EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
1700738036031.png

Happy Well Done GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Probably didn't even get banned, just packed up and went to do something else since the plat they were getting was suddenly worth far less than it was the day before.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any plat farm bots still going are likely just going because the owner never got around to turning them off yet.

• 2Like

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
About the only thing that would ever interest me in a TLP would be a krono free server. But we all know that'll never happen.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Our next step will be to continue meticulously reviewing all the data available to us, which may lead to further actions being taken to ensure the integrity of the game.
lol @ integrity. The issue was reported within hours and was something many players would discover inadvertently on their own.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>

lol @ integrity. The issue was reported within hours and was something many players would discover inadvertently on their own.
A couple of paragraphs to say absolutely nothing meaningful. Telling that the letter came from that idiot community manager instead of JChan (does she do anything beyond write two producer letters a year?). They will do nothing of significance while making empty apologies and doling out a few suspensions that will have zero effect on anything, just to say "we addressed the issue". EQ is beyond fucked.

Daidraco

Tlpman

Golden Squire
The Ngreth comment was from the night before the servers were taken down.

They knew, and they did nothing.

1700876208085.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

yerm

About the only thing that would ever interest me in a TLP would be a krono free server. But we all know that'll never happen.

Fippy was krono free. I farmed up tons of plat and kept trying to buy a white dragonscale cloak, only to be repeatedly told usd only. No plat price ever given, no plat offer ever respected. I finally got one from a quitter for plat. Meanwhile, I had I think the only bcg on the server, and got daily tells with usd offers for it. I ended up just quitting and selling before velious.

This krono free server idea has to be coming out of ridiculous nostalgia or something. It wont lower the amount of rmt. It'll just make the rmting more tedious and scam friendly.

I'd be interested in an everything notrade server, including plat. With corpses never unlocking.

Yes. Lets fucking go. My idea with this would be rares and raids dropping their whole table on kill, so you get everything/anything you want to hunt for reasonably easily if you camp it once. Pipe dream idea though, since the devs and former devs who are friends with current devs making fortunes don't make money there.

• 1Solidarity

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah apparently this article dropped before they released that statement.

Her response to that being pointed out..

1700889016512.png

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This games management has gotten so bad since JChan took over. Angelina IMO has been an awful hire as the CR.

You can clearly tell they are just milking this game for every penny they can rather than providing a good product.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah apparently this article dropped before they released that statement.

Her response to that being pointed out..

View attachment 501849

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF
I don't know why anyone would think they'd have their finger on the pulse of "MMO journalism" enough to scramble to respond to an mmorpg.com article. The focus on "communication" cracks me up. It reminds me of the Norm MacDonald bit on Bill Cosby.

"He said the worst part of the Trade Depot thing was the communication.. and I disagreed."

"You disagreed with that."

"Yeah.. I thought it was the duping"

1700912752340.png

They sat on reports of it for a week. No amount of mid-Thanksgiving pie response on a forum is going to be successful when people have been smuggling hoards of velium bars for a week.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like