EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Correct. It's possible to link items via cross server chat.

Out of curiosity what item(s) are you talking about? If it's something CT 1.0 related it might be legit. They definitely changed how Rubicite drops so it's possible they fucked something up while doing it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In the past they haven't always nuked things that slip through the cracks but they've nuked a lot of shit that fell through the cracks.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah bro it’s an RI member pretending and you’re falling for it lmao

I thought it was an RI member this whole time, so the falling for it was more me turning around and "realizing" it was an anti-RI dude doing a bad job of it.

So it's a double agent play? I guess it's "cooler" than just straight-up posting videos. Pretend to be someone else posting them and hating. "Look what horrible exploits these animals are up to now!" Interesting psychology. That or the guy posting is just mental.

Whatever the case is, I hope they keep it going, Vindaven's videos are good. Lot of people hating, but they found a way to make this abysmal server into something fun and that's commendable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't hate the encounter locking mechanism. It adds an extra wrinkle or two and it's got some upsides. The heirloom system is kinda neat and the little perks and bonuses baked in with each expansion seem alright. Seeing the loot/heirloom system play out in game rather than reading about it on the FAQ I think I hate it? It encourages people to be greedy fucks and it gets old fast. People squabble over garbage. You haven't lived until you've seen two people tear in to each other over some Ethereal Mist boots like two hobos battling over a half eaten pizza. For their alts. Their level 1 alts. Someone is always always always rolling need even if they've just been instructed not to and someone's bitching at them and they're bitching back. If I had a nickel for every time someone selfishly did the wrong thing knowing it was the wrong thing and then got indignant about it when the person they cheated out of an item brought it up I'd have a shitload of nickels. Watching the rolls at all puts you in danger of giving a fuck and giving a fuck is not the play. It's bad. Everyone has their hand out all the time because everyone has half a dozen little side projects they *might* need gear for. People scoop up multiple copies of the same item for their same class alts. It's the tragedy of the commons playing out every single day in Hate, Fear and Sky.

This is super well-written. This server is like an experimental microcosm of human behavior in a way.

Tlpman

Golden Squire
I thought it was an RI member this whole time, so the falling for it was more me turning around and "realizing" it was an anti-RI dude doing a bad job of it.

So it's a double agent play? I guess it's "cooler" than just straight-up posting videos. Pretend to be someone else posting them and hating. "Look what horrible exploits these animals are up to now!" Interesting psychology. That or the guy posting is just mental.

Whatever the case is, I hope they keep it going, Vindaven's videos are good. Lot of people hating, but they found a way to make this abysmal server into something fun and that's commendable.

You guys really got me figured out. We've got some real forum chads here.

You guys are almost as pathetic as RI running around killing shit, splicing the videos and acting like it was contested.

This video is just them doing their sky DZ with some open world FTE footage spliced in. Vindaven isn't that good of an editor that this should be fooling the worlds best EQ players on this forum.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You guys really got me figured out. We've got some real forum chads here.

You guys are almost as pathetic as RI running around killing shit, splicing the videos and acting like it was contested.

This video is just them doing their sky DZ with some open world FTE footage spliced in. Vindaven isn't that good of an editor that this should be fooling the worlds best EQ players on this forum.

A) It hasn't fooled anyone because nobody saw it until just now.

B) Hard to tell if this is actually a DZ video made to look like an OW snipe, or if FTE just completely dropped the ball with Bazzt. Looks to me like they just dropped the ball. I think I can see one FTE in the distance in the kill portion of the video. 'Sides, not really a need to fabricate propaganda when you've got enough actual wins to parade around. Weird that FTE seemed to be totally unseen for the fight outside of that one guy though.

C) You sound like a dipshit.

Thanks for the video, another enjoyable one.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
FTE wiped to open world bee and RI went up and killed that same open world bee while FTE was recovering. Anything else in the video is just some for entertainment purposes only razzmatazz.

Needless

Toe Sucker
the people price fixing tlpauctions by "selling" or "buying" krono for low or really high prices without any intent on buying or sell them is pretty entertaining

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Correct. It's possible to link items via cross server chat.

Out of curiosity what item(s) are you talking about? If it's something CT 1.0 related it might be legit. They definitely changed how Rubicite drops so it's possible they fucked something up while doing it.
It was either a clever phish attempt (to confirm if it dropped) ... or just a plain old channel troll. Lots of weird stuff drops in Kithicor Forest.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
seth meyers idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
all the boxers on this server are hilariously antisocial, buncha fat fucks should at least try and socialize in EQ since they surely dont irl
I'm not fat =(

I'd venture a guess that a lot of the boxers/power players around here are actually in pretty good shape in RL.

If you've got the drive and discipline to maintain a box crew or crush your competition on one of these servers, chances are you've at least got the potential to be a well put-together, competitive person in RL as well. To me, if someone powers through EQ content, it doesn't mean they're necessarily a no-lifer, it could also mean they just like to get things done and function efficiently so they can get back to their RL quicker. Guilds that sit on their ass and take forever to clear content like they have all the time in the world are the ones that look more to me like they've got nothing else going on.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'd venture a guess that a lot of the boxers/power players around here are actually in pretty good shape in RL.

If you've got the drive and discipline to maintain a box crew or crush your competition on one of these servers, chances are you've at least got the potential to be a well put-together, competitive person in RL as well. To me, if someone powers through EQ content, it doesn't mean they're necessarily a no-lifer, it could also mean they just like to get things done and function efficiently so they can get back to their RL quicker. Guilds that sit on their ass and take forever to clear content like they have all the time in the world are the ones that look more to me like they've got nothing else going on.
Boxer here. Can confirm.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users