EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Needless

Toe Sucker
Luclin is tomorrow yeah? with the charity double exp bonus i'll probably roll a BL

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Luclin is tomorrow yeah? with the charity double exp bonus i'll probably roll a BL

Yea, I rolled a couple chars here to see how the FTE worked and they musta fixed it a lot cause it works real well. Monk flew from 46-60 in 7 hours with pot and this xp bonus, pretty impressed. No guild at the moment, didnt want to bother ppl till I hit 60.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Alright so guilds on this server. RI is closed to Monks...anyone in Golden Roosters? They seem like the only other guild that is not going to waste anyone time. Seems very casual on this server compared to Agnarr / Mangler / Mischief

Needless

Toe Sucker
Depends on what Aplus is doing - he's the best doing it IMO. Looks like he's in Velks.
will keep that in mind, ended up doing the deep and got just enough AAs for endless quiver and AM3 so im good lol

how do these fuckers stay online in the meat piles for buffs without getting DC'd? just auto hotkey shit?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
will keep that in mind, ended up doing the deep and got just enough AAs for endless quiver and AM3 so im good lol

how do these fuckers stay online in the meat piles for buffs without getting DC'd? just auto hotkey shit?
Yeah, auto hotkey, keyboard macro, mouse mover, lots of ways.

Juvarisx

Florida
Found some folks and did some older raids. I gotta say this heirloom system is A+. It’s like solo self found mischief. Server is far better then I think it was at launch and if the 25th incorporates ideas from it as it is now I think people wil like it. There are schenanagins with fte like kicking clerics to rez after wipes and mobs won’t move so they don’t get killed etc. Got all keyed and baned for everything super quick due to extra life perks and having a great time.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Extra life loot and xp bonus was ridiculous. With 3x loot, RI did 4x Atens during the bonus for equivalent of 12 Aten kills in the first weekend. Now going back and doing anything feels as bad as going back to NO DROP after Mischief.

It also looks like the legacy bonus isn't applying to AA experience. S Secrets how does that apply on the back end? I sort of remember 1 AA is like a level 51's worth of experience? Is the xp earned and then applied to the AA pool based on the AA % slider in the UI, or is it earned separately and is somehow skipping the legacy bonus check?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Ranger AAs are so good early on. Endless Quiver + Archery Mastery 3, then Headshot in PoP = Maybe my favorite part of the game for any single class. Never mained one though, maybe one of these years.

Still prolly going Paladin for the 25th but Ranger is 2nd place. Breaking off from my traditional SK

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Ranger AAs are so good early on. Endless Quiver + Archery Mastery 3, then Headshot in PoP = Maybe my favorite part of the game for any single class. Never mained one though, maybe one of these years.

Still prolly going Paladin for the 25th but Ranger is 2nd place. Breaking off from my traditional SK

Headshot in PoP is just barely above worthless

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Extra life loot and xp bonus was ridiculous.
Extra life on live is fun, because all loot is about to become basically worthless in a few weeks, or will be as raids get released. Loot distribution on raids takes longer than a lot of the kills. It's a good time to fill out Hunter achievements and rarish augs though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Headshot in PoP is just barely above worthless

That how it is nowadays? That's unfortunate. I know it got nerfed at some point. It's probably still good later on with enough Heroic Dex piled up...if I'm remembering right that HDex influences its fire rate, which I might not be.

Back in 2017 headshot was pretty incredible in PoP era. I remember getting to level 62 and HSing things in Grieg's End for hours for massive amounts of AA EXP (go past 62 and the rate drops)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That how it is nowadays? That's unfortunate. I know it got nerfed at some point. It's probably still good later on with enough Heroic Dex piled up...if I'm remembering right that HDex influences its fire rate, which I might not be.

Back in 2017 headshot was pretty incredible in PoP era. I remember getting to level 62 and HSing things in Grieg's End for hours for massive amounts of AA EXP (go past 62 and the rate drops)
Well shit man, thats about the time it was nerfed into the ground. I dont know why they decided to do it so late into the game, but 2017 / 2018 is, at least Im pretty sure, when they nerfed it and a bunch of other shit. Devs across the industry would rather nerf shit into obscurity rather than finding a way to nerf it and keep it fun.

Juvarisx

Florida
Okay who is in RI or Roosters? The chucklefucks i joined to raid decided the best day to do VT was Friday evening and who the fuck wants to raid on Fri/Sat night.

Hit me up....seriously

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

Just join the discord and post in the intro thing, they don't really have specific requirements other than not being a shitter

Pretty much any kind of DPS is wanted right now, only thing I think we're actively rejecting is tanks?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida

Just join the discord and post in the intro thing, they don't really have specific requirements other than not being a shitter

Pretty much any kind of DPS is wanted right now, only thing I think we're actively rejecting is tanks?

Ill hit it up after this raid im in. I'm a non shit Monk so I guess that covers it lol

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Well shit man, thats about the time it was nerfed into the ground. I dont know why they decided to do it so late into the game, but 2017 / 2018 is, at least Im pretty sure, when they nerfed it and a bunch of other shit. Devs across the industry would rather nerf shit into obscurity rather than finding a way to nerf it and keep it fun.
It was ‘nerfed’ to scale with hdex which wasn’t really a nerf on live servers but in classic dbg style they don’t give a fuck about TLPs and didn’t care that no one on a tlp has any significant amount of hdex until like level 95

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wouldn't say 95, my ranger is 85 in SoD atm and headshots fine with 100+ hdex. Most gear will have 4-10 hdex these days in sod plus augs. Certainly in luclin/pop though pickins are slim.

Not necessarily a terrible change for luclin in era though, two rangers could basically consume all of griegs. Ahh those were the days.

• 1Like