EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I'm the reddit mod :)

I agree with the rest though.

Kinda what I was getting at, you do podcasts with Devs, probably not in your interest to allow the sub to turn into an anti bot gripefest less the Devs get pissed off and stop talking to you.

Thought there was a couple other mods as well.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Why would a large scale krono farmer setup shop on Oakwynd? Why not pick a quieter, or even a free server, to spawn dz's and run your covert industrial operation? The currency transfers between all servers and games right?

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Why would a large scale krono farmer setup shop on Oakwynd? Why not pick a quieter, or even a free server, to spawn dz's and run your covert industrial operation? The currency transfers between all servers and games right?
  1. The krono farmers need to BUY krono to fulfill their goal. You can't buy krono if you are on a quiet (aka. dead) server where very little krono is being sold
  2. Power leveling is a big part of krono farming, and if you are doing it on a dead server, you don't have near as many customers to sell power levels to
  3. In doing the power levels for krono, they also level up extra accounts that they sell off as well (extra income potential)
  4. High value loot items they farm need to have customers to sell those items to in order to make Krono. A dead server is going to have less customers to sell to

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
It's pretty wildly known that Elfpie is running a large botting operation farming multiple zones at once, and possibly stuff we don't know and is being ignored by the company.

It's got to be making him some RL $$$$'s to offset his disability check or something. Dude is on 24/7 in the tunnels, and the one interaction I had with him, offered him 8% below his selling price (GEBs if I remember), and he went absolutely unhinged. Kept sending me tells 3-4 zones away trying to mock me, and saying he sold several for his asking price already. (ended up getting them cheaper the next day)

As for Krono, I know it keeps the company afloat, but I fucking HATE it. Noone helps anymore. Krono farmers camp everything 24/7.

Atabishi Forgot Password

Silver Squire
It's got to be making him some RL $$$$'s to offset his disability check or something.

Who knows if a lot of people like him even live in America. I've met a few people here in Thailand that live a very nice life off RMT'ing in video games, always very interesting talking to them. I asked if they ever tried EQ though and they never heard of it lol. The amount they make off games is not good for America, but VERY good here. I live in the most expensive city in Thailand and the average person here only makes $600 a month and works their standard work week which is 72 hours (6 12-hour shifts). You could easily make $600 off playing EQ in a fraction of the amount of hours they would work doing a normal job. Hell, you could easily make $2000 a month and live a very nice life here renting a large house and going out drinking/partying every night (I rent a 2 story house in a private housing village with security guards and it's only $300 a month). You could live even better if you were doing it from a place like Vietnam. Imagine if you had started doing it during phinny, you would have sustained that income for the last 8 years.

Look at Aplus -- you could easily at least calculate his minimum amount of income simply by looking at his discord and doing basic math. He brings in at a minimum $15k USD per month and that's not counting plat + items sells + account sells. I imagine his operation brings in closer to $20k USD a month, and he probably lives in an area of China where you could easily live off less than $1k a month and be comfortable. So if you were to calculate for relativity just for the fun of it, he's bringing in the equivalent of making $80k a month in the US.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Who knows if a lot of people like him even live in America. I've met a few people here in Thailand that live a very nice life off RMT'ing in video games, always very interesting talking to them. I asked if they ever tried EQ though and they never heard of it lol. The amount they make off games is not good for America, but VERY good here. I live in the most expensive city in Thailand and the average person here only makes $600 a month and works their standard work week which is 72 hours (6 12-hour shifts). You could easily make $600 off playing EQ in a fraction of the amount of hours they would work doing a normal job. Hell, you could easily make $2000 a month and live a very nice life here renting a large house and going out drinking/partying every night (I rent a 2 story house in a private housing village with security guards and it's only $300 a month). You could live even better if you were doing it from a place like Vietnam. Imagine if you had started doing it during phinny, you would have sustained that income for the last 8 years.

Look at Aplus -- you could easily at least calculate his minimum amount of income simply by looking at his discord and doing basic math. He brings in at a minimum $15k USD per month and that's not counting plat + items sells + account sells. I imagine his operation brings in closer to $20k USD a month, and he probably lives in an area of China where you could easily live off less than $1k a month and be comfortable. So if you were to calculate for relativity just for the fun of it, he's bringing in the equivalent of making $80k a month in the US.

Interesting post, but remember, as F Frenzic learned recently everyone on here makes six to seven figures and scoffs at such minor amounts as making $7k in a month from playing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

So, what you're telling me is that I should sell everything and move to Thailand where I can be a God.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Zaide's pod cast is legit. If you haven't listened start from the beginning you will not be disappointed.

• 1Like

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Zaide's pod cast is legit. If you haven't listened start from the beginning you will not be disappointed.
I've been listening to a lot of these during my drives into work. Zaide mostly lets his guests do their thing which is well done imo.

Having played on a lot of these servers, pre Zaide, and with or against, I've really enjoyed the insider perspectives. A lot harder for me to get into eps on servers I've never played on. Quarken's episode was super cool as well. Really showed the end-to-end of a top end raider. Felt the whole 'game seemed cool, got it, decided it sucked pretty quickly and then came back few weeks later and caught the bug' narrative majorly. Also played a bit with Dalnoth on Aradune and he was a super super cool guy and a great guild leader.

And yeah, Sazzabi is a god.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, I can second this. I started at the beginning a couple weeks ago and just finished the latest one, and they're worth a listen for anyone who hasn't. You can pick out the ones about servers you were on first, but soon you'll go back and listen to the ones you weren't as well because there's so much good insight to be had.

And yeah, Sazzabi is a god.

As someone who usually mains SK nowayears and is always trying to improve, I really wish I'd had the chance to play with Sazzabi at some point given how often he gets brought up as the SK master.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's not just that he was good. There's a lot of good players. It's that he was always good. He was putting in an A to A+ performance every minute he was online. It was crazy.

• 1Like

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
They introduced encounter locking and then when it was annoying for the botter PL types they did this -

View attachment 486856

Why are you adding QoL changes for Team RMT? Now, they could have baked in to this something like "anything you yell will no longer yield experience to anyone" but they didn't. They could have been aggressive with the exp bonus per max level character so no one felt like they needed to pay for PLs but they didn't. It's very obvious that their concerns and our concerns are wildly out of sync.
AFAIK The main reason for this change was to get rid of OOG cheese pulling (OOG puller could train his group with a rare plus gobs of mobs, /yell the rare, FD)

It also is a huge QoL change for Joe Casual trying to powerlevel boxes or buddies with his druid, or for any group who wants to add OOG DPS. And hey, it's a nice change for someone actually using /yell for help.

Having to target every mob and /yell to unlock FTE is just awful in general. The yell command was poorly implemented on Oakwynd. The change benefitted everyone, not just RMTers. I doubt anyone is clamoring for it to go back to the way it was.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't think anyone at DPG cares about the cheese caused by FTE mechanics. There's no doubt the design drops the difficulty of the game, so who cares if players can drops it a bit further than intended by cheesing encounters.