EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone that thinks there isn't some kind of agreement or understanding in place with the big bot crews and Daybreak is smoking some serious copium.

There are fully automated farm crews in almost every zone of value on Oakwynd that just flat warp to spawns as they rotate through picks. They run 24/7 and have absolutely decimated the economy on this server to the point that I'm not sure the normies will even stick with it. Kronos are 25k and climbing currently, if you can even convince someone to sell one because plat is actually worthless due to the industrial scale automated AEing of seb and the hole.

They suspended fully like 20% of the server last week during a big wave and none of these automated crews were impacted at all.

Things like obuluous death shroud or runebranded girdle are worth less than half a krono ~4 weeks in to kunark due to the insane level of automated farming taking place. The fungi king crews have stacks of tunics/staves that they can't sell through because the normie market isn't deep enough to absorb it all.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Anyone that thinks there isn't some kind of agreement or understanding in place with the big bot crews and Daybreak is smoking some serious copium.

There are fully automated farm crews in almost every zone of value on Oakwynd that just flat warp to spawns as they rotate through picks. They run 24/7 and have absolutely decimated the economy on this server to the point that I'm not sure the normies will even stick with it. Kronos are 25k and climbing currently, if you can even convince someone to sell one because plat is actually worthless due to the industrial scale automated AEing of seb and the hole.

They suspended fully like 20% of the server last week during a big wave and none of these automated crews were impacted at all.

Things like obuluous death shroud or runebranded girdle are worth less than half a krono ~4 weeks in to kunark due to the insane level of automated farming taking place. The fungi king crews have stacks of tunics/staves that they can't sell through because the normie market isn't deep enough to absorb it all.
This is the new normal for every EQ TLP server forever unless Darkpaw decides to do something aggressive.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There's a lot of demand on the server relative to the population size for boosting services due to the heirloom loot rules, bonus exp for max level characters and raid guilds pushing for people to have multiple copies of their main. Oakwynd has had and continues to have an incredible amount of PLing done. The execution is sophisticated and it's dumping a mountain of plat in to the game. Seb PLs are like 10000 plat per hour every hour multiplied by the number of active crews bolted on to what would be the normal inflation. Those crews don't have any use for the currency outside of exchanging it for krono so it all comes in hot.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
The only way they do anything about it is if there is a large amount of negative publicity on platforms that they do not control.

They can delete content on their forums and discord, probably have enough influence over reddit mods that they can keep most stuff suppressed there. Unless some major gaming sites or youtubers start talking about the problem, (guys with a few hundred subs don't count), can't expect much to be done.

Or a large portion of the playerbase reject fresh TLPs and stay on older ones, which won't happen, people are already banking on the 25th being some kind of amazing ruleset that's gonna be totally awesome sauce.

In reality we'll probably get some kind of Phinny clone (with FTE) and another gimmick server like Selo or Vaniki.

Needless

Toe Sucker
This server's krono price is wild, werent kronos at this point on a server like agnarr 10k tops by the end of kunark? oakwynd's is already almost 25?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I know it's been said a gazillion times before, but honestly they don't run the game like as if they believe it has much time left. At this point, it feels like its a "get every penny you can before the doors shut" kind of environment. But... it's felt like that for many years now. It's almost as if it should have folded long ago, but somehow just keeps going on and every year they are like "this is the year it fails" and it doesn't.

Who knows... maybe that's just how crazy people run a business and we keep expecting them to run it like normal people that actually want to succeed lol.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know it's been said a gazillion times before, but honestly they don't run the game like as if they believe it has much time left. At this point, it feels like its a "get every penny you can before the doors shut" kind of environment. But... it's felt like that for many years now. It's almost as if it should have folded long ago, but somehow just keeps going on and every year they are like "this is the year it fails" and it doesn't.

Who knows... maybe that's just how crazy people run a business and we keep expecting them to run it like normal people that actually want to succeed lol.

They introduced encounter locking and then when it was annoying for the botter PL types they did this -

1692221629139.png

Why are you adding QoL changes for Team RMT? Now, they could have baked in to this something like "anything you yell will no longer yield experience to anyone" but they didn't. They could have been aggressive with the exp bonus per max level character so no one felt like they needed to pay for PLs but they didn't. It's very obvious that their concerns and our concerns are wildly out of sync.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This server's krono price is wild, werent kronos at this point on a server like agnarr 10k tops by the end of kunark? oakwynd's is already almost 25?
Mischief jumped to 40K at some point in Kunark. A lot of suspicion about a plat dupe

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There was mostly definitely some dupe or exploit that was found. Krono went from 9k-20k+ over a couple of days at the beginning of Kunark.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Mischief saw huge jumps in Krono prices, don't know about any plat dupes, but during TSS when they jumped massively everyone was claiming plat dupe but it turned out to be ppl farming ST loot and selling it for nobles.

I think Ronne is on the money that the widespread automated farming is just bringing insane amounts of plat into the economy pushing the price up, 25% bonus loot isn't helping.

It mostly hurts the casuals that want to buy krono with plat, the other casuals that buy krono and sell for plat actually benefit. People that farm items that can be sold for a krono aren't overly affected.

It's pretty wildly known that Elfpie is running a large botting operation farming multiple zones at once, and possibly stuff we don't know and is being ignored by the company.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
There was mostly definitely some dupe or exploit that was found. Krono went from 9k-20k+ over a couple of days at the beginning of Kunark.

Just the extra raw plat, gems and spells that drop in seb are probably enough to explain a doubling of krono price in Kunark

Atabishi Forgot Password

Silver Squire
They introduced encounter locking and then when it was annoying for the botter PL types they did this -

View attachment 486856

Why are you adding QoL changes for Team RMT? Now, they could have baked in to this something like "anything you yell will no longer yield experience to anyone" but they didn't. They could have been aggressive with the exp bonus per max level character so no one felt like they needed to pay for PLs but they didn't. It's very obvious that their concerns and our concerns are wildly out of sync.

Both of the big PL teams are based in China, both with a full on office building that they work out of and employees. I just feel like them some how working with DBG seems very unlikely. I definitely think the other farm botters have some sort of direct connection but I'm not sure about the plvl'ers. I think it's a lot more likely that the plvl'ers just used their mass accounts to send in tickets requesting those type changes and then DBG thinks this is something the players want.

I think another possibility is that DBG sees the plvlers as a net positive so they want to keep them around. How many years ago has it been now since when they went super hard against the paypals of account sellers? Was a few years ago right? There was a period of time when a lot of people selling accounts were getting their paypals restricted. The plvl'ers over the last couple years starting around Mischief have nearly completely destroyed the account selling market. Accounts go for so cheap now compared to prior to mischief. The plvl'ers were obviously around before mischief but in the last few servers mischief-yelinak-oakwynd they've dropped the price for plvl so low that it almost doesn't make sense to buy an account vs just paying for a plvl. Last few servers not only have the prices for accounts on ectunnel been insanely cheap, but there's also not a lot being sold. Half or more of the accounts posted are from the plvl'ers. So maybe they keep the plvlers around because they destroyed the account selling market? I dunno, just a theory.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yes the same people that are selling PLs will put a fresh account in if they have unfilled slots, then sell them off naked and unskilled for like a hundo when they hit 60.

Also can't help but wonder what these people claiming they "report" bots all the time and nothing happens. The /report command does fuck all, you have to jump through the hoops to create a ticket, give accurate information on where, when, who etc is doing the botting, then submit it and not hit the yes button in the box that shows up afterwards, which automatically closes it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The only way they do anything about it is if there is a large amount of negative publicity on platforms that they do not control.

probably have enough influence over reddit mods that they can keep most stuff suppressed there.

In reality we'll probably get some kind of Phinny clone (with FTE) and another gimmick server like Selo or Vaniki.
I'm the reddit mod :)

I agree with the rest though.

• 1Like

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
Oakwnd is averging a higher pop per night than mischief did at this same point...

Oakwynd also has probably a 25% automated bot population. Which in my opinion only feels higher than previous servers.

I measured 8 picks of guk before kunark. 72/287 players (28%) were automated. This is just 6 box lvl 50s mainly at king and frenzy and lord.

Also for the kr price. I don't think it's a dupe. What it seems like more is it is a lack of real players (i.e. sellers of kr for plat) vs kr farmers.

Elderan Elderan - Can you test the pop now just after a patch now that all the bots are offline updating vs tomorrow when they are all back online?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I mean, it's not like Mischief didn't have a ton of boxers, though I don't know that there were so many automating.