EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I really don't know why Sleeper's Tomb still works the way it does. One of these servers they need to just hard lock it at a month so more than 0.002% of the server gets to actually look at Kerafym. The day one strat of doing a couple dozen splits of Zlandicar and running in to ST to get your single instance kill of each warder is so fucking stupid.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That moment when you abandon the mob at 10% to ensure you get a good viewing angle but then immediately sprint back and lose the angle so you can roll on a shitty primal bow. Lmao.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I really don't know why Sleeper's Tomb still works the way it does. One of these servers they need to just hard lock it at a month so more than 0.002% of the server gets to actually look at Kerafym. The day one strat of doing a couple dozen splits of Zlandicar and running in to ST to get your single instance kill of each warder is so fucking stupid.
Does it need to change? It's just part of the TLP experience. If you want to do Sleepers 1.0, just join a sweaty guild for a TLP cycle and do it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Does it need to change? It's just part of the TLP experience. If you want to do Sleepers 1.0, just join a sweaty guild for a TLP cycle and do it.

Fuck "the TLP experience." The one night super split shitter bosses for keys meta is lame as fuck.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yelinak without mitigation of the mighty would be pretty easy even in era on TLP. Also, duo yelinak is going to take 1h+, but I guess you can just afk.

Oh yeah, MOTM is gone by now huh? That would also make the job much easier at this point with mercs. Could probably clear any Vaniki target that allows mercs pretty easily. Not gonna help you with like, Meldrath, but yeah.

Cragbeast Queen had to be DZ only and I'm not sure if mercs can be brought into that particular DZ. They can with some DZs but not others it seems like, and I never really got into the weeds of which is which because I only played long enough to even get mercs on Live and Phinny.

Anyone know offhand which Vaniki targets can be merc'd at this stage?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That moment when you abandon the mob at 10% to ensure you get a good viewing angle but then immediately sprint back and lose the angle so you can roll on a shitty primal bow. Lmao.

Yeah that was pretty retarded. When he blocked half the screen with the loot window I thought that was as bad as it'd get, but then he ran back and forth like a spaz

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yeah that was pretty retarded. When he blocked half the screen with the loot window I thought that was as bad as it'd get, but then he ran back and forth like a spaz
Screeching manlets is one of my least favorite features of gaming with voice in 2023. I fondly recall a time when I could play with someone for years and never hear their voice. Its obviously worth the trade-off but I am nostalgic for simpler times occasionally.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Fuck "the TLP experience." The one night super split shitter bosses for keys meta is lame as fuck.
At this point, I don't know why they don't offer the option to DZ Sleeper Tomb 1.0 once a month or something. Keep it rare, but at least give more than one group of people the opportunity at SoDs and tinkerer masks.

What they have been doing on every server to date with the one-and-done Sleeper event just creates a situation for someone to sell a SoD for a thousand dollars or more. I mean, if you really base your whole life on making a couple thousand dollars ONE TIME off of each TLP server (aka once every couple years), I feel sorry for you. There's way better ways to make WAY more money than that. Who ever the dev is that is using this old pathetic design flaw to makea couple extra thousand every couple years, give them a raise already, and lets move on from this stupidity.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
At this point, I don't know why they don't offer the option to DZ Sleeper Tomb 1.0 once a month or something. Keep it rare, but at least give more than one group of people the opportunity at SoDs and tinkerer masks.

What they have been doing on every server to date with the one-and-done Sleeper event just creates a situation for someone to sell a SoD for a thousand dollars or more. I mean, if you really base your whole life on making a couple thousand dollars ONE TIME off of each TLP server (aka once every couple years), I feel sorry for you. There's way better ways to make WAY more money than that. Who ever the dev is that is using this old pathetic design flaw to makea couple extra thousand every couple years, give them a raise already, and lets move on from this stupidity.

That's a fairly elegant idea. Include the ability to spawn an old ST DZ throughout Velious but increase the replay timer to something like three or four weeks.

The arms of race of splitting the weakest key droppers while also buying keys from the boxers that actively trash the economy to get in there night one because if you don't you aren't getting shit is so far removed from the spirit of Sleeper's Tomb I don't see any reason to not change it. RI had 40+ keys and were in there killing warders in what, 9 hours? With FTE fast on their heels? One warder got left up and a boxer took it down after a day. On the initial iterations of TLPs sure fine, leave it as it is, but with DZs and now mirrors this shit is whack. Heirloom gear and separate DZ timers means you can buy all the keys you can afford to buy and have your guild members go scoop them up from one boxer after another.

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider

As painful as the video was to watch, it was nothing compared to the aftermath that ensued by this group of clowns.

One of the bigger Everquest streamers DirtyOldSocks caught wind of the above video and watched it on his stream. He poked fun at it and said in his opinion, it is an asshole move to wake the sleeper so close after launch. I guess a few of those in the above video were watching his stream, took extreme offense and decided it best to attack back with some of the most cringeworthy dialogue I have seen since the explosion of Eminem in the late 90s, when every other 15 year old white boy turned into a "hard" rapper. Here are some of the gems...

----------------------------------------
ajnocturnal my g, first of all you live in a shack your ig exposes you 2nd, you suck at a game thats been out for over 20 years 3rd of all u drink hard seltzers lmao cmon g u the biggest loser here
ajnocturnal u streamin eq for money my g trying to pay for a 800 dollar month apartment
iGinix so mad lol
thugdiesel808 where ur ST loot at my boi?
thugdiesel808 def not as old as you gramps
ajnocturnal ban me, it wont change the fact that u look like the wendys girl and ur husband lines up his eyebrows
aziuno You are mad that a new group of people who have NEVER woken sleeper did it before RI did it YET AGAIN tomorrow
aziuno We woke it up in 12hrs.
iGinix 2 days.. cmon now
iGinix we are pros
iGinix RI Zerg'd it with 50 we did it with 17 lol
mee_ko @aziuno This is false. RI killed 3 warders and left the last one up. You went in and killed the last one. This isnt waking the sleeper as a zerg guild of 18. This is pathetic
aziuno Your initial reactions were jealous and emotion based. You wouldn't have gotten into the zone before RI/FTW Woke it. I am just stoked to see it for the first time, and glad to take that experience away from the casual suspects. GL with your stream, i'm out.
ajnocturnal did yal get together n do a lil jungle juice bucket of seltzers and have a swingers party?
ajnocturnal Karen dear, I'm sure lil Socks here will buy you guys a nice piece of land somewhere and yall will retire off his Twitch income here soon where he will open his own seltzie distribution co
-------------------------------------

Careful folks, we got some real badass Everquest pros here! Ironically DirtyOldSocks was streaming on Mischief where he plays primarily and hadn't even logged in the Oakwynd since before Velious had launched. They left eventually after the rest of chat drunked on them pretty hard referencing their screech voices and lack of social skills/awareness. Was pretty entertaining while it lasted.

• 1Wow!
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
As painful as the video was to watch, it was nothing compared to the aftermath that ensued by this group of clowns.

One of the bigger Everquest streamers DirtyOldSocks caught wind of the above video and watched it on his stream. He poked fun at it and said in his opinion, it is an asshole move to wake the sleeper so close after launch. I guess a few of those in the above video were watching his stream, took extreme offense and decided it best to attack back with some of the most cringeworthy dialogue I have seen since the explosion of Eminem in the late 90s, when every other 15 year old white boy turned into a "hard" rapper. Here are some of the gems...

ajnocturnal my g, first of all you live in a shack your ig exposes you 2nd, you suck at a game thats been out for over 20 years 3rd of all u drink hard seltzers lmao cmon g u the biggest loser here
ajnocturnal u streamin eq for money my g trying to pay for a 800 dollar month apartment
iGinix so mad lol
ajnocturnal ban me, it wont change the fact that u look like the wendys girl and ur husband lines up his eyebrows
aziuno You are mad that a new group of people who have NEVER woken sleeper did it before RI did it YET AGAIN tomorrow
iGinix 2 days.. cmon now
iGinix we are pros
mee_ko @aziuno This is false. RI killed 3 warders and left the last one up. You went in and killed the last one. This isnt waking the sleeper as a zerg guild of 18. This is pathetic
aziuno Your initial reactions were jealous and emotion based. You wouldn't have gotten into the zone before RI/FTW Woke it. I am just stoked to see it for the first time, and glad to take that experience away from the casual suspects. GL with your stream, i'm out.
ajnocturnal did yal get together n do a lil jungle juice bucket of seltzers and have a swingers party?
ajnocturnal Karen dear, I'm sure lil Socks here will buy you guys a nice piece of land somewhere and yall will retire off his Twitch income here soon where he will open his own seltzie distribution co

Careful folks, we got some real badass Everquest pros here! Ironically DirtyOldSocks was streaming on Mischief where he plays primarily and hadn't even logged in the Oakwynd since before Velious had launched. They left eventually after the rest of chat drunked on them pretty hard referencing their screech voices and lack of social skills/awareness. Was pretty entertaining while it lasted.
Probably the most exciting thing to happen on an usedsocks stream in, well, ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist

iGinix so mad lol
iGinix 2 days.. cmon now
iGinix we are pros

It sucks to see the personal attacks like that. Socks seems like he’s got thick skin so I hope he took it well.

Ginix

Bronze Squire

iGinix so mad lol
iGinix 2 days.. cmon now
iGinix we are pros

His tears were just too good to resist. Never seen someone so upset from another server.

• 2Like

iGinix so mad lol
iGinix 2 days.. cmon now
iGinix we are pros

When you dish it out, do you expect not to receive something back? You seem like you have control issues from the way you like to paint one-sided narratives from selected texts. Why is it that when you see a small group of players having fun doing something, your first instinct is to spew hate? I'm sensing boomer energy here and that you're beginning to grow bored playing Mischief with your random loot.

The Sleeper was awakened because it was something we haven't seen before. After all, it's better us than someone else yeah? Its not like FTE or RI would have let it sat. The moment they would have gotten another clear, it would have been awoken. Hop aboard the train and wait till the next TLP to launch, join a sweaty guild, and do it just like everyone else.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
His tears were just too good to resist. Never seen someone so upset from another server.

He was outspoken because there was alot of speculation and insinuation that it was accomplished by third party bots (example : ) . He has always been very openly against third party bot armies, regardless of the server.

Anyway, those were some gushing tears you caught in that clip! You and da bois owned him good by personally attacking his wife's physical appearance and income. Big "W" for my g's!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf