive rmter presence while rizlona was peaceful and nearly everyone boxed and hacked.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah those extra characters are going to feel really bad when you need to do 8 shaman 2.0s and the new expansion drops 800 new AA and a pita quest chain for flagging.

playing more than 2 characters beyond PoP sounds miserable

If I were gonna, say, take the time and energy to level up and set up five monks, I'd do it in a boxing scenario where I could... control five monks, and unleash hell.

I sure wouldn't do that in a scenario where they're all on the same account and I can only play one at a time and basically get to do the same thing over and over 5x per week.

That sounds like total hell, compared to having a five-monk boxing gank squad for the effort and tism needed.

So even the one thing that's like the big "draw" of Oakwynd character-building is something that'd make way more sense to do on, say, Rizlona.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ronne to RI - Loser

Hold on, I thought Tlpman was Vindaven from RI all this time? Now that I take a second to look back... Tlpman is not RI and is actually against them.

Which means... all of these bad-ass RI videos by Vindaven are actually being posted by someone from the other team, thinking it'll own them?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Helping on three different Zlandicar splits for a couple weeks makes sense. Doing instanced Sleeper's Tomb 2.0 three times a week is one of the middle layers of purgatory.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Hold on, I thought Tlpman was Vindaven from RI all this time? Now that I take a second to look back... Tlpman is not RI and is actually against them.

Which means... all of these bad-ass RI videos by Vindaven are actually being posted by someone from the other team, thinking it'll own them?

I think that’s just a troll. His posts remind me of another poster from earlier in this thread.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think that’s just a troll. His posts remind me of another poster from earlier in this thread.

I've just never seen anyone think they were owning their foes by... posting their foes' videos and promoting them. It's hilarious.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Curious ... is it possible to link items in chat that actually do not drop in the game? Seeing stuff ... and I'm like ... well that's bullshit.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Curious ... is it possible to link items in chat that actually do not drop in the game? Seeing stuff ... and I'm like ... well that's bullshit.

Cross server tells still exist I think? Haven't sent one in forever but they might allow linking.