EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oakwynd just isn't that sweaty and the guilds aren't that big and there isn't that much on the line for even the most dastardly plans someone can implement to mean all that much. Sleeper's going to be awake day one and then it's a two month countdown to Luclin.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The team shrinks by one. Qwalla, mastermind behind Oakwynd (not the FTE part though) is no longer with Darkpaw.

• 2Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
The team shrinks by one. Qwalla, mastermind behind Oakwynd (not the FTE part though) is no longer with Darkpaw.
Fired or left on her own for a better opportunity? She sounded excited and actually invested in EQ when I listened to her on your podcast. Real shame.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Fired or left on her own for a better opportunity? She sounded excited and actually invested in EQ when I listened to her on your podcast. Real shame.
Afaik she is going to be moving on to bigger and better things.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
She give you a finders fee? The pod cast was a good resume. I liked her after listening.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
The replay timer was thirty minutes with additional lockouts for particular bosses and general loot.

Was thinking of every TLP before Oakwynd where DZ lockouts were like 6 day 12 hours or whatever, general rule of thumb was to never talk to an AoC unless specifically instructed to, most people understand this, or at least should

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Was thinking of every TLP before Oakwynd where DZ lockouts were like 6 day 12 hours or whatever, general rule of thumb was to never talk to an AoC unless specifically instructed to, most people understand this, or at least should

The replay timer and loot lockout for the zone and loot lockout for a particular boss are all different things. The cooldown on pulling a new DZ has been a half hour for at least a few years. This was used frequently to "fish" for specific rare spawns like Rotting Skeleton in Dreadlands or Pawbuster in KC. You would spawn a DZ, go in, look around and if your guy wasn't up you'd kill it and start another in thirty minutes. People using this to cascade raid targets by having everyone drop the DZ once the boss is running is a new one for me but I guess it's also been a thing for a while now.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Just as a comment during the leveling process - most people and guilds I’ve run into have been decent but almost every player in the guild Infamous Shadows seems to have some degree of brain damage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We will probably see a patch that makes it so you can only pop an AoC if you are the group or raid leader sometime in the next year.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Damn that's harsh.
Well I mean, he's not wrong.

Everquest went down the shitter over a decade ago. Most of us don't ever see the shit it has become because we only play the first few expansions of every TLP that comes out.

If most people stuck around long enough on a TLP, they would find that the game becomes a whole different game that just keeps the same name sometime after Omens of War. Go create a character on a live server, play to max, and you'll see just how non-Everquest it really is.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
You're right. I remember someone causing an AoC snafu on Aradune during Velious. We were planning to split Zlandicar or something. Guy accidentally requested the DZ while the raid was still combined and everyone got the 6.5 day replay lockout.

Per a quick google search, 30min replay timers were added on 2/15/22:

2.15.22 Patch Notes

-Added a replay timer of 30 minutes to all Agents of Change instances.

Needless

Toe Sucker
oh shit velious is next thursday? i should lvl my monk but i just dont have it in me to play kunark my god this expansion is so fucking dull