EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Am I correct in thinking that warriors have zero way to get snap aggro in Classic?

Paladin and SK can yoink mobs off of an enchanter in a hurry. Paladin can also drop heals on said enchanter. Paladin's probably the best enchanter backup as far as tank classes go.

Warrior though, I see Warrior being a total pain in the ass in a 1-50 static, trying to get taunt to work, getting blamed for everyone getting beaten on. Just a very unenjoyable experience, while with Paladin I should be able to hold down the 1-50 fort easily the same way it is with SK. Non-damage stuns are perfect for enchanter rescue and stopping CH-casters, plus you can root runners. All things I often end up having to do anyway in statics even if it's not my primary job.

Kunark's 51-60 rush comes along and Warriors have some real good tools at their disposal, much better gear, and a taunt button that works.

Classic looks like a PITA for a Warrior though.

Warriors are pure shit in classic. They'd be the worst class if rogues didn't exist

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mained paladin 1-75 on two servers. Slay undead is one of those halo abilities that look fantastic from the outside but once you actually get it, it's kind of underwhelming. It has like a 2% proc chance at 60 and that proc might well come when the mob is already at low health. There's the occasional hilarity where you proc slay twice on a mob and 100-0 it in a few seconds but for the most part it just turns a 1/10 DPS class into a 2/10 dps class, a warrior or SK will do more dps over time and against all mob types. Paladin ATK is significantly lower than a warrior's so they miss a lot more. Only at level 75 does it become moderately useful because the proc chance goes up quite a bit.

The strength of the class is in its versatility, I always liked EQ classes with a wide toolkit. Really shines in group content, in raids if you're content never tanking the big bad but filling out support roles you'll be fine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
didnt warder loot drop off a bunch of shit on mischief so it didnt matter either way? i cant recall how velious loot worked i barely played that expansion

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
didnt warder loot drop off a bunch of shit on mischief so it didnt matter either way? i cant recall how velious loot worked i barely played that expansion
A few of us woke Sleeper after farming the zone for a day or so. The loot was locked in Sleeper until we killed the last warder, then it opened up to NTOV and a bunch of other bosses.

I name changed all of my toons to be the names of the Warders so it was “Hraashna has been slain by Hraashna” etc. We were also in GiG with a single toon, sitting in the discord channel listening to everyone complain, wipe a few toons trying to get down to us, etc.

GiG did end up getting a warder or two and a SoD, and I bought it for an outrageous amount thinking they would be gone. Next day they’re dropping off random bosses. Oh well. We had fun with it.

Last edited:
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I wish that RI dork who makes videos would take note of your videos. Short, sweet, to the point, amusing, and the music isn't trash.

I will admit that I do still find that RI dork's videos mildly enjoyable, though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
A few of us woke Sleeper after farming the zone for a day or so. The loot was locked in Sleeper until we killed the last warder, then it opened up to NTOV and a bunch of other bosses.

I name changed all of my toons to be the names of the Warders so it was “Hraashna has been slain by Hraashna” etc. We were also in GiG with a single toon, sitting in the discord channel listening to everyone complain, wipe a few toons trying to get down to us, etc.

GiG did end up getting a warder or two and a SoD, and I bought it for an outrageous amount thinking they would be gone. Next day they’re dropping off random bosses. Oh well. We had fun with it.

Ahhhh okay i wasnt aware it was ST locked until they were downed

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Do we have a guild going on Oakwynd

dean ambrose wwe GIF

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Ahhhh okay i wasnt aware it was ST locked until they were downed

Warder loot was on mobs outside of ST prior to waking the Sleeper. The Velious randomization on launch was the most fucked up of any expansion, which is why they hotfixed it. PoG Minis that can be duoed were dropping Vulak loot, server first AoW droped 2x Pristine Emerald because he was on the same table as ST trash mobs, ToV trash mobs were dropping avatar weapons left and right.

• 2Worf

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
The loot in Velious was hilarious. Where else are you going to see AOW turn into a skeleton because he's dual wielding that SK sword that procs lich? That was when the server was behaving exactly as advertised, but care bears complained non-stop about it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider

165kr is a steal no? :p

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The loot in Velious was hilarious. Where else are you going to see AOW turn into a skeleton because he's dual wielding that SK sword that procs lich? That was when the server was behaving exactly as advertised, but care bears complained non-stop about it.
I loved ignite bones on dragons :emoji_laughing:

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't know that one, what's the story?
He's a wyrm in the western wastes that initially shared a loot table with the Avatar of War. He also has something like a 2-hour respawn. It was patched that night or the next morning but plenty of Mraaka spawns were had because of instances.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
He's a wyrm in the western wastes that initially shared a loot table with the Avatar of War. He also has something like a 2-hour respawn. It was patched that night or the next morning but plenty of Mraaka spawns were had because of instances.
It was a multiple day thing till it was fixed and you could see it every 15 min if lucky.